What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

hazzbeen

Bench
Quick to point out Tristian's errors. I just hope he also noticed Lafai and Aitken cause they were not on debut. are older and more experienced and made more errors with the ball than young Tristian. Tristian at least showed some promise and had the Roosters a little worried when he touched the ball unlike others.

Tristian, Lomax and Jackson showed more energy and enthuisiasm than the rest of the team (sorry except McInnes). If only they got more game time throughout the year than the other lazy players who continue to get picked and show no effort time and time again.

Club does not need a cleanout of players that is for sure. Proof of that is at the start of the season they were tipped top 4 so they obviously had the cattle. It is harder to assemble the whole team than bring in a new coach and make the team play to their potential which they clearly are not doing. And it will be a hell of a lot cheaper as they will still have to pay wages for players to play for other clubs.

Mary would be on a performance based contract like everyone else and see he clearly has failed will get the sack. Surely you are not made to pay someone 2 years worth of contract money if they are not performing? I think that is why the contract took so long to sign as it was rumoured Saints where going to re-sign him at the start of the year. I just hope that it was in the clubs favour for the delay and not Mary dictating his terms and they buckled.

The way Browny handled himself with the Knights is class and he should be the first one approached imo. And Demitriou standing up to Siebold and winning the battle (Souths won) also shows he is ready to. Pretty sure he is running the Souths attack this season and they are top 4.
No way are you crazy, we have MacGregor... .....

BLM01

First Grade
Roosters rested players..cronk kicking goals....made a mockery of us last night and threw the Robbo discipline game plan out the window and played with us like toys.
That was an embarassing loss on may fronts but mayde Sailor is a 1 and should be given a go.
I mentioned earlier mary talked in the presser like he is suited for a bench utility role.
Oh I pray and hope for sailor's future someone knocks some sense back into that career inhibiting coach

getsmarty

Immortal
Roosters rested players..cronk kicking goals....made a mockery of us last night and threw the Robbo discipline game plan out the window and played with us like toys.
That was an embarassing loss on may fronts but mayde Sailor is a 1 and should be given a go.
I mentioned earlier mary talked in the presser like he is suited for a bench utility role.
Oh I pray and hope for sailor's future someone knocks some sense back into that career inhibiting coach

Fittler again Defending his mate McGregor..( Sunday Footy Show ).saying we trained the whole preseason with JDB as link player and we haven't adapted....

QUESTION...Who was the shadow player ( understudy ) training in case JDB got injured ? In other words what was the coaches contingency plan ?

It is now Round 24.....The coach has had 23 Rounds to address this and has Failed....

This is the excuse that the Board is using behind the scenes.....It just doesn't cut it.....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I too have never in my 40 odd years of supporting turned off and stopped watching altogether. I can handle losing but what I cannot accept is the board extending McGregor with absolutely no reason to. I won't watch it. It stinks.
I also cannot accept certain players getting selected week in week out regardless of skill and form. With Lafai its not form its skill. He is slow and useless. Ive had enough of screaming at the tv. I'll come back next year if the 1-5 looks different and there is a new coach.
Couldnt have summed it up better myself

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Fittler again Defending his mate McGregor..( Sunday Footy Show ).saying we trained the whole preseason with JDB as link player and we haven't adapted....

QUESTION...Who was the shadow player ( understudy ) training in case JDB got injured ? In other words what was the coaches contingency plan ?

It is now Round 24.....The coach has had 23 Rounds to address this and has Failed....

This is the excuse that the Board is using behind the scenes.....It just doesn't cut it.....
Mate the whole JDB issue is just an excuse in my opinion to deflect the real reason we are where we are....I'm professional enough and educated enough to realise yes we have missed Jack, in particular the starch he provided in the middle ....and to a certain degree his predicament would have been very difficult at times amongst the playing group....but to suggest this link player pre season scenario is just another lame excuse .....whether it comes from Fittler or whoever...the cold hard facts are The Imposter just doesnt cut it never has never will

getsmarty

Immortal
Mate the whole JDB issue is just an excuse in my opinion to deflect the real reason we are where we are....I'm professional enough and educated enough to realise yes we have missed Jack, in particular the starch he provided in the middle ....and to a certain degree his predicament would have been very difficult at times amongst the playing group....but to suggest this link player pre season scenario is just another lame excuse .....whether it comes from Fittler or whoever...the cold hard facts are The Imposter just doesnt cut it never has never will

100% correct....Look @ a Team like Melbourne...A player maker can be missing and another player just automatically slots into their system and knows their role.....

In comparison we run around like headless chickens....

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
100% correct....Look @ a Team like Melbourne...A player maker can be missing and another player just automatically slots into their system and knows their role.....

In comparison we run around like headless chickens....
Yep bit off topic I know mate but when someone in the Storm side drop the ball or generally make an error you watch they work doubly hard to make up for it and then some....we just dont have that culture instilled in us enough said

Carlton

Juniors
I'll look for positives for a change and say Sailor was very promising, Jackson Ford shows he has something there to develop on and Luciano has improved somewhat and will be better again in 2020.

Spot on re Sailor and Ford, there debuts have been the best complete performances of any new player coming into the first grade team for a long, long time. I have thought Ford looks the real deal since the start of the year but was a skeptical about Sailor from what I had seen in CC. He handled first grade like he'd been playing it for the whole season and showed some really good skills and wasn't afraid of the contact.

It will be interesting to see what they will be like next year after a good pre season of training. I hope they can keep improving and aren't derailed by our non coaching, de-skilling set up.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'll look for positives for a change and say Sailor was very promising, Jackson Ford shows he has something there to develop on and Luciano has improved somewhat and will be better again in 2020.
Agree Lovemedragons , most impressive debut by young Sailor and also Ford has not put a foot wrong either. Big Luc really needs to lose a bit more weight and replace it with muscle, could be a far more dangerous and damaging forward if only he did so .

As Carlton has said once they have a top grade pre-season under their belt they will be all the better for it . These young Dragons are our only hope for the future so I sincerely hope that all 3 have plenty of 1st grade games next year .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Freddy would not bag a mate just like we all wouldn't bag our mates. Mary was an Origin centre who all players in his era admired including Fittler. As a Saints fan I did nit understand how he got picked ahead of others in his day but he played well in the rep games I must admit.

I would take Freddy as coach ahead of Mary if they had the option. Impressed with his Origin strategy this year.

nontime111

Juniors
Freddy would not bag a mate just like we all wouldn't bag our mates. Mary was an Origin centre who all players in his era admired including Fittler. As a Saints fan I did nit understand how he got picked ahead of others in his day but he played well in the rep games I must admit.

I would take Freddy as coach ahead of Mary if they had the option. Impressed with his Origin strategy this year.
same, but then again Id take my toothbrush over the inept clueless fella

Dragon David

First Grade
I was going to post a new thread for Round 23 and I went down the list and this thread appeared. We played the Roosters in Round 23 in 2019 and got beaten 34-12. I wonder if we will cop the same result this year in Round 23.

Griffin should bring Dufty back at fullback and move Bird to centre and leave Beale out. Other than that I think the others will be as per Round 22 except for Macca, put Clune in at hooker and bring Amone into the starting lineup.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I was going to post a new thread for Round 23 and I went down the list and this thread appeared. We played the Roosters in Round 23 in 2019 and got beaten 34-12. I wonder if we will cop the same result this year in Round 23.

Griffin should bring Dufty back at fullback and move Bird to centre and leave Beale out. Other than that I think the others will be as per Round 22 except for Macca, put Clune in at hooker and bring Amone into the starting lineup.
It will be an intriguing team list. Clune cant do 80 at 9 so either BB will have to back him up or McGuire do a stint in the middle of the game to give him a breather. Not really ideal but at least it pretty much guarantees at least one of Sullivan or Amone gets the nod. It could well be Sullivan 7, Norman 6 with Amone off the bench mainly because of his versatility although I hope it is Amone 6, Sullivan 7. In saying that Sullivan has only played 3 games and never when we have had a full pack it would be interesting to give him a bit more time also.

BIG RIG

Juniors
This would be the team I would pick

Feel free to disagree haha

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matthew Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Adam Clune
10. Josh McGuire
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Matt Dufty
15. Josh Kerr
16. Billy Burns
17. Daniel Alvaro

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It will be an intriguing team list. Clune cant do 80 at 9 so either BB will have to back him up or McGuire do a stint in the middle of the game to give him a breather. Not really ideal but at least it pretty much guarantees at least one of Sullivan or Amone gets the nod. It could well be Sullivan 7, Norman 6 with Amone off the bench mainly because of his versatility although I hope it is Amone 6, Sullivan 7. In saying that Sullivan has only played 3 games and never when we have had a full pack it would be interesting to give him a bit more time also.
I think you're right mate, McGuire will fill in at 9 for a while to give Clune a breather, but I reckon Clune will start at 9.

You're probably right also that Sullivan will play 7 Norman 6 and Amone bench but personally I think Amone deserves to start at 6.

@Dragon David. I think we have seen the last of Dufty in the red v, Bird and Sloane will play there for the remainder of our games I reckon. I think Hook prefers Bird there simply because he is relatively clean with the ball, does the work and defensively is better than Dufty. The media were all Dufty cheerleaders last night and yes he has good moments in attack but we can never be sure which Dufty will show up and even if he has having a cracking offensive game, usually we are leaking points due to him as well.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matthew Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Adam Clune
10. Josh McGuire
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Matt Dufty
15. Josh Kerr
16. Billy Burns
17. Daniel Alvaro
Would like to see that team on the field. Bench looks pretty thin. Not sure Clune is up for 80 minutes at hooker, but yeah, exciting side.

Dragon David

First Grade

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matthew Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Adam Clune
10. Josh McGuire
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Matt Dufty
15. Josh Kerr
16. Billy Burns
17. Daniel Alvaro
I like very much and could be a winner. Got to make sure that we keep an eye out for Walker and his long cut out passes - someone needs to apply plenty of pressure on him in defence and attack. We have also got to be able to kick the ball very high into their red zone because they become a lottery as to being able to be caught plus it gives our players more time to effect tackles close to their line. Much of our kicking trajectory is lower and they can then catch the ball sooner and make ground quicker.

The game is winnable if the completion rates are high so they have to make as little errors as possible - please, that's all they have to do in defence and attack.

thebigredv

First Grade

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matthew Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Adam Clune
10. Josh McGuire
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Matt Dufty
15. Josh Kerr
16. Billy Burns
17. Daniel Alvaro

Lawrie gone for the season. Broken hand. Give tanua-brown a ring although I think he is now in the warriors team...