What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Without the character assassination. You blokes didn't say that Luke needed TIME to gell with the team, (obvious improvement with Kenny in 23), and the wanting him dropped post haste.

So it's NOT what you said. Not at all.

This was done with a personal bias and narrative against the bloke.
He doesn't have TIME though. Time to move on from him. Can stay at the club but down the pecking order

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He doesn't have TIME though. Time to move on from him. Can stay at the club but down the pecking order

It will be interesting to see what Coach Cleary goes with. Luke Summerton has re signed for 1 year according to fox sports. So club is probably choosing to give Luke Time. Have Summerton to step in if needed.

Short term I believe Luke will stay put.

WestyLife

First Grade
Without the character assassination. You blokes didn't say that Luke needed TIME to gell with the team, (obvious improvement with Kenny in 23), and the wanting him dropped post haste.

So it's NOT what you said. Not at all.

This was done with a personal bias and narrative against the bloke.

Actually I used gaming as an analogy. If you go back you'll see I said it's like playing call of duty. Get on for an hour after work and you'll be pretty average. Play full time and you'll be great as happened to me recently as I got back into it. So stick your claims of agenda and character assassination in the bin.

Edit: to add to this its now very late in the season to give him the required time which makes things awkward.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why not? Hes 27 not 32.
27 is prime. He's a good story if he makes it but I expect others to blow straight past him next pre-season. Can't have a hooker sitting on the bench for 70min then come on and make the side worse in August. He's blown his shot this year imo

Kilkenny

Coach
27 is prime. He's a good story if he makes it but I expect others to blow straight past him next pre-season. Can't have a hooker sitting on the bench for 70min then come on and make the side worse in August. He's blown his shot this year imo
The brains trust obviously think differently otherwise they would not have resigned him.

Luke Summerton signed to a one year deal, so one has to assume we are going into 2024 with Kenny, Luke and Summerton as our dummy half options. Not sure either Mason or Riley are quite up to it.

soc123_au

Staff member
No point arguing with this mob. These are more or less the same ones that wanted to get rid of Dyl earlier in the piece. They just don't get that some players learn on the job. Apparently all their fantasy players are perfect from the get go, regardless of something called the salary cap.
A bit of Hyperbole there mate. I'm in the Soni is a wasted spot in the 17 camp, but I've been a staunch Edwards supporter, the only time I've doubted him is when he was constantly injured. I also recall Umina fan boying him hard when he came into 1st grade.

I really dont understand the school of thought that unless you blindly rate a player you are hating on them and death riding. Having an opinion that a player doesn't have what it takes is much different to hoping they fail.

WestyLife

First Grade
A bit of Hyperbole there mate. I'm in the Soni is a wasted spot in the 17 camp, but I've been a staunch Edwards supporter, the only time I've doubted him is when he was constantly injured. I also recall Umina fan boying him hard when he came into 1st grade.

I really dont understand the school of thought that unless you blindly rate a player you are hating on them and death riding. Having an opinion that a player doesn't have what it takes is much different to hoping they fail.

Yep. Back then I said Edwards struggled coming back from injuries and it got to the point he was dropped. Completely different player now and full credit to him but the opinions were valid and certainly weren't hoping he'd fail. That's a weird thing to think when we want the club to win. Why would we just decide to pick on specific players?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No point arguing with this mob. These are more or less the same ones that wanted to get rid of Dyl earlier in the piece. They just don't get that some players learn on the job. Apparently all their fantasy players are perfect from the get go, regardless of something called the salary cap.

Well said BxTom......Said it with far fewer words than my inate ramblings.

Kilkenny

Coach

I totally understand the point BX Tom is making.

The whole narrative on here around the ball playing fullbacks and Dylan’s lack of passing or ball playing skills was toxic for a time.

It was rather sad at the time, and you can put Mitch Kenny in the same category. Until recently, given the criticism has somewhat subsided he copped the Dylan treatment and was subjected the same sort of undeserved criticism, hate or death riding, call it what you want but it was very real on here.

age.s

First Grade
I don't think anyone expects people here to "blindly rate" a player. I dont think anyone hates a player either, certainly not for on field issues.

I think the issue is that disagreements on players get way too personal. So heated comments are made, the same points are driven home repeatedly and in general these aren't really accurate assessments of the situation, rather emotional responses to personal disagreements between forum members. But the net effect is the appearance of either blind support or hate for the player himself and not grounded in how they're actually doing on the field or their potential.

I think a lot of it could be improved by a bit less all or nothing, nuance free posting which stakes out a binary position, and much less digging at other forum members, even when you feel baited to do so or personally slighted. Just cut the circuit and move on and we'll have a much better level of discourse here.