What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

Fangs

Coach
We can win this. Souths aren't the Storm.

They have good attack but they can't control the ball. Probably have one of the worst completion rates in the competition which means you are always a chance if you can keep field position.

Not unhappy with a loss but it'll be closer than last week I think.

betcats

Referee
I think we could win this. Last week was bad we obviously didnt play well, gave up a couple long range tries which we would normally shut down and our attack just wasnt clicking but we still ran for a lot more metres than the storm and had the best of field position, 9 times out of 10 doing that we score 3 or 4 tries, if we do that against the bunnies even with the guys out we will score a couple at least.

WestyLife

First Grade
We can win this. Souths aren't the Storm.

They have good attack but they can't control the ball. Probably have one of the worst completion rates in the competition which means you are always a chance if you can keep field position.

Not unhappy with a loss but it'll be closer than last week I think.

I think we could win this. Last week was bad we obviously didnt play well, gave up a couple long range tries which we would normally shut down and our attack just wasnt clicking but we still ran for a lot more metres than the storm and had the best of field position, 9 times out of 10 doing that we score 3 or 4 tries, if we do that against the bunnies even with the guys out we will score a couple at least.

Exactly. The Storm had to put in a monumental defensive effort to win that game.Screenshot_20220816-122405_Chrome.jpg

The yak

Juniors
I don't see us winning, to be honest.

Neither do I. The halves were poor last week and wasted chances.
I also believe some players are coasting atm.
Souths will win and carry on how well they played and how they are building momentum bullshit.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Neither do I. The halves were poor last week and wasted chances.
I also believe some players are coasting atm.
Souths will win and carry on how well they played and how they are building momentum bullshit.

I know Souths has a crap defense, but I don't see our attack really troubling them. And there are enough individual poor performances in defense (Martin, for example) to give Souths enough points to get by us, I think. Very happy to be wrong, of course, but ultimately, this game doesn't really matter for us anyway. Get through it with no injuries and a respectable scoreline and look ahead to the finals.

GongPanther

Referee
Yep, Souths will burn us out wide with Johnston scoring at least a hat-trick. If there is any hope, it will come from the same way when Parra won, and we handled that 2nd half, only to surprise everyone by beating Canberra away the very next week.

Will it happen again? Maybe not against Souths, but you have to think that the Panthers is a very good squad. And no, I'm not giving any more scores until the GF. 🤣