What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 V The Warriors

Panfa

Juniors
We played 2 semis at penrith against broncos and raiders cause they were out of sydney teams we had to move our home game against dogs because its 2 sydney teams.1st week is home ground 2nd week home city 3rd week home state so if we are playing warriors or broncos it will be at penrith.but that would mean we would have to beat storm on friday night who we haven't beaten in melbourne for as long as i can remember

TheFrog

Coach
We played 2 semis at penrith against broncos and raiders cause they were out of sydney teams we had to move our home game against dogs because its 2 sydney teams.
This is incorrect. The rules were changed for the 2011 season. Prior to that suburban grounds such as Penrith could be used in week 1. From 2011 on, following the Dragons refusal to move their week 1 final in 2010, only Allianz and ANZ were deemed suitable grounds for holding finals in Sydney, even week 1 finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wont finish 6th. Wont beat Storm.
Most likely finish 8th. Which maybe just the same as finishing 5th if land a Sydney team which Must Be played at ANZ.... Possible to get Sharks,Souths,Saints,Brisbane,Warriors

Take your pick who would like to play. A Sydney team or travel. I reckon best chance is to face a Sydney team or Warriors. Brisbane in Brisbane are beatable but tough task. If Souths losdt to tigers it would be 4 losses straight and lost 6/8 which should of been 7 bar a Parra choke.

Whino

Bench
If he can stay out of his second home (the sin bin) Hetherington is available for selection next week.

murraymob

Coach
We played 2 semis at penrith against broncos and raiders cause they were out of sydney teams we had to move our home game against dogs because its 2 sydney teams.1st week is home ground 2nd week home city 3rd week home state so if we are playing warriors or broncos it will be at penrith.but that would mean we would have to beat storm on friday night who we haven't beaten in melbourne for as long as i can remember

the nrl changed those rules from when we last played the broncos our home ground for semi final footy is a major venue

mxlegend99

Referee
Our only chance at winning a finals game on current form is getting the Dragons in week 1.

Aside from our win against Warriors we havent had a decent win since that game. Hopefully they can be the start and end of our terrible form.

Any other opposition and I give us f**k all chance at a week 1 victory

TheFrog

Coach
In Gus's podcast this week, we are told that Ciraldo sent away a missive to the refs boss with a list of concerns about the way this game was officiated. It seems he received back an apology of sorts for the errors that were made. I'm sure Gus wouldn't just make this up. Kudos to Ciraldo for doing this, and I can only hope it helps going forward because I don't think we got a fair go in this match. Would be nice if the club would share with its supporters what those errors were. The try where DWZ was taken out would be a likely candidate. The non-sinbinning of Warriors players repeatedly infringing on their own line possibly. There were quite a few of them.

Note that Klein is still in first grade this week, though, so maybe its water off a duck's back.

OldPanther

Coach
In Gus's podcast this week, we are told that Ciraldo sent away a missive to the refs boss with a list of concerns about the way this game was officiated. It seems he received back an apology of sorts for the errors that were made. I'm sure Gus wouldn't just make this up. Kudos to Ciraldo for doing this, and I can only hope it helps going forward because I don't think we got a fair go in this match. Would be nice if the club would share with its supporters what those errors were. The try where DWZ was taken out would be a likely candidate. The non-sinbinning of Warriors players repeatedly infringing on their own line possibly. There were quite a few of them.

Note that Klein is still in first grade this week, though, so maybe its water off a duck's back.

Good on him. The refs sucked. We probably lose anyway but at least give a fair shake.

franklin2323

Immortal
There isn't the depth in refereeing to get anything done. Won't change this week as Referee Smith takes charge the only issue I saw that affected the game was the non call on DWZ being taken out

Panther Pete

Juniors
I get what people are saying about refereeing but our current form has nothing to do with the refs. It comes from dropping the ball, missing tackles and giving away the dumbest of penalties (see JFH on the 5th tackle last week). We need to change these things in our game if we are to start winning, the refs can’t do it for us.

OldPanther

Coach
I get what people are saying about refereeing but our current form has nothing to do with the refs. It comes from dropping the ball, missing tackles and giving away the dumbest of penalties (see JFH on the 5th tackle last week). We need to change these things in our game if we are to start winning, the refs can’t do it for us.

No one is saying the refs cost the game except maybe the club.

Latest posts