What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

Dragons4me

Juniors
What disappointed me most was that Drew Hutchinson was playing for the Chooks and won the game for them. He is better than anything we had in the halves and we threw him on the scrap heap back in 2015 thereabouts. He was going to be that player but from memory got an ACL injury and never came back and we clicked him. Went to England and Chooks threw him a lifeline. Good for him and shows how bad our recruiting can be
Sorry he's able to look good in a good team. That's all.

Gareth67

First Grade
It will be a real kick in the guts if Dufty is a stand out at the Bulldogs next season. Along with their strong recruitment for next year they could be contenders. With the current status of recruitment at the Dragons I am just tepid about the prospects next season. There is no one of the class of Tupou or Addo Carr available.

Yes you are right , but I believe he will still take the same defensive deficiencies with him - rocks and diamonds .

Ghostrider22

Juniors
It was a cracking effort to firstly run him down and the clean him up.

Hardly rated a mention from Alexander on fox.

Had it have been any other player (from any other team of course) he would have gushed and raved about a forward running down the great teddy.

Alexander = pillock...
I don't listen to the one eyed bastards. I turn the volume off and just watch and provide my own biased commentary.
[/QUOTE]
He hates the Saints, it goes along way back.

Dragon David

First Grade
"I turn the volume off and just watch and provide my own biased commentary."

That's what I do pretty much. It's the only way to get any decent commentary! (I'm not sure the missus agrees.)
Haha! Mine leaves the room with headphones on. No seriously, I get to watch our Dragons games and speak over the phone during the game with my brother who follows the Red V as well. We carry on like crazy. He likes to predict who will score and what the end result will be and mostly is correct. I don't need the volume on as he and I do the commentary.

BLM01

First Grade
What disappointed me most was that Drew Hutchinson was playing for the Chooks and won the game for them. He is better than anything we had in the halves and we threw him on the scrap heap back in 2015 thereabouts. He was going to be that player but from memory got an ACL injury and never came back and we clicked him. Went to England and Chooks threw him a lifeline. Good for him and shows how bad our recruiting can be
He was no better than Widdop and he us No 7
When you say we threw him on the scrap heap
Now when Keary returns where will Drew play then?
The way he went through our forwards maybe should of been our number 13

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Haha! Mine leaves the room with headphones on. No seriously, I get to watch our Dragons games and speak over the phone during the game with my brother who follows the Red V as well. We carry on like crazy. He likes to predict who will score and what the end result will be and mostly is correct. I don't need the volume on as he and I do the commentary.
You are doing better than me! My wife usually goes to another room to watch something else on tv. My brother is no good either. A Penrith supporter, so all I get is gloating from him. Mind you, we have been going so bad recently that he has been unusually kind to me ( probably the best indication yet as to how bad we really are going).

stevosaints2010

Juniors
Like so many in this game Dufty is a rocks and diamonds player. Cant help thinking that with some dedication by the man himself and Mary he'd have made a good half for us. History now. He is the Bulldogs problem from here. Yet another St George local junior gone.
I've always said he should be in the halves and yes he is a rocks & diamonds player. He was very quite yesterday apart from a good tackle on Tedesco certainly not good fullback

stevosaints2010

Juniors
He was no better than Widdop and he us No 7
When you say we threw him on the scrap heap
Now when Keary returns where will Drew play then?
The way he went through our forwards maybe should of been our number 13
No not a good half and only looked okay due to us falling away in the second half. I'm wondering why they persevere with Norman )apart from one good offload was very ordinary for a $800k player. I like Amone & Sullivan so hopefully Norman is dropped this week and they play in the halves...season 2021 gone

ALSGI

Bench
I've always said he should be in the halves and yes he is a rocks & diamonds player. He was very quite yesterday apart from a good tackle on Tedesco certainly not good fullback
Hey mate, welcome with your first post.

Dufty was ‘very quiet yesterday’ ? Apart from the good tackle on Teddy (which most FB should be able to do in those situations) he was shit to MIA.

Trifili13

Juniors
Dufty took thin air a few minutes after the Tedesco tackle when the Rooster's player (can't recall who it was) made a break and had support players but the Dragon's were in between and he could not pass but Dufty still did not put his body on the line.

If Dufty puts his body on the line at the Dog's, that just shows poor character as he has failed numerous times to do so for the Dragon's.

Also, all we heard from the media was what a great attacking weapon he is yet the Dog's only offered him 1 year as far as I know. What does that tell you about the faith they have in him? What so called established first grader signs for 1 year only? (Excluding those that know they will get a big paycheck the year after as tv rights and salary cap is being negotiated)

redv13

Bench
Dufty took thin air a few minutes after the Tedesco tackle when the Rooster's player (can't recall who it was) made a break and had support players but the Dragon's were in between and he could not pass but Dufty still did not put his body on the line.

If Dufty puts his body on the line at the Dog's, that just shows poor character as he has failed numerous times to do so for the Dragon's.

Also, all we heard from the media was what a great attacking weapon he is yet the Dog's only offered him 1 year as far as I know. What does that tell you about the faith they have in him? What so called established first grader signs for 1 year only? (Excluding those that know they will get a big paycheck the year after as tv rights and salary cap is being negotiated)
No other clubs were interested. That says it all really. If he was a gun, clubs would be lining up to sign him

Dragons4me

Juniors
It will be a real kick in the guts if Dufty is a stand out at the Bulldogs next season. Along with their strong recruitment for next year they could be contenders. With the current status of recruitment at the Dragons I am just tepid about the prospects next season. There is no one of the class of Tupou or Addo Carr available.

No the thing is that we remember to kick high to Dufty at every opportunity next year when we play the dogs. I hope Hook pencils that in as a reminder on the Dragons/dogs game day tactic sheet.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
No the thing is that we remember to kick high to Dufty at every opportunity next year when we play the dogs. I hope Hook pencils that in as a reminder on the Dragons/dogs game day tactic sheet.
I'd be surprised if he plays all year for the dogs. I think he'll be in and out of the side like he is currently for us and I hope the media all start quizzing Barrett about playing Dufty to fix their hapless attack.

Dragon David

First Grade
You are doing better than me! My wife usually goes to another room to watch something else on tv. My brother is no good either. A Penrith supporter, so all I get is gloating from him. Mind you, we have been going so bad recently that he has been unusually kind to me ( probably the best indication yet as to how bad we really are going).
More people would be glad of where we are than sorry for us. At least your brother is following a current decent team to keep interested into October. Our mob will be coming back and feeling sorry for themselves. It's good to have someone else in the family interested in league.

As I said, I have a brother who follows the Dragons, two other brothers who follow the Sea Eagles, a sister who follows the Bulldogs and the other sister follows the Eels so we are a mixed bunch and egg each other on.

Dragon David

First Grade
No other clubs were interested. That says it all really. If he was a gun, clubs would be lining up to sign him
I'm sure that the Duff and the Norm are peed off with the lack of interest they have got so far - more so the Norm.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd be surprised if he plays all year for the dogs. I think he'll be in and out of the side like he is currently for us and I hope the media all start quizzing Barrett about playing Dufty to fix their hapless attack.
Dufty, will most probably be the same as Kyle Flanagan - in and out.

Latest posts