What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 Vs Cowboys @ QCB Stadium

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally, I’m not a fan of resting players unless they have a Niggling injury or two.

Given this game us away in Townsville, I can understand the decision.

Im looking forward to see all our debutants hope they do us proud.

Enjoying a few days here on Magnetic Island and looking forward to the game on Saturday night. Will wear our colours with pride regardless of the outcome.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Personally, I’m not a fan of resting players unless they have a Niggling injury or two.

Given this game us away in Townsville, I can understand the decision.

Im looking forward to see all our debutants hope they do us proud.

Enjoying a few days here on Magnetic Island and looking forward to the game on Saturday night. Will wear our colours with pride regardless of the outcome.
Not the game you expected but will be cool to be there to see Jenkins and Cole debut

Didn't the team win 8 straight after playing 0 games in 6 months? What's your point? They won't be match fit?
This way they pretty much have the finals squad fit, and training together for almost 2 weeks.

That‘s hardly the same thing. You’re coming up against other teams that haven’t played as well. I’m particularly concerned with how little our halves will have played.

As I said, I get the need to rest some, just not sure about all 13.

How hard do you think the Cows will go? Will be hard to get up for this one I would think; weakened team to play, eyes on the big prize the week after.

They‘ve still got a shot at a home final, so they’ll go very hard. (Admittedly it’s unlikely as the Knights will have to beat the Sharks)

Smug Panther

First Grade
That‘s hardly the same thing. You’re coming up against other teams that haven’t played as well. I’m particularly concerned with how little our halves will have played.

Fair concerns but if our fresh forwards and back 3 make the meters Nathan will kick us to victory no matter who we play

Kilkenny

Coach
Not the game you expected but will be cool to be there to see Jenkins and Cole debut
Absolutely mate, we booked this trip at start of the season, wife and I are retired, we are in the fortunate position of being able to do a game or two interstate each season and we just chose this one at the start of the season not knowing at the time how our season would unfold. I’ve been wearing my Panthers colours last couple of days since we’ve been here and have been coping it. The Panthers are definitely not everyone’s second favourite team here in Townsville. Bit surprised.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wouldnt be suprised to see sorensen drop off and geyer make his debut too.
Riki would be more deserving of a debut than Maverick Geyer in my opinion. He’s been injury free, played almost all games in NSW Cup while Geyer has had an injury interrupted season again. Geyer needs a really good off season for 2023, bulk up a bit and develop his skill base, tighten his defence.

maple_69

Bench
Pumped to see Jenkins and Turuva go around as well as the Luke/Kenny rotation in action. Henry looks a real goer as well. I expect these guys to stick around more than most think and probably just lack the class/experience to get it done.

Cows 26
Panthers Cup 16

Iamback

Coach
Luai certainly didn't look under done, nor the Fish.
Missing this game doesn't mean putting the feet up. It will be an intense, uninterupted preparation specifically suited to a finals campaign.
If we don't win the comp, it won't be because players missed this game. It will be because another team has closed the gap.

Luai played July 23
Played on Friday. Next game will be 14 days later, then the aim will be to play another game 14 days later.

2 games in 7 weeks, You didn't see any rust on him? Atleast early on we were rusty.

Throw in a number 7 with even longer out. Certainly the guys who missed games in the last month could of played

age.s

First Grade
Very excited to see how many of these players handle the step up to first grade. There's obviously nowhere near enough experience in the squad to expect a win, but I would expect to see certain players put their hand up as men who can handle the marked increase in pressure and quality that will be coming at them. They will have a ton to play for and it'll be nice having players give above 100% in what would otherwise be a dead rubber for the club.

And who knows. This time last year very few people had heard of Ruben Cotter and Jeremiah Nanai.

Iamback

Coach

I share those Concerns. The handful of guys that didn't miss a game over the last month, Should of missed out but time will tell I guess

hindy111

Post Whore
The only possible worry for you guys might be and this is only a possible.
Nathan's been out for 5 weeks. Will come back first week of finals and if win off again. 1 game in basically 2 months. Will he be rusty?
I don't know. I would of given Luai 30 mins this game personaly.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Another concern I have for this game is that it will show the rest of the league how good our juniors are.
I imagine the likes of Bennett will be watching this game very closely. Picking some talent for his new team.

Latest posts