What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yeah Go you mighty Dragons! How I'd love a win over them today. I've got a Roosters Facebook friend who never ever forgets to send a comment of how fecking wonderful they are after they beat us. Arrogant pr..ck!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
As we were struggling through the four losses while we missed players because of the BBQ suspensions I was hopeful that once all players were available the team would reproduce its early season form. But sadly untimely injuries have kicked in as well as Griffin's unwillingness to pick Dufty the past 2 weeks (assuming he has legitimate reasons for not picking Sloan) and so at this stage without Hunt, Macca and Lawrie I would be happy with one more win for the season. While I hated seeing Dufty blast Jordy vs Titans I reckon had he played vs the Raiders we may well have won.

At least now Dufty increases the chances of the Dragons scoring and with his future settled maybe he won't be so hesitant in defending kicks. But it's a bit hard to work out why McGuire is at hooker. The attack looked OK late last week with Clune at 9 and Amone at 6. Maybe Sullivan will gives us a needed lift from the bench.

Dragon David

First Grade
This will be a tight contest and we will be in it right to the end. The Roosters will be giving it their all as they would want to be ahead of the Sea Eagles on the ladder who are currently in equal 4th spot but the Roosters have this game in hand to leapfrog them.

A win by us will give us some minute hope of being in the top 8 - maybe very minute hope.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mickey,

After todays win by the Sharks, even 3 from 3 will come down to F&A. We are 80 plus behind the Sharks.
With Souths losing to Penrith it does increase the chance of Wayne resting a few players in round 25. If Penrith win again next week Souths can’t finish any higher than 3rd.

Regardless of F&A there’s a lot of incentive to win out Sharks have Melbourne in round 25 so I think we can still make the 8 but MUST win today.

denis preston

First Grade
Hey fellow dragons , what’s all the Dufty shot himself in the foot etc all about. Pretty standard and sensible interview by Matt. Basically saying Hook disagreed about how Dufty should structure his game. It seems that Hook wants Duff to be more structured and given post match comments Hook doesn’t like the long cut out passes. Dufty also notes that he and Hook get along otherwise.
I have been a positive but realistic poster on the forum about Duff; said he is not a superstar, but a couple of his NRL trys are so sublime that very few other players ( if any) are capable of scoring them. He can score long range trys, a godsend for any team. Balanced against that he does go quiet in games, not good in traffic nor contested jumps with tallish opposition.
I have moved on but will miss that excitement and expectation that Matt brings even if like his last game for us he didn’t play well. I will certainly cheer on Tyrell Sloan / Mybe/ whoever is his replacement.
How do you deduce that Hook is not happy with Duftys passing game ? The real question on dufty is not how he goes from time to time but how he would go if we made a final or GF. Could you really trust him to be the rock at the back ?

DragonBorn95

Juniors
The year is almost over, hopefully we can finish with a few wins and with amone in the halves and Sullivan off the bench I can feel a real strong energetic performance from the boys and a good win to shut the rorters fans up would be great let's go 🔥🔥🔥