What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

TruSaint

Referee
Why isn’t Sloan at fullback? Injured? If not he has to be selected this game for me.
Why is Norman at 6 if Sullivan is available?
Why is Ellis in the 17 when he has signed with ESL for next year?
WTF is the thinking behind these selections?
I just don’t understand.

Ellis is leaving and is in the squad.
Meanwhile, Dufty is leaving, and again isnt selected.

I like Bird, but he is no fullback. he was like a pinball machine faltering, getting battered last week.

Norman has been told to leave and is rewarded with selection.
No wonder this place has become disillusioned.

Illusion

Bench
Does he honestly think we have a shot at the finals

Bird should be in the centres he is too slow for fullback

Beale should only be called in for injuries

Ellis should be last cab off the rank

We should atleast be playing Sloane at fullback
Its all starting to look a bit like you know whos selections ...... His favorite's ....... Sullivan , Sloan if not injured should be playing ...... Our 1 and 6 next year ??

Crush

Coach
Ellis is leaving and is in the squad.
Meanwhile, Dufty is leaving, and again isnt selected.

I like Bird, but he is no fullback. he was like a pinball machine faltering, getting battered last week.

Norman has been told to leave and is rewarded with selection.
No wonder this place has become disillusioned.
I can handle losing, I really can, but let’s at least be smart with selections.
Why is Beale playing when we could have selected Sloan/Dufty at fullback and Bird at centre? Wouldn’t that one move make us a more potent team?
Where are our points coming from?
And Norman, F**K ME! He’s like the delta variant, no getting rid of him. We just have to wait it out. Only 3 more automatic selections to go….

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bird at fullback is to counter the huge kicks from Burton, unfortunately, young Sloan isn't seasoned enough yet to handle that as yet. So, I can understand the thinking there, however, thinking is theory, practice is another.
Burns will have a big job handling Kikau, and the most interesting match ups will be Fui v Martin and JDB v Yeo.

Beale at centre v Crichton is a huge mismatch imo, Beale being 181cm and Chrichton 193cm. Bombs away!!!!

redv13

Bench
Can someone please clarify what is happening with Sloan?? Is he injured?? Is he in the shit with Griffin?? Not being named in the 21 again. Wtf is going on?? Love Bird and his ticker but geez I’m struggling to contain my frustration here at the moment.

st.phil

Bench
Bird at fullback is to counter the huge kicks from Burton, unfortunately, young Sloan isn't seasoned enough yet to handle that as yet. So, I can understand the thinking there, however, thinking is theory, practice is another.
Burns will have a big job handling Kikau, and the most interesting match ups will be Fui v Martin and JDB v Yeo.

Beale at centre v Crichton is a huge mismatch imo, Beale being 181cm and Chrichton 193cm. Bombs away!!!!
by counter I presume you mean fumble and get smashed?

Crush

Coach

Where do our points come from DS?
How many points will we require to beat Panthers?

redv13

Bench

Mate Bird at fb will have nightmares with Burton’s kicks. Might as well put Dufty there….

Dragon David

First Grade
Why isn’t Sloan at fullback? Injured? If not he has to be selected this game for me.
Why is Norman at 6 if Sullivan is available?
Why is Ellis in the 17 when he has signed with ESL for next year?
WTF is the thinking behind these selections?
I just don’t understand.
No one understands. I don't know Hooks thinking with his selections. It's the Bad and the Ugly but where is the good?

Dragon David

First Grade
I can't see us scoring and Burton will be running rings around all of our players in fact going around each player twice and then scoring under the posts. The Panthers have scorers right across the park and will be having a field day. Each of their players will score. It will be the easiest game for them this season and this is without Cleary.

Who in our team can score with the 17 selected?

I'm thinking that because of lockdown, a good Netflix movie is on the cards this Friday night. Watching the game will be sorrowful.

Seriously though, it won't be a game for the faint-hearted.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I agree with you Crush, I too worry where our points will come from. We don't have an attacking weapon other than Rava, and teams have worked him out with his 'fumbling play the balls'.
The only theory I can come up with is to try and match them in the forwards (I said try to) as their bench is a bit skinny imo (ours not much better).

mickeylane

Bench
I thought this would be one game Hook would want to win.......not by these selections ...
I think Dufty should be at FB,
Bird in centres...
Amone at 5/8
Norman to 14