What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Souths

justadragon

Bench
If anyone can convince me that Hunt hasn't been checked out since SSO I'll be most impressed. For all the beloved Dragons captains that have gone before him, he is just a total disgrace. Please explain to me how the youngsters are supposed to follow him and play for him. Check out the PC , he doesn't want to be there !!!

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, of cpurse, we have a weak roster of players agreed.

Yesterday, our team generally kept pace with South’s who had nearly all ’ big guns’ available and we were missing 3 SOO players in the forwards, never had Cody lace a boot this season and bird and Lomax out I probably missed someone.

We missed the rub of the green again ok. There are other teams with a much better roster who in recent weeks have been slaughtered. We haven’t. At least what players were on the park for us gave their best. South’s got a few nice piggy back penalties also. I can’t remember but we didn’t get much.

It will be interesting if that ‘forward pass technology comes to be implemented boy there is going to be a lot of stoppage for all teams. NRL better be careful what you wish for. The forward gigacounter will be going crazy every second play haha. Lead up to 1 st South’s try whilst well constructed had two forward passes especially the one to Taren Milne. At least Ref picked up a couple of others.

Parko1310

Juniors
Has scored 19 tries this year. We haven’t had a player crack the 20’s since Blacklock or B Moz.
When you're that big and strong running at generally smaller men, and your team exclusively goes to your wing to take a shot at scoring, you should be scoring 20. It's not that amazing when you look at context. As I said, he's good at running straight really hard, which gets him over the top of most wingers. Unfortunately, he's completely clueless defensively, has no football IQ, isn't athletic so can't dive for the corner, hasn't got much pace, isn't an aerial threat, can't pass a ball as a first grade footballer, can't (or refuses to) step inside when needed. I'm sure there's more I've missed. He's so far off what a lot of people think he is as a player

Rocket Rod

Juniors
When you're that big and strong running at generally smaller men, and your team exclusively goes to your wing to take a shot at scoring, you should be scoring 20. It's not that amazing when you look at context. As I said, he's good at running straight really hard, which gets him over the top of most wingers. Unfortunately, he's completely clueless defensively, has no football IQ, isn't athletic so can't dive for the corner, hasn't got much pace, isn't an aerial threat, can't pass a ball as a first grade footballer, can't (or refuses to) step inside when needed. I'm sure there's more I've missed. He's so far off what a lot of people think he is as a player
What Rava has is passion! More than most and he tries hard. All those things you mentioned can be coached and let’s face it he has had shit coaches so far. Let’s see what flanno can do with him. Also not many wingers could or would have got those 4 pies the other week. His strength to stay in touch is incredible. And there are not many smaller players as you state in the NRL these days.
Most wingers are bigger than him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nah, wrong on few points there. Rava knows his way to the goal line. Given the opportunity I'd back him 9 times out of 10. His ball return is top notch and a great relief to the forwards.
Defensively he gets confronted with overlaps, not a winger's fault when that happens.
In Rugby League, picking on wingers for their defence is flawed logic. I respectively suggest you look closer to the ruck.
He has no football IQ? Well that's just silly.
Best winger in the Club. Has his share of death riders, no good reason for that.
But not going to convince you.

Old Timer

Coach
You obviously have blinkers on yourself when you evaluate Rava and his worth to the team.
You obviously have missed integral moments where he has perfectly drawn and passed to a support.
Dumb game plans and even dumber defensive set ups are very much to blame as to how we look in analysis as are a plethora of people who are arm grabbers defending well inside Rava.

Parko1310

Juniors
Nah, wrong on few points there. Rava knows his way to the goal line. Given the opportunity I'd back him 9 times out of 10. His ball return is top notch and a great relief to the forwards.
Defensively he gets confronted with overlaps, not a winger's fault when that happens.
In Rugby League, picking on wingers for their defence is flawed logic. I respectively suggest you look closer to the ruck.
He has no football IQ? Well that's just silly.
Best winger in the Club. Has his share of death riders, no good reason for that.
But not going to convince you.
You get me very wrong. Ravalawa close to the goal line is almost unstoppable, I never denied that. I also say you get me wrong because I am not usually one to blame a winger for an overlap, but in his case he creates overlaps himself at times. There were multiple occasions yesterday where if Ravalawa doesn't race in, there is no problem at all because Moses Suli is sliding out. That means it is indeed Ravalawa's fault for the creation of overlaps. There is no need to rush in. He does the same thing constantly.

In regard to IQ, yes he has very little. He doesn't even look like he's aware of the rules half the time.

I'm not "death riding" anyone. I think death riding a player in a club you support is plain stupid. I want nothing more than for him to be the best winger in the comp, that would be great for my team. Why would I "death ride" him or want him to perform badly? What I see and what I want to see though, are very different things. He simply isn't that good an overall player.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
You get me very wrong. Ravalawa close to the goal line is almost unstoppable, I never denied that. I also say you get me wrong because I am not usually one to blame a winger for an overlap, but in his case he creates overlaps himself at times. There were multiple occasions yesterday where if Ravalawa doesn't race in, there is no problem at all because Moses Suli is sliding out. That means it is indeed Ravalawa's fault for the creation of overlaps. There is no need to rush in. He does the same thing constantly.

In regard to IQ, yes he has very little. He doesn't even look like he's aware of the rules half the time.

I'm not "death riding" anyone. I think death riding a player in a club you support is plain stupid. I want nothing more than for him to be the best winger in the comp, that would be great for my team. Why would I "death ride" him or want him to perform badly? What I see and what I want to see though, are very different things. He simply isn't that good an overall player.
Mate give it up I’m pretty sure most nrl clubs would take him if he was on the market. He just needs proper coaching like all our players do especially our captain

Parko1310

Juniors
What Rava has is passion! More than most and he tries hard. All those things you mentioned can be coached and let’s face it he has had shit coaches so far. Let’s see what flanno can do with him. Also not many wingers could or would have got those 4 pies the other week. His strength to stay in touch is incredible. And there are not many smaller players as you state in the NRL these days.
Most wingers are bigger than him.
Most wingers may be taller than him, they aren't bigger.

Parko1310

Juniors
Haaa what’s the definition of bigger?
Mate, honestly, you can't tell me most wingers in the comp are bigger than him in terms of size across the chest, shoulders, legs, arms. You're kidding yourself if you're trying to pass off other wingers being taller and therefore somehow bigger than him in an attempt to glorify Ravalawa's ability

Parko1310

Juniors
Haaa what’s the definition of bigger?
For reference, Dominic Young, who is 2 metres tall, is only 1 kg heavier than Ravalawa who is only 184cm tall. Therefore, Ravalawa must have a considerably bigger body to make up for his lack of height. That is what bigger is