What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Take aways -

Cleary - master class performance. Maybe not 10/10 but definitely 9/10.

Luai - I thought he would have good game and he did. Bobbed and weaved, stepped and danced his way through defence.

Defence - it wins games. Panthers produced their best defensive game much assisted by Sharks mistakes granted but great effort by the Penrith boys.

Luke - limited minutes but I have to admit he stifled the last 5 minutes. Needs to gel better with the halves. I have faith.

Eisenhuth - a couple mistakes but he dug his heels in and played good honest footy for every minute he was on the field. Great squad player and more than that great squad leader.

Peachy - held his own again. Seriously naysayers admit he is a good squad player and can fill in at center when needed. And yes! He even passed to Turuva and Turuva scored one!

Martin/Sorensen - great games by the edge forwards. Defensively staunch and attacked the line with hard running.

Great effort - good for the +/-. Anyways I have a 14 hour followed by an 8 hour flights to catch. I won’t see anymore games until the first week of finals. Enjoy the win Panthers fans and keep trucking into the finals!

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Copper Cronk just called his performance tonight as the most complete kicking clinic over 80 mins that he can ever remember seeing….. hahaha god you have no clue about this game
We had them completely pinned no matter what.

Your boy Soni sure did kill our attack when he came on for his jog around the park

snickers007

Juniors
Typical Panthers win. Feel like we played well within ourselves, and still won by 28.

Loved that we didn't try and get too fancy when Kennedy went off. We just stuck with the short kicks behind the line, and waited to clean up the scraps.

The plan is changing week to week, but the results stay the same. Can't wait to see how we break down the Storm next week.

kinghippo

Juniors
We are a fantastic team!
That’s the way to do it, we bashed them in the middle and starved them of opportunities.
Cleary hasn’t missed a beat from his injury, no ring rust and scarily I think he and the team will continue to improve.

Typical Panthers win. Feel like we played well within ourselves, and still won by 28.

Loved that we didn't try and get too fancy when Kennedy went off. We just stuck with the short kicks behind the line, and waited to clean up the scraps.

The plan is changing week to week, but the results stay the same. Can't wait to see how we break down the Storm next week.
I'm a tad nervous about that game

age.s

First Grade
Nath is such a monster. Absolute clinic with the boot tonight. How anyone could be remotely critical of the kicking tonight is beyond me.

The attack in general was way too sideways, resulting in too much jinking and weaving. We played very direct a few sets towards the end and we carved them up.

Thought Luke was fine. Service was crisp, handled the defensive impact and you can see he throws the markers off in a way Kenny just doesn't. Overplayed his hand in the last set but its hardly important. Hard to know what to expect from him given the role he's playing and the situations he comes on in, but he's coming on nicely for mine.

Never going to complain about a clean sheet. Its such a pleasure watching this team.

Latest posts