What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

maple_69

Bench
I still think the biggest factor in how we move on from Api is Cleary and not Luke or anyone else who plays dummy half. Dude is not the finished article and after a flat season, I think there’s every chance he buries himself to take another step and offsets the inferior dummy half work.

Iamback

Coach
I still think the biggest factor in how we move on from Api is Cleary and not Luke or anyone else who plays dummy half. Dude is not the finished article and after a flat season, I think there’s every chance he buries himself to take another step and offsets the inferior dummy half work.

I think at full strength we don't notice, games like the last month when have Api to step up. Is probably when the side feels it

maple_69

Bench
Yeah very true. We certainly should lose a few more of the Souths type games next year but it’s the big games that is the question mark.

Kilkenny

Coach
At the end of the day, the club made decisions around the retention of Api and Viliame, no different to previous seasons around Burton and other players. There have been many, who we either let go early or weren’t able to retain.

We won’t know the impact of not having Api @nd Viliame until we get into 2023 season proper. Till will tell.

NSW Cup is a vastly inferior competition but Soni Luke has been a standout out, played big minutes, making big tackles, done everything asked of him and given the circumstances I’m comfortable he can do a decent job for us In 2023.

If it doesn’t work out for us then I suggest it is thru no fault of Soni Luke perhaps the decision makers should have been more flexible around the retention of Api.