What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters. Friday 10th of August 7:55pm

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’d be concerned if I was you....

We have GI, Jennings and Campbell back for when we will meet you next...

If we can make fourth of with troops back I reckon we get you next time...

Sam ain’t gonna play that bad again...... we had you in the middle metres wise but due to players who don’t play those positions normally for us on first grade we were clunky...

Build a but if pressure and we have you guys..

With our backline you should’ve put 30 on us last night...

Latrell didn’t really go looking for the ball either...he can be shut down no probs.....

Now let’s see if you guys get injuries to 4 to 5 backs as to how you guys cope... I already know the answer...

Last night will mean nothing come week 1 of the finals, both teams will be in the top 4.

However not sure how you can be so confident souths will have no injuries come the finals, that’s fairly remarkable, can you tell me if the tigers will have anyone injured for round 25?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Last night will mean nothing come week 1 of the finals, both teams will be in the top 4.

However not sure how you can be so confident souths will have no injuries come the finals, that’s fairly remarkable, can you tell me if the tigers will have anyone injured for round 25?
Now come on mate, you aren't allowed to ask him logical questions that he can't answer.

He'll cry about you "attacking" him

Just blocking out the first time we played you boys this year, huh?

Pretty insecure of you champ
Why are all you souffs fans living in the past?

Of the past let’s say 1 game against souffs because that suits my argument we have a 100% win record and souffs have a 0% win record.

Looks like Rusty can’t buy those Ron Coote cups aye

Thadius

Juniors
We simply cannot take Hunt to the semi finals, he wouldn't tackle a baked dinner and is a massive liability to Souths.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I’m hoping and praying we stay fit...

callmack1

Staff member
There's no doubt Sam had a rough game last night but I'm not bagging him at all. He's one of our best players, one f the best players in the game in fact but he certainly does deserve some criticism for last night. Sam bleed Red and green and he'll be raring to make up for it next week.

I watched the replay again and I actually feel pretty positive about this one because we were oh so close with all those injuries we had. I think what really cost us last night was the finishing to the sets. Our game is obviously built on pressure and efforts and while our effort was absoulutely outstanding, we were unable to build pressure due to the poor finishing of our sets.

I will also say that I don't think Tom has got enough wraps for last nights performance, he was enormous. Came up with two poor defensive reads when Tedesco and Radley scored but other than that, he was so good with over 200 meters. In fact, all our forwards were over 100 meters apart from Cook. If we just could've built a bit more pressure, we would've got them I reckon.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We simply cannot take Hunt to the semi finals, he wouldn't tackle a baked dinner and is a massive liability to Souths.
I see your point mate so if AJ isn’t back week one of finals does Seibs goes with Burns at centre?

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
My two cents' worth: Yes, as many have noted, Sam was poor last night but that can happen to anyone. He has been one of Souths' best all year and will be back to hos best next week.
What worries me more than his handling, though, is his discipline. He has been sailing close to the wind all year and has already been suspended twice. If you were a betting man, you would take the odds to him being suspended again before the year is out the way he is going.
Last night there was a late-ish shot on Cronk where Sam was probably lucky Cronk got straight back up. There was only a split-second in it but if Cronk stays down and it's reviewed, it would have been a penalty and put on report.
With Sam's record, any charge at this stage means matches and Souths can't win the comp without him. I understand it's that aggression that makes him great but it is getting harder to watch every week knowing the fine line he's walking

doyen

Bench
Why are all you souffs fans living in the past?

Of the past let’s say 1 game against souffs because that suits my argument we have a 100% win record and souffs have a 0% win record.

Looks like Rusty can’t buy those Ron Coote cups aye

I prefer to remember 12th April,2018-----Sths 26 Roosters 14 !!