What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Bunnies (Goodbye Corey)

Dragsters

First Grade
I’ve been a big critic of Dufty but he deserves a last hurrah way more than Corey does. This is just wrong.

I'm not so sure.

I was a big fan of Dufty and thought he had developed a terrific passing game.

But his abysmal efforts in both the (crucial to our top 8 hopes games) against the raiders and roosters he was recalled for, when he looked totally disinterested, was enough for me to not see him don the red v again...

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
It’s just stubbornness not playing Sullivan at 7 for this game… in at least what will now be Normans last game in the NRL.
Hook's persistence in picking Norman despite his underwhelming performances week after week is my main gripe with Hook's coaching so far. If it is stubbornness then it is a serious character flaw in a coach. If it is a belief that Norman could suddenly come good and guide the team to glory then I am lost for words. Thank heaven there is less than 2 days to go until Norman will only be seen in our rear view mirror.

Crush

Coach
Norman has copped a lot of hate on this forum. I suppose much of it deserved. I hope he has a blinder against the Rabbits and signs off from the Dragons in style..
It’s not hatred, it’s just frustration. And it’s more on Hook than Corey.
Id much prefer that Adam Clune was selected and given a proper send off.
This bloke is an Illawarra junior that’s played all his career with us. Surely he deserves at least a bench spot as a thankyou? Clune would no doubt cherish that moment. Instead Corey gets the nod, I’m not sure what it all means anymore.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Norman has copped a lot of hate on this forum. I suppose much of it deserved. I hope he has a blinder against the Rabbits and signs off from the Dragons in style..
I don’t hate Norman, he took a juicy contract. Fair play to him. Problem I have is for a marquee player fee he has not delivered anything of note. In reality we have had a huge chunk of salary invested in a Norman and Hunt and they have not delivered many match winning performances together. We have hunt for two more years after he took up his player option so trying to work out how we best utilise him whilst not slowing the development of Sullivan and Amone. Perhaps he is the foil for McCullough at hooker, but why sign Mbye..so many questions…

denis preston

First Grade
This bloke is an Illawarra junior that’s played all his career with us. Surely he deserves at least a bench spot as a thankyou? Clune would no doubt cherish that moment. Instead Corey gets the nod, I’m not sure what it all means anymore.
AND the 800k plus eating into our salary cap for nothing !

TruSaint

Referee

Yep.

Clune deserved a run, however I can understand playing Norman. He has been picked week in, week out by both Mary and Hook.

After all these months, if Griffin was to drop Norman , for a game that means zip, is an insult to the fan base. He should have given Clune a run, as a thank you as well.

I have been critical of Norman like all of us have. Fact is, he doesnt pick himself. It's on the coaches.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yep.

Clune deserved a run, however I can understand playing Norman. He has been picked week in, week out by both Mary and Hook.

After all these months, if Griffin was to drop Norman , for a game that means zip, is an insult to the fan base. He should have given Clune a run, as a thank you as well.

I have been critical of Norman like all of us have. Fact is, he doesnt pick himself. It's on the coaches.
Well said

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Game day!!!
Last time we see our lads run around for a while, hoping we finish with a win, a loss to second grade bunnies would be demoralising. I think we win by a field goal.
I ALWAYS hope for a win. If we get it, it will make for a much sweeter off season. After today finishes, I don't give a rats as to who wins the premiership.

Last edited: