What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

Pomoz

Bench
Nothing I saw from the Storm worried me in anyway. We play at 80% we beat every team in this comp. This is some Chins level confidence.
It wouldn't be lost on Bellamy that they won by a penalty kick with our entire backrow missing and Dyl not up to speed yet.

We have gears, we just sometimes forget to use them.

Iamback

Coach
I can't blame people there's a huge emotional attachment to clubs so we don't like to see fault. I often on game day get worked up about calls and on a mid week re-watch realise they were generally correct.

You rarely see me comment on poor calls because we do too many dumb things to blame refs.

Games like Thursday being on both Networks gets you double the neutral and even the end of the post game on radio on way home.

Agreed the 1st try and that penalty were bad calls. So re watching is good to get neutral opinions

Every team kicks it short. The new rules are awful and make any other decision not worth it
The rules were changed because the Rabbitohs (Lattrell) and the Broncos (Reynolds) never got it right and were punished by 2 points from a penalty in front more than they got it right.

Now it's kick and hope with no consequences when they get it wrong, just start tackling 10 metres out.

Crap rule change. Just kick it long...

Goonji

Juniors
id love for us to be the hunters again instead of being the hunted

when we turn it on - its f**king beautiful to watch and scary as f**k for the competition
This might sound weird but even though we’re second on the ladder and and a great chance of another premiership it seems like we are in a rebuilding phase. Next year or 2026 it might be 2021, 22 and 23 form all over again.

Fangs

Coach
This might sound weird but even though we’re second on the ladder and and a great chance of another premiership it seems like we are in a rebuilding phase. Next year or 2026 it might be 2021, 22 and 23 form all over again.

We are definitely the favourites this year.

Next year you have to consider the loss of our home stadium. Vegas is no help. Throw in a squad losses (Mainly Luai) it seems like a tall order to win a competition. Its early talk because top 30 squads and the draw aren't finalised but based on what we know I'd be very surprised if we won the comp.

Can never write this club off though.

snickers007

Juniors
Yeah I think next year is definitely the rebuild year. So much will hinge on how quickly we settle on a #6 and our front-row.

We have a lot of our depth guys contracts up next year too (Luke, Riki, Geyer, Hassett, Laurie, Schneider, Kepaoa, Sommerton & Price). We'll see a lot of turnover there, and will again have a very young squad.

I think it's been injuries that has really hindered us this year. Seems like we've struggled to put the same team on the field two weeks in a row, and our combinations have suffered as a result. 2020-2023 we were going on 6-7 game streaks with the same 17. And while we still picked up injuries from time to time it would usually only be 1-2 players at a time.

Without seeing the draw and the complete squads for 2025 you would think that a Top 6 finish, and/or a prelim appearance would be a great effort next season.