What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Knights

Nugget10

Juniors
Sorry guys but I can't see Wallace being dropped next year. He's our captain and Ivan seems to like him.

This is how I see the 2016 Pennies

1. Moylan
2. DWZ
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7. Wallace (c)
8. Merrin
9. Segyaro
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Taylor

14. Peachey
15. Mckendry
16. Latimore
17. Smith/Kikau/Sopagoa

Really take your pick for 17 but that's how I see Ivan going with the starting 13

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Smith isn't a first grader you guys are kidding yourselves and the suggestion of him being a centre to laughable. He's done ok the last few weeks playing against some truly awful sides.

So you are still not wishing him to f**k off and die? That is big of you.

Yeo keeps improving and runs good lines. I thought he'd only be depth but now I think he'll start and Ivan does love him.

To be a legitimate threat this needs to happen
1.DWZ
6. Moylan

martielang

Bench
I think a few of our squad are lucky that Latu and Sopa didn't get a run earlier, both have been exceptional. Katoa and Smith were terrific on debut.

Blake starting to show the talent he has. With Idris looking on his way and a full off season under his belt, he'll be our starting centre IMO. The 'he's not good enough and never will be' brigade are surprisingly silent and he's shown about 20% of what he's capable of.

I'm genuinely excited by our squad next year. Ridiculously hard to fit everyone you want in a 17.

mxlegend99

Referee
Just enjoy the win.

I did. But claiming yesterday win means we should have mon others with a depleted side is just ridiculous.

Look at it from the oppositions side of things. No team should have lost to us since round 3. We have been missing more players or more important players than our opposition in just about every game since then.

Our spine has played 9% of the season together. We won the 2 full games they played and we lost a close one in the third despite playing with Moylan missing for 60+ munutes and Soward for a chunk of the game also.

GongPanther

Referee
Congratulations to the Panthers Under 20 side on winning the minor premiership. This was completely unexpected, the Cowboys losing their first game in a dozen or more starts.

We now play Manly next week, no doubt before one of the Sydney finals.

My guess is First Qualifying Final @ 11:15 a.m. next Saturday at the Sydney Football Stadium.

franklin2323

Immortal
What are u on about no one ever said it was impossible to win any games

Pretty much every game everyone here said we can't win due to injuries

Injuries affect the attack & even some errors. Injuries aren't to blame for falling behind 18-0 early on in a few games & the general flatness during some games.

8/9 games we won conceding 12 or less points. More then enough to allow our scratchy attack to work.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty much every game everyone here said we can't win due to injuries

Injuries affect the attack & even some errors. Injuries aren't to blame for falling behind 18-0 early on in a few games & the general flatness during some games.

8/9 games we won conceding 12 or less points. More then enough to allow our scratchy attack to work.
That's not true.

Put a reserve grade side against an NRL side and what do you think will happen? I'm leaning towards the NRL side running up a big score pretty quickly.

Put an NRL side largely made up of reserve grade players and/or players out of position and you can expect similar results. Hell our side at full strength would be an outsider against teams like Cowboys, Roosters and Broncos. Throw in teams that chop and change each week with reserve graders and blokes out of position. Conceding points quickly is exactly what should be happening.

I swear there are some ridiculous expectations from fans. The salary cap is supposed to level teams at full strength (not that it does). Take out a few players from full strength teams and quality declines quickly. Throw in injuries to depth aswell and huge chubkd of the full strength side. It's simply ridiculous to think they could compete at an NRL level.

Sure you get a fluke game where a decent team doesn't show up or a shit team plays shit. But in general your team is going to be no hope at all.

maple_69

Bench
In the end finishing 11th and a few wins outside the 8 is pretty decent given we've played the whole year with half our squad and half our spine out. You look at clubs like Souths who have fallen to shit with a couple guys out. We have the best depth in the league and no club would have done better than we did under the circumstances. Doesn't make the season less disappointing unfortunately.

flash

Juniors
Great win yesterday but even better news today with us finishing higher than the rabble that is Parramatta

If only I put $1500 on it

The Teach

Juniors
I hope Rhynob had another 1500 on his losers to finish above us!

Hey Rhynob, how does it feel to finish the year lower on the ladder than a team you've been death riding all year and been crippled by injuries? Hahaha

Nealo 12

Bench
I hope Rhynob had another 1500 on his losers to finish above us!

Hey Rhynob, how does it feel to finish the year lower on the ladder than a team you've been death riding all year and been crippled by injuries? Hahaha

There is a god !

Big Mick

Referee
All those injuries...all the things that went against us...and still finished about Parra.

FREAKIN LOL.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
It's amazing that we were 40 mins away from winning the wooden spoon but managed to get the win.
We Finnish the season in 11th place and only 2 wins away from making the finals. Surely with a minimum of injuries next year we should make the finals.
Please.....

BxTom

Bench
Bet365.

U can call me king Rhyno when I bump the top 8 predictions thread where Penrith fans were tipping they'd come first and flamed me when I said they'd get the spoon

Na, we'll keep calling you a queen and a fairy.

Tom.