What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Fangs

Coach
On today the roosters flog us Kenny back will help but Cleary is a must

It might sound like a cop out to some but for me it's false equivalence.

We didn't prepare to play the Roosters. We went on a crap road trip to Canberra with an injured team hoping to scrap two points. And we almost did that outside of Luai's brain fade.

We don't play with so much width today if it's the Roosters. And we play them in Sydney, in a finals match. That's the likely scenario. I can't read into today's game and think about how the Roosters would handle it.

Iamback

Coach
That isn't going to happen and you know that.

We are finishing top 4. The priority is avoiding a road trip to Melbourne. I don't care where we play in Sydney we win any of those games.

You trust us to certainly put both teams away?

I don't trust the team

unKwn

Juniors
Because our attack has nothing if we don't. It's that or Yeo setting something up, we have nothing else
Getting down the field isn’t our issue. The early spreads in our end are fine. It’s when Bizza would take a hit up and offload the ball out the back to no one that confuses me

Fangs

Coach
exactly i think there’s some serious overections going on here. We are down on form no doubt I’d say we are at 65-70 percent right now. 2nd place finish is still entrirely possible even in our current form. Obviously it needs to improve if we want to do anything in the finals.

Yes.

Put it this way, if there were genuinely great teams I'd be worried.

The other contenders simply aren't that good. If the Broncos of 2023 were playing I'd say we will lose the premiership. Instead we have a bang average Storm team and a Roosters side that looks better in attack but is still ill disciplined and couldn't beat us down troops earlier this year. It was a carbon copy of previous Roosters games.

It's 2024 we should react accordingly. We aren't playing that well but with Cleary it's still the team to beat.

WestyLife

First Grade
down on form definitely but I didn’t see a lack of effort costing us that game. Just a lack of execution.

Maybe you're right there's a lot of interpretation from me but looking at them they don't look happy to be there at all. Laurie was downright miserable and almost needed a welfare check after having a try confirmed.

The Realist

Juniors
I don’t get the idea that the efforts not there. We dominated field position and possession that whole second half. Forwards did what they had to do. Even the backs were solid besides Laurie’s errors. The spine just didn’t get it done.

Yep and that's on the coach and Luai. Fox were talking all game about how great Luai was but even BEFORE the intercept he was poor considering all the possession and field possession we had. Putting a few good grubbers through and getting some repeat sets is not the entirety of the halfbacks job.

I feel so sorry for Yeo. Best player on the ground by a mile 2 games in a row and put in huge efforts but the spastics around him couldn't do their jobs properly.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Unfortunately, this is now officially our worst regular season in the 2020's with the 7th loss today. Historically I have been more than happy being in this kind of position with 2 rounds to go if it weren't for the fact that we'd won the last 3 premierships, and any loss seems to be a crisis now.

We might have to lower our expectations as well. Our squad has been stretched this season and the short comings have been exposed with some pretty average players getting more game time. If we make even 4th under those circumstances, it's a good result.

unKwn

Juniors
Yes.

Put it this way, if there were genuinely great teams I'd be worried.

The other contenders simply aren't that good. If the Broncos of 2023 were playing I'd say we will lose the premiership. Instead we have a bang average Storm team and a Roosters side that looks better in attack but is still ill disciplined and couldn't beat us down troops earlier this year. It was a carbon copy of previous Roosters games.

It's 2024 we should react accordingly. We aren't playing that well but with Cleary it's still the team to beat.
That’s with our full team but if Clearys shoulder goes at any point during the finals we are so fkd

Michael Matral

Juniors
I hope we fire up next week to begin our finals charge..lots of upsets at the moment so no panic required yet.just some team position tweaks needed. Nobody looks formidable at the moment..Storm deserve favouritism at this stage though