What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

Dragonslayer

First Grade
by counter I presume you mean fumble and get smashed?

sorry should clarify that, what I mean is he is a bigger body, the one's he catches (yes I get your point) will need someone who can take the impact as Burton's bombs are massive kicks allowing his players to almost meet at the same time as the ball. Sloan's body wouldn't take that much continuous impact (imo). And, Dufty, well he just wouldn't compete for it and let it bounce, every time.

redv13

Bench
sorry should clarify that, what I mean is he is a bigger body, the one's he catches (yes I get your point) will need someone who can take the impact as Burton's bombs are massive kicks allowing his players to almost meet at the same time as the ball. Sloan's body wouldn't take that much continuous impact (imo). And, Dufty, well he just wouldn't compete for it and let it bounce, every time.
I’d love someone to clarify what the go is with Sloan. 2 weeks in a row not in the 21. I can honestly say that this is the 1st time I’ve been pissed off with team list Tuesday. So annoyed! If he’s injured say so, if it’s something else then clarify. f**king over this rubbish.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I can handle losing, I really can, but let’s at least be smart with selections.
Why is Beale playing when we could have selected Sloan/Dufty at fullback and Bird at centre? Wouldn’t that one move make us a more potent team?
Where are our points coming from?
And Norman, F**K ME! He’s like the delta variant, no getting rid of him. We just have to wait it out. Only 3 more automatic selections to go….
Crush, I am thoroughly sick of "handling losing". I've been handling losing (along with you good folk) for a decade now. I am almost just expecting and accepting of it now. I've become a "resigned loser". OMG.

All of your points are spot on mate.

The_Frog

First Grade
Now because the Panthers are winning it is likely that your forum is all rosy.

But my question is, was your forum like ours was and is now back in your darker days in the last decade when Cleary was first coaching and when Hook first arrived?
It's like that now. We might be winning but not winning enough for the forum to be rosy. It was pretty good this time last season.

Illusion

Bench
Crush, I am thoroughly sick of "handling losing". I've been handling losing (along with you good folk) for a decade now. I am almost just expecting and accepting of it now. I've become a "resigned loser". OMG.

All of your points are spot on mate.
Agree mate , my biggest gripe is the continued excuses , why we lost , Refs fault , bad calls , players missing the BBQ etc. No more excuses , bottom line is they are not good enough , from players (coaching staff , prepared to give them next year) and the Board sack the lot of them for the mess they have created ........

Dragon David

First Grade
Gould has opened up about the worth of Matt Burton -

Trent Barrett had the inside running of Burton's huge potential and probably couldn't wait to sign him up when he came to coach the Bulldogs this year.

Can our man Hook see any potential with anyone......anyone?

thebigredv

First Grade
Another coach who can't pick a decent team. The odd bit of inventiveness is great to see but persisting with some of these duds with no future at the club is putting up a white flag and giving us no clarity or idea about our future team.

Over it. Broken record.

I miss the days where we could look at our team and be pleased with each match up.

Bird at fullback didn't come close to working but let's persist with it...

thebigredv

First Grade
These threads are so depressing now. Nothing to enthuse a Dragons supporter. A coach who is favouring on-the-way-out-bbq-fiends over future prospects.

I want to get behind the team and rally up belief that we could somehow cause a boil over but there's absolutely nothing there to suggest that.

Starting to see why we fade out of games. There's zero nous shown from the guy in charge.

Como Connection

First Grade

Dragonslayer

First Grade
so Koroisau is out for the pennies, Kenny will come into hooker and I'm guessing TPj will get his first start for them.

RedVDave

First Grade
IF we win another game this year strange as it may sound this would be the one.

No way Griffin has forgotten his shabby treatment from the Panthers.