What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Newcastle Knights Discussion + Voting

broncos2010

Juniors
This is going to be one very hard game , they have nothing to lose and we have heaps to lose.I dont know we look very flat with out lockyer in attack and if we cant fix up our tackles it might be a long night.

Last edited by a moderator:

TD09

Juniors
Hopefully Mullen is out again. Think I heard he has broken ribs (not sure) so that will be a boost if he is gone

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if mullen has broken his ribs he probably wont play again this year. our attack was atrocious on friday there seemed to be no clear direction. I would have norman out there a lot earlier or even starting to provide some direction on both sides of the ruck with wallace.

broncos2010

Juniors
hunt is so much better at hooker , but we keep giving him a go in the halves when lockyer or wallace are out , norman needs to start and play the full 80

Dingus

Juniors
Attack last week was ok, got in three tries against a team, which for the majority of the year, were the second best defensive unit. This especially considering we previously beat the eels 10 6. Then add in a forward for lockyer, you would be lead to believe defense would tighten and the broncos wouldn't concede 30 points. 14 should have been enough.

I think if lockyer is out, the broncos need to play to their strengths and accept that points will be harder to come by. This is what they did during the origin period when locky was out or backing up against sharks, eagles and eels as well as the tigers which was lost on the buzzer.

They held the dragons to 4, three weeks ago on a dry sunday afternoon, and the dragons average 20+ points a game. A similar approach will win 2 of the next 3 games and reduce pressure on the playmakers.

Defence, not norman, wallace or gilett is the key

Big Pete

Referee
Round 24 Line Up
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Te'o
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

Big Pete

Referee
Even with Mullen there, we can beat them.

I read an article on Lockyer's injury on NRL.com and Henjak conceded he wouldn't move Norman again. Basically his reasoning was that Norman was still a little cold having played for a different team for the past couple of months and he feared he wouldn't be up for the physicality of first grade so he started with Gillett to soften the impact on Norman. He admitted it didn't go to plan and he'll start with Corey this week.

Good move too, as it makes Gillett a weapon again and up against the Knights who are soft around the fringes I believe it'll make a huge difference.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Worse than Lockyer?

I really hope we don't ball watch as Gidley could tear us to shreds like Carney did a couple of weeks back.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Good to hear that Norman will get the starting job. I understand where Henjak is coming from by starting Gillett and i may have done the same thing if i was in his position so i can't really blame him. Any news on when Kenny is back?

Country Bronco

Juniors
`I think most of our attack will be directed at the middle of the ruck. It has worked previously and I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
Why ?? Norman can tackle... He just had an off night against the Eels. Looked in all sorts I reckon because he didn't get to start the game.

I agree Norman can tackle, also the month in the U20s wouldn't have done him any good IMO he'll be better this week especially if he starts and gets into the game early.

renouf

Juniors
If thats the case, then we've got a lot of problems in the forwards. We've got T'eo playing in the frontrow, and hes not even a frontrower.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
What does everyone think the solution to poor reffering decisions are? Personally i would like to take it back to one ref on the field and all the Video Ref can rule on is the grounding. I think the rest should be left up to the on field ref and the touchies.

Latest posts