What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Titans

BLM01

First Grade
16 is our bench mark for McMediocrity
Dragons win in extra time 17-16. Widdop finally kicks a field goal..1st one for the Dragons..and goes out in style the way he deserves.
Mary proud of the team and effort put in which is a positive and mood that can be taken into our pre-season but....
Cancels Mad Monday and end of season trips so we dont forget what we learnt from Saturday nights epic win.
We start training for 2020 Monday 9th Sept.

russell border

Juniors
Planned a weekend up there 6 months ago. Now thinking that watching on tv in the apartment or at a pub might be a better idea. Any suggestions for pubs around Coolongatta?

My prediction :

Saints will beat the Titans 30-26 after leading 38-4 at half-time. (Two of the tries were from kicks, so they don't count. ) Half the team falls asleep during Mary's motivational half-time address, while Tyson is so busy on the phone to his agent organising a move to the Roosters that he neglects to come out of the sheds for the second half. Notwithstanding the absentee, Josh Kerr remains seated on the bench for the duration of the game.
At the end of the match the Dragons players swap jerseys with their opponents to avoid being lynched by travelling Saints fans on their way out of the ground, They are, ironically, lynched by torch-wielding Titans fans. The board applies for a salary cap exemption to replace the 16 victims but no relief is forthcoming. Instead a deal is struck by the club with the robotics division of Sony to replace the players with intelligent robots. Unfortunately as they are intelligent robots they critically malfunction when programmed with Mary's tactics. As a result, no-one can tell the difference between the Dragons of 2020 and the Dragons of 2019.
In the most bizarre and unexpected twist of all, all 15 other clubs are stripped of their competition points and the Dragons win the competition 4-0 on Grand Final day in an unopposed training run before a crowd of almost dozens. An ecstatic board re-signs McGregor for the next ten years. With nothing left to live for all of St George-Illawarra's ticketed members commit mass suicide by drinking poisoned Gatorade in the car park of St George Leagues Club while watching a highlights reel of McGregor's press conferences over the last 6 seasons. The highlights reel goes on to win the Best Foreign Language film award at the Oscars.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Last team list Tuesday for 2019 and maybe, just maybe, the last one of McGregor's tenure as coach of the Dragons.

So, will he do the right thing and support the CC team playing their finals game or will he be vindictive enough to want to go out with a win?
Such as I don't think Dufty is eligible for the CC finals but Sailor is. Pearson definitely is eligible but not sure of Rava.

Maybe someone like @George Dragon or @Dragonsamy could enlighten us on who can play in the CC finals.

getsmarty

Immortal
My prediction :

Saints will beat the Titans 30-26 after leading 38-4 at half-time. (Two of the tries were from kicks, so they don't count. ) Half the team falls asleep during Mary's motivational half-time address, while Tyson is so busy on the phone to his agent organising a move to the Roosters that he neglects to come out of the sheds for the second half. Notwithstanding the absentee, Josh Kerr remains seated on the bench for the duration of the game.
At the end of the match the Dragons players swap jerseys with their opponents to avoid being lynched by travelling Saints fans on their way out of the ground, They are, ironically, lynched by torch-wielding Titans fans. The board applies for a salary cap exemption to replace the 16 victims but no relief is forthcoming. Instead a deal is struck by the club with the robotics division of Sony to replace the players with intelligent robots. Unfortunately as they are intelligent robots they critically malfunction when programmed with Mary's tactics. As a result, no-one can tell the difference between the Dragons of 2020 and the Dragons of 2019.
In the most bizarre and unexpected twist of all, all 15 other clubs are stripped of their competition points and the Dragons win the competition 4-0 on Grand Final day in an unopposed training run before a crowd of almost dozens. An ecstatic board re-signs McGregor for the next ten years. With nothing left to live for all of St George-Illawarra's ticketed members commit mass suicide by drinking poisoned Gatorade in the car park of St George Leagues Club while watching a highlights reel of McGregor's press conferences over the last 6 seasons. The highlights reel goes on to win the Best Foreign Language film award at the Oscars.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Mate, you may have missed your calling...LOL

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Last team list Tuesday for 2019 and maybe, just maybe, the last one of McGregor's tenure as coach of the Dragons.

So, will he do the right thing and support the CC team playing their finals game or will he be vindictive enough to want to go out with a win?
Such as I don't think Dufty is eligible for the CC finals but Sailor is. Pearson definitely is eligible but not sure of Rava.

Maybe someone like @George Dragon or @Dragonsamy could enlighten us on who can play in the CC finals.

Dragonslayer
You are correct re Sailor , that he is eligible. Dufty is as well if I'm correct but not sure re Rav will have to check how many games he has played in the NRL and CC cup.
Of course Kerr can also drop back to CC.
I hope they play there strongest team in the CC cup and get a week of.

Angela Smith

Juniors
If the dragons win we should extend Mary another 3 years.. May as well sign him up as we cannot sign anyone else..

Hope the dragons lose by 30. Surely the muppets who run the dragons cant ignore it any longer.. He must go this year..

George Dragon

Juniors

Players eligible to play all finals games
Sailor Pearson Ford Kerr (although he is in don't) players who can't Dufty Host Rava. There are several rules to be eligible, one is that the higher team (NRL) has to still be playing so under that rule all are for this weekend.

George Dragon

Juniors

Also Rava will be lucky he is picked in any team after his brain explosion on the weekend.
He was hooked then left the field and had to be told to get back to the bench.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Dragons win in extra time 17-16. Widdop finally kicks a field goal..1st one for the Dragons..and goes out in style the way he deserves.
Mary proud of the team and effort put in which is a positive and mood that can be taken into our pre-season but....
Cancels Mad Monday and end of season trips so we dont forget what we learnt from Saturday nights epic win.

I'm sure Widdop has kicked at least one field goal for the Dragons. I remember one left footed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Battle of the cellar dwellers on a Saturday evening, expecting a crowd of 2- 3k maybe.
However, the scenario may be:

One team playing for a new coach, whilst the other will be praying for one.

George Dragon

Juniors
Gaz has kicked 5 FG for us
He has already kicked one against the GG to win us the game.

Latest posts