What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

StanTheMan

Juniors
I wonder what's going on with tago? Ivan has been acting strangely in the last two post game press conferences when asked about him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I wonder what's going on with tago? Ivan has been acting strangely in the last two post game press conferences when asked about him.

Probably because he knows Tago may be 'touch and go' for next week, and the Peach will probably get a suspension for his high hit.

The Realist

Juniors
We were clunky in attack for 68 minutes, so hanging Soni Luke for his 12 minute cameo seems a little odd to say the least.

We totally dominated in every department but to only score five tries with such total domination was perhaps not that great.

Can't argue with that. We had so much good field position with the Sharks constantly making errors (many forced by our line speed) we should have really put 50 on that rabble.

One thing that I noted was that Luai was taking some ordinary options and throwing some iffy passes. It's a real weak point in his game ATM and if he wants to play for NSW again - he'd have to correct that.

The Realist

Juniors
Thought the same. We had a lot of ball in that half and I thought we should be up by more.
In saying that the Sharks are putting in tonight.

Hmmm I couldn't help but notice you saying 'we' rather than the Panthers. Could it be that you have finally succumbed to the power of the dark side?

Kilkenny

Coach
Can't argue with that. We had so much good field position with the Sharks constantly making errors (many forced by our line speed) we should have really put 50 on that rabble.

One thing that I noted was that Luai was taking some ordinary options and throwing some iffy passes. It's a real weak point in his game ATM and if he wants to play for NSW again - he'd have to correct that.
Our defence was outstanding, the attack far from perfect.

Four of the five tries basically from kicks in one shape or form.

28-0 move on. Another win. It’s what we do.

Friday night against a resurgent Storm will be a better test.

Iamback

Coach

That is just our attack.

We are horrible when attacking the line, off the cuff stuff about 40 out is where we excel

hindy111

Post Whore
Defense great
Attack very poor I thought. Try's where a bit lucky. But hard to know how well Sharks defended. They certainly put in a big effort.

Luke offers not much in my eyes. He started the season well but now he seems to slow the flow up as he is trying to make a decision what to do.
Unsure if I keep him in the best 17.

Peachey is ok but has lost that zip that makes him dangerous.

I thought Turuva had one of the best games I've seen him play.
Big game next week. Win and I think minor premiership is ours

WestyLife

First Grade
Luke looks because he jumps out and runs a lot but in practice isn't helping the team rather he's slowing the attack.

Mick Ennis 274 game first grade games and premiership winning hooker said Luke negatively effects the attack. There's no agenda it's being noticed more and more by fans/analysts within and without the club.

MrBlack

Juniors
The last 2 weeks we have been cruising in second gear.

Ivan is holding back til the semis. He pretty much hinted as much after the game.

Top 2 is the only goal from here. Home finals will be a big advantage with the top 4 teams all in different cities (countries)

Girds89

Bench
Luke looks because he jumps out and runs a lot but in practice isn't helping the team rather he's slowing the attack.

Mick Ennis 274 game first grade games and premiership winning hooker said Luke negatively effects the attack. There's no agenda it's being noticed more and more by fans/analysts within and without the club.

The same ennis that was calling for critta to fb and Edwards out lol.

The blokes a flop.

The facts are sonny gets 10 or 15 mins every week of footy... he doesnt play cup.

The pressure he must feel to do something or produce something good to keep his spot is a real thing.

Im certainly not in the luke bowden camp and think hes the next api. Thats just nkt the case

Bit crap ive read about... like sommerton being better than him by some posters and this and that is just bs.

Sonny gets 15mins every week... hes guilty of overplaying his hand.

Its obvious he has the skills..blind freddy can see that.

Hes just forcing things cause he gets very limited mins.

Ivan needs to tell him just to calm down when he gets out there.

Stick to the plan.. if nath calls for it he gets it. Dont go rogue.

Theres a very talented player in soni. Always has been.

He is never going to be api. But he has the skills to be a good nrl hooker..

I think if we lock up a top 2 spot with a few rounds to go it wouldnt hurt to give him a few more mins.

At the moment hes just forcing things.

Hes the 2nd best hooker at the club and daylight third. Sommerton isnt a fg player.

I know hes 27 but hes still very junior in terms of nrl games played and atm hes just trying to hadd cause of the limited game time... he feels like he needs to do something when in reality he just needs to do the odd scoot and keep the forwards rolling forward.

Sonny is a work in progress and will be in the nrl team moving forward.

Ennis has no idea and will right a player off week to week.

The way he death rode dylan shows he has no idea.

Put it this way we wouldnt be the team we are if ivan had listened to ennis and dropped dylan all those years back.. we wouldnt of won premierships.

Soni will be fine.