What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs Dragons

Michael Matral

Juniors
Just wondering when they will update the team list to show Api out, Kenny in and someone being added from the reserve list..

franklin2323

Immortal
Winning with 5 or 6 or 7 out becomes less impressive if the other team is missing similar or higher amounts of players and were worse to begin with.

Especially when we're only scraping the wins in. Dragons pack this week has 3 Panthers rejects in it. Two of them starting.

Where does it matter how you win? All that matters is the 2 points. Giving guys gametime now with no 2nd tier footy is good should we need them in finals

franklin2323

Immortal
The upside of our current injuries, suspensions, family issues etc is that it will freshen up our roster in the lead up to the playoffs.

Not to mention give the fringe guys invaluable game time.

2 guys suspended and 2 guys out for personal reasons. Atleast can train fully which is good

The Realist

Juniors
Am I the only one not worried about Api not playing? The only concern I have with him is that he has a lack of match fitness since the start of the origin period. Including this round he'd have had 2 or 3 and a bit matches leading into the Souths game.

maple_69

Bench
The downside of having all these guys out is that we're out of form. Understandable and not overly concerning given the outs but at some point we'll need to blow the rust off and plonking all your stars in the squad won't necessarily just switch the machine back on. We need a few games with Cleary/Api/Yeo/Luai together and the backline in place to settle combinations down before the finals.

I'm not concerned tackling the Dragons in our 60% state but after that the music has to stop and we need to start the build towards peak form for October.

franklin2323

Immortal
Am I the only one not worried about Api not playing? The only concern I have with him is that he has a lack of match fitness since the start of the origin period. Including this round he'd have had 2 or 3 and a bit matches leading into the Souths game.

I am not either. As long as he is there for finals. Match fitness is a slight concern but he has been suspended not injured. So atleast is doing full training. Kenny on the bench to give him a stint off the field for a bit if needed until then

franklin2323

Immortal
The downside of having all these guys out is that we're out of form. Understandable and not overly concerning given the outs but at some point we'll need to blow the rust off and plonking all your stars in the squad won't necessarily just switch the machine back on. We need a few games with Cleary/Api/Yeo/Luai together and the backline in place to settle combinations down before the finals.

I'm not concerned tackling the Dragons in our 60% state but after that the music has to stop and we need to start the build towards peak form for October.

look at who is out.

Api and Capewell are suspended. Are atleast training with the side
Fish and TPJ personal. Forwards are easier to put in the side and don't play full games.
May - Bench guy when fit so again shouldn't affect the structure.
Cleary and Toó are the only ones that will affect the side structure

mxlegend99

Referee
Where does it matter how you win? All that matters is the 2 points. Giving guys gametime now with no 2nd tier footy is good should we need them in finals
It matters when you @franklin2323 brag about our depth and us being so much better than other teams. That's the shit that makes people think we're smug.

I'm just looking at it from a realistic perspective and trying to see it how neutrals would. I can never have a neutral opinion. But i can try to be as unbiased as possible when looking at our form.

This worries me too. We can't just put our best 17 back on the park in week 1 of finals and continue like we were before Origin 1. We started the year off rusty and built toward that. How long would it take to get back to that form? It won't happen instantly.

Sime_11

Juniors
was Tupinoua suspended or cited? looking at the footage, he didn't do much different to Api after Api pushed JWH....

murraymob

Coach
Side could be interesting this week.i hope TPJ plays he needs a few games before the semi finals to gel with a few of the boys
Cleary I doubt plays .He does need to play before the semi finals confidence has to be there if not he will be a passenger semi time

Girds89

Bench
I personally think we just wait with cleary till last game of the regular season.

History shows that his kind of injury has an extremley high liklihood of reoccurence so all attempts to minimise risk should be taken.

Less time on the field means less chance of reinjury.

Given 2 or 3 is basically wrapped up, i domt see the point putting him at further risk..

We know nath is the utmost professional. He prepares like no other and takes his rehab very serious. I read some of his strength lifts have gone up whilst in rehab!!! And he will be able to maintain his fitness so thats not an issue..

All things like kicking and passing he will be able to practice at a game standard in training..

So id say just give him 50 or 60 mins in last game of season to blow out the cobwebs. Him and luai know each others games perfectly so will be no issue him slipping back in.

Than come finals if we happen to be up by a significant margin with 20 or so to go id be looking at getting him off.

Need to manage his injury and reduce risk as much as possible. Cause if we can get to the big one we need him there.

Just my opinion. I dont think there will be issues with him slipping back into the team. Other than tpj all the guys know how nath plays.