What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The same ennis that was calling for critta to fb and Edwards out lol.

The blokes a flop.

The facts are sonny gets 10 or 15 mins every week of footy... he doesnt play cup.

The pressure he must feel to do something or produce something good to keep his spot is a real thing.

Im certainly not in the luke bowden camp and think hes the next api. Thats just nkt the case

Bit crap ive read about... like sommerton being better than him by some posters and this and that is just bs.

Sonny gets 15mins every week... hes guilty of overplaying his hand.

Its obvious he has the skills..blind freddy can see that.

Hes just forcing things cause he gets very limited mins.

Ivan needs to tell him just to calm down when he gets out there.

Stick to the plan.. if nath calls for it he gets it. Dont go rogue.

Theres a very talented player in soni. Always has been.

He is never going to be api. But he has the skills to be a good nrl hooker..

I think if we lock up a top 2 spot with a few rounds to go it wouldnt hurt to give him a few more mins.

At the moment hes just forcing things.

Hes the 2nd best hooker at the club and daylight third. Sommerton isnt a fg player.

I know hes 27 but hes still very junior in terms of nrl games played and atm hes just trying to hadd cause of the limited game time... he feels like he needs to do something when in reality he just needs to do the odd scoot and keep the forwards rolling forward.

Sonny is a work in progress and will be in the nrl team moving forward.

Ennis has no idea and will right a player off week to week.

The way he death rode dylan shows he has no idea.

Put it this way we wouldnt be the team we are if ivan had listened to ennis and dropped dylan all those years back.. we wouldnt of won premierships.

Soni will be fine.
If Kenny gets HIAd in the first 10mins of a final we are gonski

Iamback

Coach

The blokes a flop.

The facts are sonny gets 10 or 15 mins every week of footy... he doesnt play cup.

The pressure he must feel to do something or produce something good to keep his spot is a real thing.

Im certainly not in the luke bowden camp and think hes the next api. Thats just nkt the case

Bit crap ive read about... like sommerton being better than him by some posters and this and that is just bs.

I think if we lock up a top 2 spot with a few rounds to go it wouldnt hurt to give him a few more mins.

Hes the 2nd best hooker at the club and daylight third. Sommerton isnt a fg player.

I know hes 27 but hes still very junior in terms of nrl games played and atm hes just trying to hadd cause of the limited game time... he feels like he needs to do something when in reality he just needs to do the odd scoot and keep the forwards rolling forward.

Put it this way we wouldnt be the team we are if ivan had listened to ennis and dropped dylan all those years back.. we wouldnt of won premierships.

Soni will be fine.

Sommerton has had no pre season remember. The comparison is when he has a fulltime pre season.

For me the main thing a hooker needs is line engagements, The more defenders they attract the more space the halves and backs get.

That stats is available.

Api is number 1 in the hookers with 87. That is with missing a few games

Kenny is 12
Luke is 19
Sommerton is 65

Meanwhile his is ave 29 tackles a game ( he doesn't always get a heap of gametime, Particularly with Soni plays)

At a 90% tackle rate.

In 2 years he'd be 23 and likely on the way up. That is why people have him as the clubs number 2 hooker

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade

The blokes a flop.

Soni will be fine.

This isn't general analysis. Ennis knows more about being a 9 then everyone here combined. It's his specially. Appeal to authority fallacy and all that but it's applicable here to point out it's not just randoms on here.

kinghippo

Juniors
Kenny and Soni are perfect opposites.
kenny throws wide and dosnt run.
Soni loves short passes and runs just about every play the ball.
I think the team struggles when he comes in because he switches the a lot of attacking play straight up the middle.
By the time he is on players are fatigued and already set it their running patterns.
Soni needs support players on both sides pushing hard to take advantage of any deception he can create, but our team is just not set up for it, especially late in the game.

Kenny and Soni are perfect opposites.
kenny throws wide and dosnt run.
Soni loves short passes and runs just about every play the ball.
I think the team struggles when he comes in because he switches the a lot of attacking play straight up the middle.
By the time he is on players are fatigued and already set it their running patterns.
Soni needs support players on both sides pushing hard to take advantage of any deception he can create, but our team is just not set up for it, especially late in the game.
It’s not just fatigue; usually the game is won and it is slowing down to a natural end.

MrBlack

Juniors
Given Soni Luke’s limited minutes it is basically pointless having him on the bench. If and when Tago returns may as well have Peachy as 14 he can play dummy half if required.
100% agree.

Luke and Kenny were thrown a challenge at the start of the year. Kenny has stepped up and unfortunately Luke has not.

Kenny was the proverbial whipping boy a year ago. Now he would be one of the better 9s in the game. Not elite but good enough

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I wonder what's going on with tago? Ivan has been acting strangely in the last two post game press conferences when asked about him.

I thought the same thing the first week he was rulled out. Ivan said in the presser he didnt play because he just wasnt good enough. Almost alluding to the fact he'd done something wrong, but didnt want to let it out the bag. Kept just he just wasnt good enough to play this week..

Could be nothing, but i straight away thought his wording was somewhat off

Munky

Coach
100% agree.

Luke and Kenny were thrown a challenge at the start of the year. Kenny has stepped up and unfortunately Luke has not.

Kenny was the proverbial whipping boy a year ago. Now he would be one of the better 9s in the game. Not elite but good enough

The early game this season against the Knights had one of the worst hooking displays ever seen across both teams.

Both Kenny and Crossland looked completely out of their depth.

Fair play to them both, since then they've really improved to become average at the position. Which is enough to not blunt momentum.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I watched on u tube last night 'Bloke in a bar' (approx 2 hours 59 in) Kemp talks about the improvement in Kenny which we have all noted. He also speaks about Luke too.

Like some have said on here that things are disrupted when Kenny moves to lock and Luke comes on.
Kemp goes on to say that he believes it's a time issue with Kemp. This is his first year in NRL, and believes another off season will help him.

Perhaps the most sense I've heard spoken about Luke in a long while.

WestyLife

First Grade
I watched on u tube last night 'Bloke in a bar' (approx 2 hours 59 in) Kemp talks about the improvement in Kenny which we have all noted. He also speaks about Luke too.

Like some have said on here that things are disrupted when Kenny moves to lock and Luke comes on.
Kemp goes on to say that he believes it's a time issue with Kemp. This is his first year in NRL, and believes another off season will help him.

Perhaps the most sense I've heard spoken about Luke in a long while.

THAT'S WHAT WE SAID!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
THAT'S WHAT WE SAID!

Without the character assassination. You blokes didn't say that Luke needed TIME to gell with the team, (obvious improvement with Kenny in 23), and the wanting him dropped post haste.

So it's NOT what you said. Not at all.

This was done with a personal bias and narrative against the bloke.