What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Cowboys @ Pepper Stadium

OldPanther

Coach
Griffin said in the press conference he was guaranteed. While the Cowboys are down a bit it'll be the biggest test of the last few weeks.

If Moylan is right to go I think May should come on to the bench for Katoa.
Unless Wal goes down Katoa doesn't really add much for 10 - 15 minutes. With May he can cover Moylan if needed and he can play lock or out in the centres for Peachey. Peach can shift later in the match to the backrow like he did last year when Hardaker came on.
I just feel May has played well and doesn't deserve to lose his spot in the 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless Wal goes down Katoa doesn't really add much for 10 - 15 minutes. With May he can cover Moylan if needed and he can play lock or out in the centres for Peachey. Peach can shift later in the match to the backrow like he did last year when Hardaker came on.

May can play FB too if needed. So perfect benchie really

OldPanther

Coach

Sounds like a good fit.

martielang

Bench
Katoa hasn't done anything to lose his spot, so i doubt Griffin would drop him (rightly or wrongly). I assume team consistency is probably a major reason why Aka or Kikau aren't getting much of a look in at the moment either.

franklin2323

Immortal
Katoa hasn't done anything to lose his spot, so i doubt Griffin would drop him (rightly or wrongly). I assume team consistency is probably a major reason why Aka or Kikau aren't getting much of a look in at the moment either.

A like for like change though he usually does. Someone like Aka or Kikau means RCG plays less minutes. He likes the bench injury cover

mxlegend99

Referee
He hasnt done anything to keep it either. May has.

You have a thing for average players, don't you?

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his 21-man squad to face North Queensland Cowboys at Pepper Stadium on Saturday. Trent Merrin (knee) is still unavailable for selection.

The Panthers will wear the 2017 Home Jersey.

GET ALL YOUR GAMEDAY INFO HERE

Panthers v Cowboys
7.30pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Moses LEOTA

14. Sione KATOA
15. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
16. Tim BROWNE
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
18. Matt MOYLAN
19. Dean WHARE
20. Viliame KIKAU
21. Sitaleki AKAUOLA

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan has named his side to face Newtown Jets at Henson Park on Saturday.

ISP Panthers v Newtown Jets
3pm Saturday @ Henson Park

1. Jarome LUAI
2. Maika SIVO
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Dean WHARE
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Liam COLEMAN
7. Darren NICHOLLS (c)
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Mitch REIN
10. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
11. Viliame KIKAU
12. Corey WADDELL
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Tom EISENHUTH
15. Lachlan STEIN
16. Nick LUI-TOSO
17. Oliver CLARK

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa has named his side to face North Queensland Cowboys at Pepper Stadium on Saturday. The NYC Panthers will wear the 2017 Home Jersey.

GET ALL YOUR GAMEDAY INFO HERE

NYC Panthers v NYC Cowboys
5.10pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Jamon WORMLEATON
3. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
4. Richie MUNCHOW
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Meni LUKE
7. Dean BLORE
8. Stefano HALA
9. Wayde EGAN (c)
10. Tevita MAPAPALANGI
11. Reed IZZARD (c)
12. Jesse ABBOTT
13. J'maine HOPGOOD

14. Mitch REVELL
15. John KAUFUSI
16. Ray MAROUN
17. Ben CARTWRIGHT
18. James CONROY
19. Joe OLIVER
20. Siailaoa FAAFUA
21. Toby WESTCOTT
22. Brad GAUT
23. Daine LAURIE

martielang

Bench
A like for like change though he usually does. Someone like Aka or Kikau means RCG plays less minutes. He likes the bench injury cover

I agree but at the same time it might be a case of it ain't broke don't fix it. As good as May is, when was the last time he played hooker?