What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I dont think anyone said he couldnt play footy.. most just won't certain he was/is nrl quality.

Last night was not only his best game in the nrl but hes best game in at any level for some time.

I still think he will struggle to be a regular nrl player. At least for us. I dont see a way for him into the team next year.

But its good to see improvement thats for sure.. i certainly hope he continues upwards but hes really going to have to develop some power with his running game if hes to be a threat. Honestly atm hes not even a threat 1 on 1 with a half. Huge build but runs half arsed.

Having said that he did well last night to play huge mins and be fairly solid.

I think next year we will run

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Smith
11. Papali
12. Marto
13. Yeo

15. Soro (prop/2nd row cover)
16. Henry
17. Garner (centre cover)

18. Patea

Hope he has a huge preseason tho and puts some pressure on the bench guys
His first time starting in the NRL and he plays his best footy…. What does that tell you..

He is listening to his coaching and developing his game…. Its not hard to see..

I know for a fact that he’s highly regarded by the coaching staff as he offers skills that our other back rowers don’t.

He’s going to be hard to leave out of our 17 moving forward.

Iamback

Coach
What lol? Garner is on the bench as a 2md rower who can cover centre. We domt have 2md rowers as good as garner that can cover centre like he does

Papalli and Martin both play 80 mins. Garner should certainly be the next up if either can't play but if he is going to sit on the bench incase of injury

Then take your pick of the stack of the huge young outside backs that we can't fit in the team.

Girds89

Bench
His first time starting in the NRL and he plays his best footy…. What does that tell you..

He is listening to his coaching and developing his game…. Its not hard to see..

I know for a fact that he’s highly regarded by the coaching staff as he offers skills that our other back rowers don’t.

He’s going to be hard to leave out of our 17 moving forward.

Not unusual for players to step up and play there best footy in the nrl. Rising to the occasion

Look at trent, casey just from the last 6 or so weeks.. both playing there best footy. Trent in an unfamiliar position to him.

Im sure hes highly regarded.. iongi is very highly regarded but doesn't mean theres a way in for him!

Papali has skills that mav has tho.. papali is am offloader. Something marto garner and soro don't particularly have.

Who do you think he replaces in our best 17 next year?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I know people don't like hearing it but Tago made dumb decisions and gave away one of the dumbest penalties in the NRL this year yet again (he did make one fantastic tackle). His refusal to discipline him is really strange.
Letoa has looked totally disinterested all year.
Both these guys need to be dropped for next week, don't care if it makes the squad weaker against Canberra, a message needs to be sent that this shit isn't good enough and NO ONE'S spot is safe

Most edge players make “dumb” decisions, it’s not an easy position to defend in.

Your issue is that id say 60% of the time your carry on is unwarranted, which drowns out the %40 of the time that you’re correct.

It’s easier to just dismiss everything you say.

Ivan isn’t being stubborn, Tago is one of our two best centres available, that’s not being stubborn, it’s being smart.

Dropping Leota is absurd… thats not even worth discussing because there is no plausible reason to…. You thinking he is disinterested is definitely not a reason.

Girds89

Bench
Papalli and Martin both play 80 mins. Garner should certainly be the next up if either can't play but if he is going to sit on the bench incase of injury

Then take your pick of the stack of the huge young outside backs that we can't fit in the team.

We didn't resign garner to play cup. He will be in the 17. You and i know it.

Papali plays his best footy when he doesn't have to play the 80.

Ivan has faith in garns and he won't ride the bench. He will get 25-30 mins a game.

I think ppl forget how good garner was going this year before injury.

Iamback

Coach
We didn't resign garner to play cup. He will be in the 17. You and i know it.

Papali plays his best footy when he doesn't have to play the 80.

Ivan has faith in garns and he won't ride the bench. He will get 25-30 mins a game.

I think ppl forget how good garner was going this year before injury.

So we signed Talagi to play Cup?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Most edge players make “dumb” decisions, it’s not an easy position to defend in.

Your issue is that id say 60% of the time your carry on is unwarranted, which drowns out the %40 of the time that you’re correct.

It’s easier to just dismiss everything you say.

Ivan isn’t being stubborn, Tago is one of our two best centres available, that’s not being stubborn, it’s being smart.

Dropping Leota is absurd… thats not even worth discussing because there is no plausible reason to…. You thinking he is disinterested is definitely not a reason.
Letoa made 67m from 9 runs last night. That's absolutely pathetic.

Last week 77m from 10 runs.

Complete peaheart stuff if we are being honest. He should be embarrassed

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Not unusual for players to step up and play there best footy in the nrl. Rising to the occasion

Look at trent, casey just from the last 6 or so weeks.. both playing there best footy. Trent in an unfamiliar position to him.

Im sure hes highly regarded.. iongi is very highly regarded but doesn't mean theres a way in for him!

Papali has skills that mav has tho.. papali is am offloader. Something marto garner and soro don't particularly have.

Who do you think he replaces in our best 17 next year?
Not unusual?? The way he’s playing isn’t a surprise, it’s no shock mate, just because people on here don’t rate him, doesn’t mean anything.

If he continues on his current path I think he’s solid a chance of starting in the back row and pushing Ice into the middle rotation.

Garner and Sorro’s positions are both in danger as far as I’m concerned. Lerun and MG2 are impressing the right people.

Girds89

Bench
Not unusual?? The way he’s playing isn’t a surprise, it’s no shock mate, just because people on here don’t rate him, doesn’t mean anything.

If he continues on his current path I think he’s solid a chance of starting in the back row and pushing Ice into the middle rotation.

Garner and Sorro’s positions are both in danger as far as I’m concerned. Lerun and MG2 are impressing the right people.

Haha its a forum. Nothing on here means anything its all opinion.

Yeah i dont see it..Papali was brought in to reinforce the 2md row.

Between leota, smith, henry, patea, eiso the front row stocks are good. Throw in soro who probably played his best footy off the bench in the middle we are well covered there.

Girds89

Bench
We lost by two points. With no 2md rowers.

Clearly out at the end.

Dyl and fish both not 100%.

And a weird coaching decision to drop tito.

Get a full team on deck we will be hard to beat imo.

Iamback

Coach

people forget we have key players in the pack aging.

Girds89

Bench
So we signed Talagi to play Cup?

What? I dont even know what you are on about haha..

Talagi will be the 6 i believe.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Casey
Jesse/alamonti
Talagi
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Papali
Marto
Yeo

Cole/laurie/trent
Garner
Soro
Henry

Patea

Imo thats a very impressive side.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Haha its a forum. Nothing on here means anything its all opinion.

Yeah i dont see it..Papali was brought in to reinforce the 2md row.

Between leota, smith, henry, patea, eiso the front row stocks are good. Throw in soro who probably played his best footy off the bench in the middle we are well covered there.

So you also think Ivan is stubborn?

If MG2 is the best option to start in the backrow, he will.

Sorro and Garner continued injuries are a major concern.

There is really no point speculating on next year, so many things could change, but if Mav keeps ticking off the boxes at training and on the field, his hat will definitely be in the ring.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No they don't. Our path to victory was straight up the guts, yet we ignored it
Our path to victory is always to keep our middles fresh so that we have energy in defense. Kick to the corners and beat the shit out of them inside their own 20.

What have we ever won with our props making big running metres?

Latest posts