What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Knights

maple_69

Bench
Smith is defibitely worth keeping around. He was defensively solid as a half and has really warmed to the fullback job over the last month. I think starting him at Centre next year would be the way to go. He's earned a spot in the side and Blake/Rennings really need a bit more time in reggies even if it is only half a season. He is solid defensively, very fast, good footwork and a decent passing game. that depends on the plan for Idris of course.

How did Chris Smith and Katoa go?

If smith plays first grade I'd have him at fullback with DWZ on the wing. Doubt that would happen though, smith is too small ATM for centre he would get smashed. In terms of today 3 points to smith, 2 points to whare for his ripper tackles and 1 point for peachey

Kilkenny

Coach
Has there ever been a side who has fielded 11 different halve combinations in the regular season? I doubt it. That coupled with the general horrendous injury toll throughout it was impossible for us in 2015. There are positives given the number of players who have debuted and the supply line of youngsters appears endless. We will have a good 2016 I have no doubt.

I never doubted Will Smith and suggested on our forum last season (before his debut) he had the ability to play NRL. Few agreed with me. I hope we sign him on for next season, if not, someone will surely pick him up. He is a talent in a number of positions.

franklin2323

Immortal
Today was yet again evidence against the myth that we can't win with so many players out. Just need the right attitude.

Maple Smith & Katoa were decent Smith had an intercept and 70m run. Another solid game from Blake outplayed his opposite Gagai today. An full pre-season & who knows where he will be next year.

Panther Pete

Juniors
That was a very good finish to a terrible season. I am so happy Simmo got to go out on a winning note and some of the young guys got a taste of first grade. Hopefully all the injured brigade are good to start pre season training in a couple of months.

BxTom

Bench
What's the bet that today is the only game all season not resulting in an injury?

Tom

TheFrog

Coach
Congratulations to the Panthers Under 20 side on winning the minor premiership. This was completely unexpected, the Cowboys losing their first game in a dozen or more starts.

We now play Manly next week, no doubt before one of the Sydney finals.

I thought we wouldn't have injuries this year... So I'm not exactly confident in 2016. With only a couple of injuries or so next year anything but the Top 8 would be unacceptable.

mxlegend99

Referee
Today was yet again evidence against the myth that we can't win with so many players out. Just need the right attitude.

Maple Smith & Katoa were decent Smith had an intercept and 70m run. Another solid game from Blake outplayed his opposite Gagai today. An full pre-season & who knows where he will be next year.

We played the team in dead last and they offered nothing.

Reserve grade sides won't beat NRL sides 99% of the time

With players like Smith, Latu Sopoaga and the likes competing for spots in the forwards our forward depth is looking good

1. Smith
2. DWZ
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Soward
8. McKendry
9. Segeyaro
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Taylor
13. Merrin
14. Peachey
15. Latimore
16. Latu
17. Kikau/Yeo

From what Smith has shown recently I wouldn't want to leave him out of the team. However, in saying that I think if moylan moves to the halves DWZ will go fullback

betcats

Referee

What are u on about no one ever said it was impossible to win any games, but it is a fact that injuries and a lot of young inexperienced players filling in make it a lot more difficult, how can u deny that? Teams who use the most players and make the most changes to their lineup over a season consistently finish near the bottom. It was a good effort yesterday but beating the wooden spooners doesnt prove anything.

betcats

Referee
1. Smith
2. DWZ
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Soward
8. McKendry
9. Segeyaro
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Taylor
13. Merrin
14. Peachey
15. Latimore
16. Latu
17. Kikau/Yeo

From what Smith has shown recently I wouldn't want to leave him out of the team. However, in saying that I think if moylan moves to the halves DWZ will go fullback

As good as Smith has looked the last couple games he wont jump ahead of Dallin for the FB spot.

Smith isn't a first grader you guys are kidding yourselves and the suggestion of him being a centre to laughable. He's done ok the last few weeks playing against some truly awful sides.