What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

TheFrog

Coach
This will be one hell of a win for us if we can pull it off, given the more than subtle tactics that are employed by the powers that be, to ensure a Broncos victory :rage::rage:
We've eased a tad in the betting following the ref appointment.$2.10 out to $2.15. The teams are as expected, it can only be the ref.

age.s

First Grade
We've eased a tad in the betting following the ref appointment.$2.10 out to $2.15. The teams are as expected, it can only be the ref.

The markets don't care about coming off as conspiratorial or biased. They see a statistic and they react to it.

That said, I've tipped us and I think we're going to win. f**k the Groncos. We're going to end their season and it'll be glorious. Leinu for a double.

OldPanther

Coach
Klein is a smug little wanker and Jimmy is a merkin of a bloke which might be the biggest issue

They definitely clash. I admit it was kind of fun watching them last time. Like children arguing.

If we do lose due to the refs I'll be as angry as anyone. Just want us to get to the end of the game first.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ashley Klein is a grub and I despise him.

Only former Cambridge Park boy Jason Robinson screwed us over to the same degree.

So much emphasis is placed on stats and when it comes Klein the proof is there he has an issue with us which cannot be mere coincidence.

Panfa

Juniors
Klein was video ref against cronulla on friday night wonder if the cleary halftime fiasco might have opened his eyes as to how bad he is against us.Brisbane have been very poor this yr if both teams are at there best we win our forwards can match theres our outside backs can match theres its the halves where we our much more superior and where we will win this game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe. I'm just tired of blaming refs before the game even starts. It's become an easy out in this sport for fans and media alike.

Forgive me if I’m not so compassionate towards Ashley Klein after spending hard earned money on flights, accommodation and other costs travelling to Melbourne a few seasons back only for him to be the Storms MOM.

I recognise the difficult job they have but I will never be persuaded Ashley Klein is impartial in officiating games involving the Panthers for whatever reason and I have forwarded emails to league HQ expressing my displeasure needless to say none of which were replied too.

OldPanther

Coach
Forgive me if I’m not so compassionate towards Ashley Klein after spending hard earned money on flights, accommodation and other costs travelling to Melbourne a few seasons back only for him to be the Storms MOM.

I recognise the difficult job they have but I will never be persuaded Ashley Klein is impartial in officiating games involving the Panthers for whatever reason and I have forwarded emails to league HQ expressing my displeasure needless to say none of which were replied too.

They'll never acknowledge your emails. I got a polite version of get stuffed when I did it.

I don't care if you like him or not. I honestly don't and think the record is suspicious but I don't have proof. What does irritate me is the fact that's it's what is dominating the game thread.

It'd be nice to enjoy it since we only have a few weeks left.

unKwn

Juniors
They'll never acknowledge your emails. I got a polite version of get stuffed when I did it.

I don't care if you like him or not. I honestly don't and think the record is suspicious but I don't have proof. What does irritate me is the fact that's it's what is dominating the game thread.

It'd be nice to enjoy it since we only have a few weeks left.
still can’t believe it’s round 22... times flies like crazy. hopefully the offseason goes fast as it went super slow last time.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
That’s because of the cancer that is people like Ricky Stuart that perpetuate the myth that their team has been ripped off when they haven’t been and sometimes actually got more decisions go their way(Storm 47 Texas press conference).

Refereeing criticism should always be looked at in isolation and not mocked broadly. And right now we’re on a four game streak of sin bin wrongly given or not given/try wrongly given/play wrongly continued leading to try.

Other teams can complain but if their arguments are not picked apart when they’re wrong, the times when criticism is justified is made null and void and the same bullshit cycle of every club from Storm to Penrith being somehow equated in decisions received is followed by every fan base complaining. Because justification no longer determines if an argument should be made. Just whether or not you feel like it.

The Klein stuff probably comes from two things. Our record with him, but also the fact his father played for us and got punted. I don’t buy it, but it is interesting our record could be so poor with him in charge. It’s likely to do with how he interprets the rules & our poor discipline. That’s not to say he hasn’t made bad calls against us.

Although I think it’s a little surprising they’d put him in charge of a panthers game so soon after the tunnel incident.

Statistically speaking a 24% record is odd. That’s not just random chance, there’s something going on there. But it doesn’t mean he’s doing it on purpose.