What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 - Other Games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You say these things constantly to back up your arguments but once again, I don't remember many people saying these things on this forum.
In fact, most people thought Arthur would be good for us.
I posted a link where 48% of people wanted Taylor and only 8% voted for Arthur (incidentally I voted for Henry).
Most people didn't know much about Gutherson, and furthermore, most people were happy that we'd secured Moses.
People were writing Gutherson off after he had played a handful of games for us. And plenty of people were against the Moses signing.
In future, can you please back up these claims with facts or links, or alternatively, stop talking shit.
The shit's too hard to find. But if you disagree rest assured it is noted.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was definitely wrong about Sandow. But not Kearney. Because I know less than 50 games is too soon to make a call. Guys like Hagan and Stuart were premiership winners with win rates over 65% after their first two seasons. That proves I'm right that 42 games is too small a sample to make a judgement.

It says more about Kearney that he has only been employed by dud clubs like Parra and the Warriors than his win record at those clubs. If he was a decent coach he would get better offers.

Don't go crowing about getting a guess right pal. It just makes you look like an amateur. People death ride Stuart but still coaching in the NRL too. Meanwhile Eels 'favourites' like Jason Taylor and Daniel Anderson will never coach first grade again.

Exactly.
Luke,mautalino,mannering,foran,johnson.rts,kata, lillyman, are pverated

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say the squad is overrated anyway, but I'd expect them to only lose about 12 games this year, and they've already lost 13 with four games to go.

I thought the 2011 and 2012 Eels squads were only about as good as their win/loss record turned out to be. Especially when Hayne missed so many games in 2012. Likewise the 2013 team; that wasn't Stuart's fault. And this year the Raiders have won about half their games, which is fair given their roster. Last year they overachieved significantly.

The 2013 team wasn't Stuart's fault but the way he dealt with it was. After a good win in just the second round he uses the press conference to tell everyone that there'll be "plenty more floggings".... that alone was unforgivable. Then he follows it up with the projector shit. Even if he did sign a couple of decent players I'd bet that's far outweighed by the money we had to pay for players to play elsewhere. He's not a good coach.

No but he's not as bad as plenty make out either. That's my point.
I'm not sure. I think he might be as bad as people make out but not for the reasons they say. His overwhelming priority is his own success. Even if that's true of most people at their core, the balance is well off in Stuart's case.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Matt Elliott on ABC just now: 'My God, there's a bloke out there for Manly with a pair of legs hanging off his shoulders'. Kelepi making his Manly debut

hindy111

Post Whore
Roosters will win atleast 2 of 4 and to overtake we need to win all 4.
I would rather them and Storm keep wining.

My tip is Canberra to make finals and we play them week 1. Ricky will f**k us and KO us out.
Just the feeling i get.

strider

Post Whore
The 2013 team wasn't Stuart's fault but the way he dealt with it was. After a good win in just the second round he uses the press conference to tell everyone that there'll be "plenty more floggings".... that alone was unforgivable. Then he follows it up with the projector shit. Even if he did sign a couple of decent players I'd bet that's far outweighed by the money we had to pay for players to play elsewhere. He's not a good coach.
Couldnt agree with this more ... ricky f**ks with peoples heads too much - alot of it isnt even intentional ... he can be a decent coach (even a good dude) but he has this other mad merkin half of his brain too

strider

Post Whore
Roosters will win atleast 2 of 4 and to overtake we need to win all 4.
I would rather them and Storm keep wining.

My tip is Canberra to make finals and we play them week 1. Ricky will f**k us and KO us out.
Just the feeling i get.
Just to clarify ... who is us?