What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 V The Warriors

OldPanther

Coach
The Raiders just did us a huge favour so the boys have to pick their game up and take advantage of this traffic jam at the top.

tripster

Juniors
The Raiders just did us a huge favour so the boys have to pick their game up and take advantage of this traffic jam at the top.

I love seeing the Roosters beaten but unfortunately it doesn’t help us. Roosters F/A is +161. Ours is +70. Realistically Roosters need to lose their last two games and us win our last two games to jump them.

It would have been a completely different story if we had won yesterday.

martielang

Bench
The good thing is no team is really looking that great at the moment. I think everyone is beatable on their day. We just look more beatable then others.

If we can scrape out a win next week, we’ll likely be playing for a spot in the 4 in the final round & that could change every thing for us. Confidence is key.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The good thing is no team is really looking that great at the moment. I think everyone is beatable on their day. We just look more beatable then others.

If we can scrape out a win next week, we’ll likely be playing for a spot in the 4 in the final round & that could change every thing for us. Confidence is key.

I'm starting to get more and more worried that the Sharks are going to nab another comp. They are flying under the radar and just tough to beat. I would literally want anyone else in the 8 to win except for them, even the Storm.

martielang

Bench
I'm starting to get more and more worried that the Sharks are going to nab another comp. They are flying under the radar and just tough to beat. I would literally want anyone else in the 8 to win except for them, even the Storm.

Agree on both points.

I don’t even want to think about it. I’d have to retire on here.

Sime_11

Juniors
Kikau to bench, start RCG & Merrin, with Leota/tamou off the bench - that worked for us earlier in the season.

first 20 minutes, hard line running and enthusiastic defence, show some patience and fix the fn ball security....

Western Stand

Juniors
They won't win it. There are too many other teams that actually play football for the Sharks to be a chance. They are almost going as bad as us if you take the Storm win out of the picture.

maple_69

Bench
Storm were terrible against the Sharks also.

DWZ, Philips, Blake, Whare, Sauce, Peach, Cleary, JFH, Egan, RCG, CHN, Yeo, Martin, Merrin, Tamou, Kikau, Katoa

If those starting middles can’t get us fired up at the start of the game then pack it in.

kinghippo

Juniors
Tamou Egan Leota
Yeo Merrin
JFH ( He was awesome as lock)
Cleary
May
Mansour
Peachy
Whare
DWZ
Blake fullback

RCG, Ellis Kikau CHN ( utility)

RCG to come on and stay on after 20 it’s not a demotion, he was epic of the bench.
Kikau on for Merrin to add impact after 20 or 30, stays on.
Forwards given strick instructions to do hit ups and quickplay the ball only, no sideways crap.
No pushing offloads for the first 20 of the game.

Merrin is obviously out of form/ unfit but like Maloney weneed to get him back to form somehow.
Merrin to sub JFH or yeo for last 20.
CHN played where needed.

Blake’s hands failed him this weekend but I think he would be awesome at fullback, a lot more opportunitiesto grab an offload and get some broken field play.
He played heaps of it in reserve grade.
It’s obviously risky but no more risky than Peachy.

martielang

Bench
I genuinely don't know what i'd do with our back line. If there was a possibility of bringing Aekins straight up into 1 & keeping DWZ on the wing (against Fusitua or Maumalo) i'd do that, but i don't think we can. I'd probably keep it the same as last week for this week. I would rather Peach at 6, but I'm sure May will improve.

I'd be giving Waddell a run for CHN & I think i'd still start Katoa but i'd be taking him off after 20 - 30 & giving Egan an extended run.