What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Warriors at Mt Smart Sunday Afternoon

We play a top 8 side in the second toughest road trip, get belted in the penalties, are still in the game until the last few minutes only to be knocked over by an unlucky bounce.

If anything, that shows we might be unlucky not to be a top 8 side.

Near 80% completion rate as well.

Some teams would give a testicle for that stat.

You are gard to plaease mate :cool:

Thanks Pika, no doubt the effort was there but the execution wasnt, shame we didnt have Mullo or we would have went close.....

sh*t off season, missing Gidley for the first what was it 4-6 weeks.......

De Gois and Fa'asso and Taia comming back from bad injuries and not being up to speed til the last few weeks.

One of those years, bring on 2011......

Love you boys and make us proud the rest of the year.

Dureau was the least of our problems today.

We were offside the entire game. We kept throwing dumb dumb dumb passes on second, third and fourth tackles. It was disappointing to watch.

And it obviously just wasn't our day. A pass that is let go 99.999% of the time, one that even let the Warriors score their first try and will happen plenty of more times again in this round, was pulled up.

Murphy's law.

He was a C minus today, one of his better games though.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah, but it's not like he cost us the game or anything today. :lol:

Doogs did have a terrible game, made a lot of dumb errors. Way below his usual standard.

RHCP

Bench
We were horribly ill-disciplined today. Although their were one or two rough calls as their is for every team every week, it's atrocious how many times we got caught offside.

I'm shocked they didn't send more traffic towards Dureau, he didn't need to make many tackles today.

Another thing I took out of today's game was if we ever want to be in the top 8, De Gois must play 80 minutes. When he went off our attack lost all of it's spark. He can play the full 80 and we're a much more potent attacking weapon when he does.

Noname36

First Grade
Doogs and Gidley were terrible I thought. Was just one of those days. They're usually our most reliable. And Geesh how big is Manu???? He made Uate look like Presto.

RE De Gois, he goes off we loose our Mojo its that simple, its one for him not to be in that week its another thing to take him off and break the teams and his rythym.

Alex28

Coach
RIP the dominant knights of Old, welcome the cellar dwellar knights of new.

I feel sorry for the likes of Edwards, Mika, Cordner, Wilson, Mason, Redman, Finn, Tetavano, Cook and Roberts who in the next 5 years will be great FG'ers getting replaced by a heap of nuffies.
Farewell the fan of the old, welcome the fan of the new.

I feel sorry for the old fans who support the club through thick and thin, being replaced by the likes of this guy.

agree with the poor discipline letting us down.
Gidley was covered out of the game.
Dureau played ok as a kicking half but that wasn't what we needed - we needed another playmaker/running half that would take pressure off Gidley and make his own plays.
We needed Mullen but I don't think he would have made that much difference today.
The Knights didn't have their heads around it today.
To be in the top 8 you need disciplined and consistent performance - they won't get there.

I also didn't think the display by the Warriors was one of a top 8 team. Time will tell for them.

88.Knights

Juniors
absolutely sick and tired of the reffing costing us matches, those two today were pathetic. i can handle losing when the other team played better and deserved to win on an even playing field. i'm not saying we should of won today, but when the oppositions got the refs up their ass its just pathetic. the knights didn't play great today and hav'nt in a lot of games this year but if the reffing wasn't so crap we woulda won some of those games, like other teams who get to play crap and still win.

apart from that hope cooper pulls up alright he is playing some good footy atm and with no k naiqama or mcmanus available we can't exactly afford to lose him.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Maybe we weren't offside. Maybe we were back 10m, but the refs were back 11 or 12? ;-)

Rolla

Juniors
Farewell the fan of the old, welcome the fan of the new.

I feel sorry for the old fans who support the club through thick and thin, being replaced by the likes of this guy.

Spot on mate. Dunno about old and new but some of the comments flying around here are ridiculous. We lose to a top 5 side in NZ, play them in NZ, we are in the game til the last minute without our dominant playmaker....
We were paying over $3 to win that match for christ sake, then people are shocked when we lose.

Serc

First Grade
Stats time:

We made more tackles and missed less than the Warriors (331 and 30 vs 294 and 33)

Penalty count 11-6 to Warriors (Kurt penalised 4 times)

Both teams had 76% completions, and had an equal amount of possession.

Going on the team stats overall, the game was very even and the penalty count was the only major difference! And boy how costly can those penalty counts be in the modern game...

Uate 165m (13 runs, 1 line break)
Vuna 118m (10 runs, 1 line break)
Cross 110m (11 runs)

Hilder 91m (12 runs)
Taia 87m (13 runs)

Tackle breaks
Gidley 7
MacDougall 6
Uate 6

Hitups
Taia 11 for 80m (80 mins)
Cross 9 for 77m (40 mins)
Kaufusi 8 for 62m (43 mins)
Taufua 6 for 45m (34 mins)
Fa'aoso 6 for 42m (32 mins)
Tolar 5 for 41m (36 mins)
Hilder 6 for 41m (80 mins)
Ciraldo 4 for 32m (62 mins)

Dureau made 438m from 13 kicks, and made 7 and missed no tackles!

In the 2nd half, Hilder got his hands on the ball more than anyone else, filled in at hooker while De Gois had a rest, made 7 runs for 57m (incl a few dummy half runs), and made 25 tackles and missed one.

Tackles
Hilder 48 (missed 2)
Ciraldo 41 (missed 1)

Taia 28 (missed 3)
Cross 26 (missed 3)
Tolar 25 (missed 1)
Taufua 24 (missed 1)

Missed tackles (that aren't mentioned above)
MacDougall 4 (made 5)
De Gois 4 (made 23)
Uate 3 (made 0)
Fa'aoso 3 (made 21)
Kaufusi 3 (made 23)

Some of my own thoughts - if we were getting held in the ruck all day as suggested, then De Gois wouldn't have been getting any quick play the balls, and hence no opportunities to do some of the quality dummy half running he has been doing lately.

Rolla

Juniors
To be fair to Aku, he didnt miss three, its just that manu was over the tryline by the time aku brought him down.

Serc

First Grade
Yep...I notice a lot of those little things...just put them all down as they appear each week for consistency :)

Whats Doing

Bench
Stats time:

Some of my own thoughts - if we were getting held in the ruck all day as suggested, then De Gois wouldn't have been getting any quick play the balls, and hence no opportunities to do some of the quality dummy half running he has been doing lately.

De Gois ran from dummy half only 3 times against the Warriors. They were quality but not enough due to the Warriors holding down the play the ball very effectively. Something we need to learn from.