What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Titans

Vinnie

Juniors
So our mastercoach has opted for self preservation rather than the club.
Kerr, Sailor, Robson and Pearson all should be in the CC this week. But no trying to save his job.

Go Titans!!!! (Cant believe I would ever write that)

Wants to show who's Boss, hopefully for the last time !

Qapm

Juniors
So our mastercoach has opted for self preservation rather than the club.
Kerr, Sailor, Robson and Pearson all should be in the CC this week. But no trying to save his job.

Go Titans!!!! (Cant believe I would ever write that)

Spoken like a true Dragons fan and not Dragons coaching or management.

You'd think the Tigers debacle would seal the deal but I hope the Titans can put us out of our misery.

George Dragon

Juniors
The eligibility for CC finals seems pretty complex (or I’m a bit simple, take your pick)

Is there a minimum number of games played for the Dragons in CC? Or a max in firsts?

How does Kaufusi qualify?
There is a few rules but one of them is if the NRL team is still playing all players qualify.
This would be why Host Rava are in the side.

getsmarty

Immortal

TEAM LISTS

Behind enemy lines: Round 25
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 3 Sep 2019, 04:04 PM

The Gold Coast Titans have named a 21-man squad ahead of the Round 25 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at the Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday, September 7.

Kallum Watkins is omitted to the reserves, with Tyrone Peachey named in the centres and AJ Brimson shifting to five-eighth. Jack Stockwell is the new face on the bench.

Moeaki Fotuaika is out. Jai Arrow shifts to the front row, Nathan Peats moves to lock and Mitch Rein returns from suspension at hooker.

Gold Coast Titans' NRL squad for Round 25 v St George Illawarra Dragons –

1. Michael Gordon
2. Jesse Arthars
3. Tyrone Peachey
4. Brian Kelly
5. Phillip Sami
6. AJ Brimson
7. Ryley Jacks
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jai Arrow
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Sam Stone
13. Nathan Peats

Interchange:
14. Tanah Boyd
15. Jai Whitbread
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Jack Stockwell
18. Will Matthews
19. Kallum Watkins
20. Ash Taylor
21. Anthony Don

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/09/03/behind-enemy-lines-round-25/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The eligibility for CC finals seems pretty complex (or I’m a bit simple, take your pick)

Is there a minimum number of games played for the Dragons in CC? Or a max in firsts?

How does Kaufusi qualify?

I think because he was playing in Q Cup which is of an equivalent competition to our CC

hewi

Bench
Since when has Sailor been a winger and the perennial question, why Latimore again why can’t Timms get a go? I’d love to know.

nontime111

Juniors
Spoken like a true Dragons fan and not Dragons coaching or management.

You'd think the Tigers debacle would seal the deal but I hope the Titans can put us out of our misery.
same, its hard to do but our ONLY option if we want to get back to where we belong, always in the top contending for the main prize!

Hello all, longtime reader, first-time poster ... Have heard from a good authority that some of the boys eligible for the CC final are dirty at being selected in the first grade squad this weekend. Don’t know which players my source was referring to but you could probably take an educated guess. Not the best attitude to take into a game, if true, but understandable given some have been up and down all year and/or overlooked too often. Our CC team plays with bags of spirit, where first grade has not done for weeks now. You can’t blame the coach for picking the best team available regardless of the reasons, however it’s clear he must view a potential loss to the Titans as a big trigger for him to be shown the door immediately, pre-review. TBH I felt he looked resigned to that scenario in last week’s PC.

Qapm

Juniors
Hello all, longtime reader, first-time poster ... Have heard from a good authority that some of the boys eligible for the CC final are dirty at being selected in the first grade squad this weekend. Don’t know which players my source was referring to but you could probably take an educated guess. Not the best attitude to take into a game, if true, but understandable given some have been up and down all year and/or overlooked too often. Our CC team plays with bags of spirit, where first grade has not done for weeks now. You can’t blame the coach for picking the best team available regardless of the reasons, however it’s clear he must view a potential loss to the Titans as a big trigger for him to be shown the door immediately, pre-review. TBH I felt he looked resigned to that scenario in last week’s PC.

Thanks InnerWest, you have given me a reason to care about the game.

Go Titans in the Battle of the Bad.

BLM01

First Grade
It is not a must win or out so no biggie
Same could be said to a few clubs not playing in the semis and also are in the CC finals
Penrith & Dogs and i will use Wenty & Mounties cause Parra really cant go any higher than 5th, and Canberra will be 3rd or 4th with a few having to play up a grade

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Round 25: Titans v Dragons preview
Andrew Jackson | September 5 2019 1:46PM

Free-to-air blockbuster awaits as Dragons and Titans face off in highly-anticipated clash

Despite the obvious sarcasm dripping from that opening line, there is still something to play for on Saturday night, more for the home side.

The Titans have not won a game in 10 weeks, showing promising signs early against Newcastle before falling away to a 38-4 defeat.

Their recent run of losses, combined with the quality of opposition, means that it will not surprise if one of the smallest crowds in NRL history turns out for the game.

But that is something that should only rally the Titans to prove to their fans heading into next season that there is a way forward.

Because another heavy loss and this time to the 15th placed Dragons would leave them with little confidence heading into next year as they consider whether to renew their memberships.

Kallum Watkins has been dropped after a disappointing performance in defence, with Tyrone Peachey moving to the centres and AJ Brimson coming into the halves.

Mitch Rein also returns from suspension at hooker seeing Nathan Peats shift to lock and Jai Arrow to prop for the injured Moeaki Fotuaika.

After being agonisingly short of a preliminary finals berth in 2018, the Dragons have suffered a terrible fall from grace this year.

While they were competitive against the Tigers last week, they quickly fell away late and went down convincingly 42-14.

There have been several calls for coach Paul McGregor to be sacked and a loss to the lowly Titans would certainly only give those critics more ammunition.

Along with restoring pride in the jersey, the Dragons will also be farewelling Gareth Widdop who returns to England next year.

In team news, Corey Norman returns from a groin injury and fills in at fullback with Tristan Sailor shifting to wing to replace Zac Lomax (head knock).

Reece Robson is the new face at hooker in place of Cameron McInnes (broken leg).

Jeremy Latimore also comes onto the bench in what will be his final NRL game.

Last meeting: Round 21 2019 - Dragons 40 Titans 28

Who to watch: Ryley Jacks remains off-contract next year and will be looking to prove he deserves another year at the club. Starting in the Storm system, the move hasn't been smooth sailing for Jacks. The 27-year old was a shining light in last week's loss to Newcastle, scoring a try and generally showing plenty of enthusiasm and intent. You could not knock his efforts - he is just now in a team where he will need to work that little bit harder to get plays to come off in attack.

With nothing to lose, look for Gareth Widdop to throw caution to the wind in his final game at the Dragons. Injury has seen Widdop restricted to just nine first-grade appearances this year but he will be able to run out for one last hurrah on Saturday. The Gold Coast's edge defence was terrible against the Knights last week and an experienced playmaker like Widdop could have a field day.

The favourite: The Dragons are favoured to take this one.

My tip: As much as the Titans will want to reward their loyal fans, they won't have enough points to win this one. Dragons by 22.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34057-titans-v-dragons-preview/

Teams:
https://leagueunlimited.com/live-update/show/2010/13195/Teams

Latest posts