What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs: Friday 30th August 8:00pm @Mt Smart Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Well I am beyond excited for this game!! Beyond excited, I absolutely can't wait!! For me, this is one of the most exciting games of the year and I have been waiting for this weeks since the Draw came out last October. Now that's not really because of who we're playing, it's because I am going to this game!!!! Being a Kiwi, I only really get the chance to see my Bunnies play live once if they have a game in New Zealand so this is huge for me! God, I can't wait.

I'm actually feeling like this will be a really good game too. With Manly winning last night, we simply cannot afford to drop this game, it is a must win. We need to back up last weeks performance and show that is was not a one enough, show that we have turned the corner or else we could be in trouble against a Warriors side with that bounce back factor. They'll be fired up for their last game at home so we'll need to be on no doubt.

Obviously we'll be with Jimmy, Tom and Burnsy but hopefully Sam will be good to go and there's some talk that AJ might finally return too which will be a boost.

Gee I'm already excited and it's only Monday!! Can't wait to get out there and cheer on the boys.

callmack1

Staff member
Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
NZ are a side focused on the end of the season. Leaked 40+ in 3 of their past 4 games and are on a 1-4 run over their last 5 starts.
With Manly hosting Melbourne and Canberra away to Cronulla, there is every opportunity to get back into the top 4 with a win. Lose however and everything that was achieved last week goes to waste.

Should win imo, hopefully by a PD booster but not likely as NZ are tougher at home. And hopefully a couple of results open up 3rd or 4th spot.

Crowe

Juniors
I am disappointed Roberts is suspended for the next couple of weeks. I would have like to seen Gags stay left centre. He looked very good with the extra room on the left.
Now we probably see Turner play left and Gags back to the right edge.

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted Line Up for this week,

1. Doueihi
2. Allan
3. Gagai
4. Turner
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. S.Burgess (C)
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Sutton
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Johnston
15. Su'A
16. Nicholls
17. Tatola

I think Sam and AJ will both be named, they may pull out later in the week but they'll be named. There is also some talk that AJ will be named on the bench and play 40 minutes in his return. Turner will be back, I think he plugs the left centre role with Gags shifting back to the right. I also prefer Su'A on the bench and Lowe should now be fired up after being dropped last week so I want him straight back in the starting side.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Round 24 NRL Line Up to play Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/27/round-24-nrl-line-up-to-play-warriors/

A couple of interesting selections there with AJ on the wing and Graham in the centres but I'm happy with it! A strong looking Line Up! Will be great to see AJ finally back alongside Turner and hopefully Sam will be all sweet too, sounds like he will be!

Loving Johnston on the wing as I think Doueihi’s been pretty good for someone that’s played little fullback. Johnston for a Hatrick on his return.

callmack1

Staff member
Loving Johnston on the wing as I think Doueihi’s been pretty good for someone that’s played little fullback. Johnston for a Hatrick on his return.
Welcome back mate, good to hear from ya! I agree with you there.

"We need to bring that intensity week-in-week-out" - Nicholls: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...g-that-intensity-week-in-week-out---nicholls/

"Key individuals really stepped up for us" - Su'A: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/27/key-individuals-really-stepped-up-for-us---sua/

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Insider Round 24: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/28/rabbitohs-insider-round-24/

Oh my, oh my.... What an episode!! If you haven't already go and watch the feature at the end with Mike Whitney because it is an amazing story. So friggin emotional. I'm literally sitting here right now with goosebumps and tears in my eyes. I am seriously moved by that story about our fightback and to think that our club that we all love so much might not even be here today without people like Whitney is just incredible. Gee, I am emotional after that wow.

callmack1

Staff member
It's finally that time of the week again!! Game Day!! I could not be more excited because I have been waiting for this game all year. Cannot wait to head up to Mt Smart today and see the boys play live, I seriously can't wait. No doubt I'll come home with no voice tonight haha.

In terms of the game we really, really need to be on. It's the Warriors last home game and the crowd is meant to be decent, plus, they'll be fired up to make up for some poor performances. I feel they'll come out and throw some caution to the wind so we need to be ready for that. We need to start fast and find some momentum early because if the Warriors have a really good start, they'll find some confidence and the crowd will come into it. We can't let that happen. So yea, we need to be at our best otherwise last week's game means nothing. I know the boys can do it!

Might be a wet game so I'll probably get satched but if I'm out there supporting the club that I love, I don't care!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's finally that time of the week again!! Game Day!! I could not be more excited because I have been waiting for this game all year. Cannot wait to head up to Mt Smart today and see the boys play live, I seriously can't wait. No doubt I'll come home with no voice tonight haha.

In terms of the game we really, really need to be on. It's the Warriors last home game and the crowd is meant to be decent, plus, they'll be fired up to make up for some poor performances. I feel they'll come out and throw some caution to the wind so we need to be ready for that. We need to start fast and find some momentum early because if the Warriors have a really good start, they'll find some confidence and the crowd will come into it. We can't let that happen. So yea, we need to be at our best otherwise last week's game means nothing. I know the boys can do it!

Might be a wet game so I'll probably get satched but if I'm out there supporting the club that I love, I don't care!!

Pretty hyped for you man. Going to the games is a much better experience than watching it at home but that’s a personal preference.

Travitoh

First Grade
Young Blood by The Naked And Famous is a good tune but it's almost 10 years old now and doesn't need to be played on repeat over the speakers.

Last edited: