What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Sharks

Old Timer

Coach
I didn’t say that, i said if you want to be fair judge both coaches second seasons. You just twist everyones comments to suit your narrative
I’m not twisting anything I’m merely pointing out what he said and how it is panning out.

He never said it all happens in the 2nd year he was saying this us what you get from him as coach from the get go however you and others are cutting him slack that he never asked for trying to deflect the words from the coach’s own mouth.

You want to take it as some attack on him rather than realising I’m simply asking where is the improvement other than the ladder position.

Glimpses and cameos are evident in 2024 but they were also evident at given times under Mary & Hook but the issue was there was no ingrained sustainability nor was it highly repetitive then nor is it now so one has to wonder why that is after all he is a highly credentialed premiership winning coach.

You cant ignore the roster (and the other 16 teams rosters) when comparing coaches.. the closest comparison would be 2023 Griffin with 2024 Flanagan, which is basically the same roster.. and very very very different results.

I dont even understand what the point of comparing them is though.... the question should be... are we finally moving forward now?... by all metrics thats a yes, and ive heard that internally the existing staff at the club finally feel part of a professional organisation now.. something they never did under previous coaches.
As great as Flanagan has done with the current side under his care, I don’t see a long term future for a lot of those players - Feagais, RFM, Bird, Hunt, Eisenhuth, Sloan, Lawrie. Doubt many of those will be around for more than a season and that’s a conservative list.

He has convinced me one thing though. He can coach.

When you consider how much coach bashing has gone on in this forum the last 13 years, that’s a really refreshing and comforting thing to feel secure about.

Recruitment is the #1 issue and unfortunately is a system problem bigger than just our club. Until we bring in the players we are worthy of, we are kind of wasting time bar giving some game experience to Couchmans. Not that I don’t think those players don’t try, they just aren’t what we need.

TheRev

Coach
As great as Flanagan has done with the current side under his care, I don’t see a long term future for a lot of those players - Feagais, RFM, Bird, Hunt, Eisenhuth, Sloan, Lawrie. Doubt many of those will be around for more than a season and that’s a conservative list.

He has convinced me one thing though. He can coach.

When you consider how much coach bashing has gone on in this forum the last 13 years, that’s a really refreshing and comforting thing to feel secure about.

Recruitment is the #1 issue and unfortunately is a system problem bigger than just our club. Until we bring in the players we are worthy of, we are kind of wasting time bar giving some game experience to Couchmans. Not that I don’t think those players don’t try, they just aren’t what we need.
Yar and tbf he is trying to sign younger guys in their peak.. but they just arent interested.. hes going to have to do it in a number of phases.. maybe by the time we roll around to 2027 or 2028.. if things keep going well.. that roster is at a point, and we have the respect to attract a younger/better quality of player... lot of things have to go right though.. and we have to hope Flanno can keep those 30-31yr olds firing.. thats also why hes been careful with contract lengths.. he wants them hungry.. same with JDB.. made him fo year to year.. rly held out on that.

But agree I dont think any of our roster are longtermers bar maybe Couchies.. isnt that awful though.. to not have favourites coming through... I cant remember a time when we didnt have promising kids we loved in first grade.

I’m not twisting anything I’m merely pointing out what he said and how it is panning out.

He never said it all happens in the 2nd year he was saying this us what you get from him as coach from the get go however you and others are cutting him slack that he never asked for trying to deflect the words from the coach’s own mouth.

You want to take it as some attack on him rather than realising I’m simply asking where is the improvement other than the ladder position.

Glimpses and cameos are evident in 2024 but they were also evident at given times under Mary & Hook but the issue was there was no ingrained sustainability nor was it highly repetitive then nor is it now so one has to wonder why that is after all he is a highly credentialed premiership winning coach.
Literally "What he said"?

And those word were for O.T.'s benefit in setting his own personal KPI's for Flanno? (We already are fully aware of ur opinion)

Those words from Flanno instilled hope for the fans but more importantly, those word were for the players - 'This is what I expect.'

Those that failed badly will go but you can't terminate them all in one season. He never promised finals in 2024 yet here we are in top 8 with two rounds to go.

You take his words so literally we should be 20 wins from 20 starts

So when it comes to a PROMISE', not sliced and diced literal 'words', Flanno has delivered.

Latest posts