What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Warriors

Rocket Rod

Juniors
read my comments. Attitude to defence not attack. You have to have it or you dont. he may never get it no matter how much Flanno tries. I hope i am wrong but the signs are not good yet. Plenty of young players in NRL show it and are slender. It is not an excuse. Dufty suffered because of it.
It comes down to ticker plenty of small fullbacks have it Papenh…, Walsh, Edwards and I’m sure there’s more

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Players with the gifted attacking skills of Tyrell Sloan need to be persevered with and backed to the hilt. It is obvious that our new coach knows a rare gem when he sees one. While defense remains Sloans achilles heel which can only be fixed by a change of attitude, adding some meat to his bones and above all a decent defensive coach, he has improved markedly on those other flaws pointed out by some here, namely defusing bombs with intent, taking bombs cleanly, showing intent when returning the ball. This tells me the kid has a good work ethic and wants to better himself, which is a good basis for a coach to work with.
I pray he develops into a Lord Ted, but he has some work to do.

justadragon

Bench
I really hope that his habit of kicking when ball on hand is not about avoiding the contact. I was on the Sloan train but we can’t as a side afford his paper thin defense & brain explosions on the basis he will come good.
I agree Denis, as far as I'm concerned he will have to prove his way through ressies and if he doesn't like it he can piss off. I cant remember a game lately where he didnt cost us, and in this one he cost us dearly.

If the rumours are true that Flanagan wants Lomax at fullback, where does he play?
Been banging on about this all season, in the halves where he will have more chances to get his hands on the leather and display his obvious ball skills. Needs a change in his defensive attitude first tho as he will be called on to do more tackling in the middle. Five extra kilos would not go astray either.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Been banging on about this all season, in the halves where he will have more chances to get his hands on the leather and display his obvious ball skills. Needs a change in his defensive attitude first tho as he will be called on to do more tackling in the middle. Five extra kilos would not go astray either.
I can see your point, my concern is he will have big boppers running at him all game. That is a huge worry.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Warriors had a $hite load of ball and the Dragons did well to keep them out. You cannot fault the boys for effort that is for sure. The held on and scored a couple of tries which the bunker found ways to disallow.

Sloan had the brain explosion but I saw Musgrove's drop ball as the turning point. Saints were slowly building something and he really just took the wind out of their sails. I really hope Musgrove is not on much coin. Nobody would want him, our only hope is England. I am confused with the Sloan grounding thing. So the bunker is not calling it grounded because his intent was to pick it up even though his hand touched the ball on the ground?

As for Lomax no try? Ref wanted to clear side line, then the rule of tapping it forward to gain advantage. Both cleared but Bunker saw the ball come off Lomax onto a Warrior for a knock on? Wow.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Warriors had a $hite load of ball and the Dragons did well to keep them out. You cannot fault the boys for effort that is for sure. The held on and scored a couple of tries which the bunker found ways to disallow.

Sloan had the brain explosion but I saw Musgrove's drop ball as the turning point. Saints were slowly building something and he really just took the wind out of their sails. I really hope Musgrove is not on much coin. Nobody would want him, our only hope is England. I am confused with the Sloan grounding thing. So the bunker is not calling it grounded because his intent was to pick it up even though his hand touched the ball on the ground?

As for Lomax no try? Ref wanted to clear side line, then the rule of tapping it forward to gain advantage. Both cleared but Bunker saw the ball come off Lomax onto a Warrior for a knock on? Wow.
Yes, and it was BS