What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

Exactly. The Roosters have a squad of 25 guys who would play first grade every week at any club, we have a squad of 10 or so who meet the same criteria.

So to say the Roosters are missing players too is a bit of a cop out when you look at the calibre of reserves they have big red.
It will be a real kick in the guts if Dufty is a stand out at the Bulldogs next season. Along with their strong recruitment for next year they could be contenders. With the current status of recruitment at the Dragons I am just tepid about the prospects next season. There is no one of the class of Tupou or Addo Carr available.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My take on the game is:

1. Our fitness and conditioning is poor. We constantly running out of juice after 55-60 minutes. Last 4 Rooster tries were as a direct result of being gassed.

2. I am & tired of hearing the media bleat that the Roosters are down on troops. We were missing out best 2 props, no hooker and no 7.

3. we were dominated in the forwards once again.

4. Sullivan and Amone played well.

5. Hook has recruited 3 quality forwards for 2022.

6. Sloan, Sullivan, Amone and Hunt will give us all the strike we need off decent go forward.

7. No Norman in 2022 will instantly improve the side.

8. We should petition the club to wear the red V exclusively.

9. Dufty made one good tackle then went missing.

10. Tariq Sims should be moved on. As captain you lead by example. If Tariq was injured my apologies in advance.
I particularly like no 8

Our fitness and conditioning is poor.
Absolutely no excuse if this is fact. Who is our conditioning coach. Sack him along with our defensive coach. I recall in the good old days when the Dragons trained on Cronulla/Wanda sand hills. Wasnt the great Percy Cerutty who swore that running up sand hills was a great way to get into condition, employed by the club for a time.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Absolutely no excuse if this is fact. Who is our conditioning coach. Sack him along with our defensive coach. I recall in the good old days when the Dragons trained on Cronulla/Wanda sand hills. Wasnt the great Percy Cerutty employed by the club for a while and who swore that running up sand hills was a great way to get into condition.
Kevin Ryan swore by it!

You are making some big unsubstantiated assumptions here.
Read an earlier post pal. I did not make that assumption about Widdop. I am tho making it about Sims who is one of our most passionate wearers of the Red V jumper.. I reckon the toxic culture seeped in when we gave bad boy Josh Dugan a lifeline. It will continue while there is discontent in this club.

Last edited:

Dragons4me

Juniors
It was always going to be a tough ask to beat the rorters. Disappointing year all round. We were never really in the hunt. BBQ-gate really hurt. You know I bought a 4 seat silver membership package to Kogarah again this year. I never got to one game initially due to work commitments and then covid came along. I'm sure many of us had the same experience. Despite all that, I'll get them again next year (subject to covid) cause I just will. I can't help it.
Go the Dragons!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
My take on the game is:

1. Our fitness and conditioning is poor. We constantly running out of juice after 55-60 minutes. Last 4 Rooster tries were as a direct result of being gassed.

2. I am & tired of hearing the media bleat that the Roosters are down on troops. We were missing out best 2 props, no hooker and no 7.

3. we were dominated in the forwards once again.

4. Sullivan and Amone played well.

5. Hook has recruited 3 quality forwards for 2022.

6. Sloan, Sullivan, Amone and Hunt will give us all the strike we need off decent go forward.

7. No Norman in 2022 will instantly improve the side.

8. We should petition the club to wear the red V exclusively.

9. Dufty made one good tackle then went missing.

10. Tariq Sims should be moved on. As captain you lead by example. If Tariq was injured my apologies in advance.
Great post! I am all in for points 1 to 9, but would hang onto Tariq - maybe try to find a way to get some blue onto his jersey.

Dragsters

First Grade
How good was good was de Belin’s cover tackle on Teddy today?
[/QUOTE]

It was a cracking effort to firstly run him down and the clean him up.

Hardly rated a mention from Alexander on fox.

Had it have been any other player (from any other team of course) he would have gushed and raved about a forward running down the great teddy.

Alexander = pillock...

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Had to turn Alexander down yesterday, watched and listened to CCT, just paused the Fox live by several seconds to synch it.
Wasn’t great but beat listening to the muppets on Fox.
Very technical solution @ALSGI. I have to turn the sound down far enough that it is background noise that substitutes for crowd noise, and is soft enough that I can't understand what the muppets are saying. I turn it up when one of our tries is being replayed.

Where has the Norman of yesterday been for much of the year. He was in everything.. conducting the orchestra.. pity the musicians did not come to the party when the game was there to be won. On that performance he deserves a second crack at first off the ruck.. JDB has to return to his spiritual home.. lock. How long are we without Lawrie. Promote a performing prop from the lower grades and dump those forwards that lack any passion for the Red V.

Dragon David

First Grade
Absolutely no excuse if this is fact. Who is our conditioning coach. Sack him along with our defensive coach. I recall in the good old days when the Dragons trained on Cronulla/Wanda sand hills. Wasnt the great Percy Cerutty who swore that running up sand hills was a great way to get into condition, employed by the club for a time.
Percy was a fitness fanatic. He wouldn't have had any fat on him. Running through the sand dunes was great for the legs and breathing and stamina. Unfortunately with the bio-security protocols the guys would be training in a shared gym and on the nearest park to their hotel for their fitness drills. They would be as fit as the other players in other clubs as they too would only be doing training and gym work like our guys. Running along beaches is a no no as you would know. But when things come back to "normal" then yes, a routine sand dune run would go a long way to increase fitness levels if not already doing this.

BTW the following are the guys involved with the players fitness -
  • Tony Guilfoyle - Physical Performance Manager
  • Dan Lawson - Medical Performance Manager
  • Elliot Jackson - Strength and Conditioning

Dragon David

First Grade
It was always going to be a tough ask to beat the rorters. Disappointing year all round. We were never really in the hunt. BBQ-gate really hurt. You know I bought a 4 seat silver membership package to Kogarah again this year. I never got to one game initially due to work commitments and then covid came along. I'm sure many of us had the same experience. Despite all that, I'll get them again next year (subject to covid) cause I just will. I can't help it.
Go the Dragons!
Good for you Dragons4me. You are a dedicated fan which the club would appreciate.

Dragon David

First Grade
How good was good was de Belin’s cover tackle on Teddy today?

It was a cracking effort to firstly run him down and the clean him up.

Hardly rated a mention from Alexander on fox.

Had it have been any other player (from any other team of course) he would have gushed and raved about a forward running down the great teddy.

Alexander = pillock...
[/QUOTE]
I don't listen to the one eyed bastards. I turn the volume off and just watch and provide my own biased commentary.

boardlumps62

Juniors
What disappointed me most was that Drew Hutchinson was playing for the Chooks and won the game for them. He is better than anything we had in the halves and we threw him on the scrap heap back in 2015 thereabouts. He was going to be that player but from memory got an ACL injury and never came back and we clicked him. Went to England and Chooks threw him a lifeline. Good for him and shows how bad our recruiting can be

Dragons4me

Juniors
Had to turn Alexander down yesterday, watched and listened to CCT, just paused the Fox live by several seconds to synch it.
Wasn’t great but beat listening to the muppets on Fox.
I did too. I guess they're just doing their job but I saw what was happening. I didn't need someone to dissect it play by play multiple times with commentry about how wonderful the rorters were. I can only take so much.