What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Souths

Alintheeast

Juniors
South’s supporters always complain I remember amatch at the football stadium Penrith vs Souths in 2004 went after halftime they were beating us badly(30-6) sat between two Souths supporters who spent the entire time complaining about the referee and how Penrith were never on side.

The Teach

Juniors
South’s supporters always complain I remember amatch at the football stadium Penrith vs Souths in 2004 went after halftime they were beating us badly(30-6) sat between two Souths supporters who spent the entire time complaining about the referee and how Penrith were never on side.
I've got a mate who supports them, messaging me still today crying about the ref! I've told him countless times that if his players didn't put themselves in position to be penalised, there wouldn't be any issues. They need to look at their own players, not the ref.

That was the first game in 4 weeks where the Ref. did not "Manage" the opposition back into the game. Refer Roosters game, as soon as Panthers burnt their Captains Challenge, the ref. did his best.

GongPanther

Referee
I've got a mate who supports them, messaging me still today crying about the ref! I've told him countless times that if his players didn't put themselves in position to be penalised, there wouldn't be any issues. They need to look at their own players, not the ref.
They are moaning more today because the reffing was, as usual, brought up on NRL 360 last night. Remember, Fox all last week in leading up to this match were promoting the shit out of Souths by showing that Bennett promo thinking that showing it ad nausium, it would have gotten to the Penrith players.

It obviously wound up the Souffs supporters to a point that they thought they simply had to turn up and win it, but instead of not being good enough to go on with it, their team severely shat the bed and rolled in it by having 25 unanswered points scored against them.

Souffs supporters need to come to terms that they really haven't been a premiership threat since 2014. They waited a long, long time for that day, and now they fear another long, long drought lies ahead.

Kilkenny

Coach
No team enjoys getting thumped in the penalty count 11-2 but most if not all were fairly clear cut, albeit the opposition would argue there may have been infringements on our part which were not punished. The stats around this game were very even across the board other than the penalty count and score line. I think the positive from our perspective was we achieved the win without two key players in JFH and Brian To’o and TPJ was in need of a hit out not having played for 6-8 weeks.

Munky

Coach
Ha ha! I stand corrected.

What about Johnston? Is he good under the high ball?

Johnston is all round a very good winger.

With B Morris retired he's probably the most complete traditional winger in the game.

To'o is better overall but I feel AJ is above average in all aspects of wing play.