What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Souths

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Mate, honestly, you can't tell me most wingers in the comp are bigger than him in terms of size across the chest, shoulders, legs, arms. You're kidding yourself if you're trying to pass off other wingers being taller and therefore somehow bigger than him in an attempt to glorify Ravalawa's ability
You don’t give up
I’m not trying to glorify his ability as you put it. I’m saying he has passion in bucket loads more than most is a great finisher which in reality is a wingers main role but needs a good coach to teach him the finer points of a modern days winger
Also Why not check the weight of all the wingers then and see where he fits in there.
That’s it I’m over this topic now

Parko1310

Juniors
You don’t give up
I’m not trying to glorify his ability as you put it. I’m saying he has passion in bucket loads more than most is a great finisher which in reality is a wingers main role but needs a good coach to teach him the finer points of a modern days winger
Also Why not check the weight of all the wingers then and see where he fits in there.
That’s it I’m over this topic now
You asked me a question, what do you mean I don't give up? I'm here having a discussion with you and answering questions you ask about something we disagree on, and that's okay. It's not an argument. If it's been taken that way, it's been twisted. My position is that Ravalawa isn't good enough for reasons I've outlined and you've outlined why you think he is good enough. And that's perfectly fine. When I make a 100% valid point about why Ravalawa is bigger than most wingers whilst not being taller (in answer to your question), there's no need to make it out like I don't give up as if it's some sort of argument. Anyway, have a great day

dungay dragon

Juniors
You get me very wrong. Ravalawa close to the goal line is almost unstoppable, I never denied that. I also say you get me wrong because I am not usually one to blame a winger for an overlap, but in his case he creates overlaps himself at times. There were multiple occasions yesterday where if Ravalawa doesn't race in, there is no problem at all because Moses Suli is sliding out. That means it is indeed Ravalawa's fault for the creation of overlaps. There is no need to rush in. He does the same thing constantly.

In regard to IQ, yes he has very little. He doesn't even look like he's aware of the rules half the time.

I'm not "death riding" anyone. I think death riding a player in a club you support is plain stupid. I want nothing more than for him to be the best winger in the comp, that would be great for my team. Why would I "death ride" him or want him to perform badly? What I see and what I want to see though, are very different things. He simply isn't that good an overall player.
Well said Parko , spot on
His defence in the first half was cringeworthy , and to make matters worse , just stood still and didnt bother to turn and chase down the opposition attackers.
Compared to Feagai hes a super star
Mentioned previously i would produce him in short sharp spurts and have him charging at the opposition forwards, even as an inter change
Just saying.
Surely Tamale and Lobb are worth a try , at this late stage

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You get me very wrong. Ravalawa close to the goal line is almost unstoppable, I never denied that. I also say you get me wrong because I am not usually one to blame a winger for an overlap, but in his case he creates overlaps himself at times. There were multiple occasions yesterday where if Ravalawa doesn't race in, there is no problem at all because Moses Suli is sliding out. That means it is indeed Ravalawa's fault for the creation of overlaps. There is no need to rush in. He does the same thing constantly.

In regard to IQ, yes he has very little. He doesn't even look like he's aware of the rules half the time.

I'm not "death riding" anyone. I think death riding a player in a club you support is plain stupid. I want nothing more than for him to be the best winger in the comp, that would be great for my team. Why would I "death ride" him or want him to perform badly? What I see and what I want to see though, are very different things. He simply isn't that good an overall player.
And just when I thought I had you convinced.

Dragon David

First Grade
As soon as I saw the replay I thought Mitchell was off-side but the pass got through where it counts - the bloody" bumker" - how this was not ruled off-side is just a joke. What is the damned use having the useless technology if the human looking at it is bloody biased.

Parko1310

Juniors
Was just having a look at the player stats from yesterday's game and wanted to mention both Toby and Ryan Couchman were our only players with 100% tackle efficiency. Ryan Couchman in 51 mins played made 35 tackles for 0 misses and Toby in 32 mins made 22 tackles for 0 misses. Great effort from two 19 year olds. Players we will need to hold close, they're exactly what we need. Hard workers who will never let you down, and their impact is only going to get better.

rasaint

Juniors
Apropos to my recent thread on this post about how our patched up team are at least staying in the mix. Also, we have missed out on rub of the green decisions for weeks now ( like other low rated teams).

Anyway Raiders absolutely flogged by nearly 50 and the big $$$ Gus/ Ciraldo team also flogged by 40 old points.

I think Rava is a tremendous attacking winger. Many of his try’s are scored in heavy traffic Not all pass and catch and dive over easy stuff. His 95kg published weight on a 179 cm body and acceptable speed ( not high end speed) make him powerful. In defence, I wish he would stop running in and usually arriving late leaving a gapping overlap.

BLM01

First Grade
Seriously the post match interviews were better during the players strike.
At least then Carr didn’t have Mr sad sack sitting next to him.
yeh.. but that goes for any losing player at a press conference. They are all about the same, no one wants to be there.
People are being harsh on Hunt re PC's because of what he has done in recent times and he deserves mud for that... but seriously
Reed Mahoney takes the cake. Ricky shot all his players. No captain turned up to theirs.

Last edited:

Gippsy

Bench
Was just having a look at the player stats from yesterday's game and wanted to mention both Toby and Ryan Couchman were our only players with 100% tackle efficiency. Ryan Couchman in 51 mins played made 35 tackles for 0 misses and Toby in 32 mins made 22 tackles for 0 misses. Great effort from two 19 year olds. Players we will need to hold close, they're exactly what we need. Hard workers who will never let you down, and their impact is only going to get better.
Can the Couchmen become our starting backrowers? Because, apart from S'ua, we are bloody weak there?

Parko1310

Juniors
Can the Couchmen become our starting backrowers? Because, apart from S'ua, we are bloody weak there?
Perhaps, but the club seem to think that they're middle forwards. I could see maybe Ryan going to left edge, but I think Toby will stay in the middle and be a prop/lock going into the future. The other thing to think about is young Egan who the club has big wraps on. Where does he fit? Not to mention Tsougranis and Ackers. All these guys are these real hard-working forwards our club has craved for so long, but they're a while off yet and they can't all fit into the 17 even in the future. More than likely, a few of these guys will have to leave down the track. Spoilt for choice really if these guys are as good as they're talked up to be. It's a really solid base, and you just need some strike power around them. Exciting stuff if they all click around the same time.

rasaint

Juniors
The Couchman twins look solid and maybe very good with the final little growth spurt and further filling out ( say 5 to 7 extra kilos) into their early 20s.

Still we have all heard of the ‘next big things coming through’ that haven’t really eventuated. Certainly, the Feagai twins were in that expectation. I have heard of Egan who went well against St Helens has big wraps. Looked a bit like a Lance Thompson build ( not that big). Coric looks powerful but done ACL. Anyway, as not a lot of quality to buy next year I think Flanno is having to pick the best of the younger brigade and Couchman’s definitely NRL standard.

I do hope that Sua stays on past 2024, he is a quality backrower.