What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Corey Norman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Shane Tronc
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Ben Te'o
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker (c)
Interchange
14 Nick Kenny
15 Josh McGuire
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Scott Anderson

MYSTERY continues to surround the availability of Darren Lockyer and Peter Wallace for Friday night's crunch clash with Canberra, after the pair weren't named - but then trained. Moments after the Broncos named youngsters Ben Hunt and Corey Norman in a green-looking halves combination, injured stars Lockyer and Wallace rolled out to train with their Brisbane teammates at Red Hill.
The club insists the pair are long shots to play but their absence - or availabilty - is unlikely to be confirmed until much closer to Friday night's kick-off.
As expected, Lockyer was not in the 17-man squad officially named by Broncos coach Ivan Henjak on Tuesday for the do-or-die match at Suncorp Stadium.
Hunt comes off the bench to replace injured halfback Wallace, who hurt his shoulder in Brisbane's loss to the Warriors last week.
Prop Nick Kenny takes Hunt's place on the bench.

Canberra players certainly believe Lockyer will be a late inclusion for the match, which Brisbane needs to win by at least 15 points to keep them in the NRL finals picture.
"I think Locky will play," said Raiders skipper Alan Tongue, who is expected to miss the crucial clash after tearing his calf against the Cowboys on Saturday night.

"All the boys here won't be surprised, he will play and we'll be preparing like Locky will be there"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...sh-with-canberra/story-e6frep5x-1225912363760

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I want to see how these two kids go and i dont want either Locky or Wallace returning if they are not full fit , its not worth risking their longterm health in order to have an unlikely shot at making the finals. I would be happy to see them play but only if fully fit. Also what is kenny doing on the bench. i have decided to deviate from supporting Henjak putting Teo in the front row but last week just proved it to me we just don't have enough size especially against an even bigger canberra pack this week.

Broncos93

Juniors
I rather that side, best side we have named in the last 3 weeks!

Because Wallace is out?

We're gonna get pumped on Friday :( If we ever pull off an impossible victory, it's always on the back of a brilliant Lockyer game... sorry Corey, your try assists from round 1 haven't convinced me enough to beat the Raiders by 15.

Broncos93

Juniors
Yep, have a more creative halfback!:D

You know what, I'm willing to accept that Wallace has had a bad season, and if Hunt plays well on Friday night I'll even concede that he's probably the future for the Broncos at halfback.

But, if he plays average, and does no more than Wallace does each week, you have to eat your own words from the last 12 months and admit that Wallace is as good as, if not better, than any other halfback choices we have at the moment.

DeBroncos

Juniors
I am starting to get that feeling that everybody has written off the Broncos to win ....when this normally happens the broncos come out and play like demons. So i say we will win 28 - 10. :D :D :D

austyphoon

Juniors
Ben Te'o named in the front row....*sigh*

He is wasted in that position!

We are coming up to the form side of the comp, they throw the ball around and create tries from nothing (like the Bronco's of old). Let's not kid ourselves, this could be walloping! I'm just hoping we keep it relatively close and not get towelled 50+ like last year.

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
I still have not see Ben Hunt play well in 6 or 7 yet. He has played good coming of the bench in the number 9.

Norman played 1 good game at the start of the season, another good one against Souths when we won by heaps and thats it. The last 2 games have been shocking.

Wallace has not steped up since Locky has been out, this is very disappointing from a former NSW player!!!

As much as I love Parker, please give the (C) to someone else so we can win. I think he might have a jinx, 1 win from 13-14 games :(

Going by the above and the fact we need to win by 15 = WE ARE GOOOONE :crazy:

Its gonna be a very sad Friday night and the Semi's will not be the same with out the Broncos even if you dont go for them. Just not the same!!!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
My first hope is that we are still in the game at half time. My second hope is that were competitive for 80 mins. Let alone win by 15!

Anyway does a team that gets thrashed in three weeks leading up to the finals really worthy?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I think the young halves are going to create a shock here and really stand up and we will put 50 on them and make it to a fairytale grand final with the most inexperienced halves pairings ever:D:roll:

But in all seriousness i think this could be quite a close game but their forwards are just going to be too big and strong for our smaller forward pack.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You know what, I'm willing to accept that Wallace has had a bad season, and if Hunt plays well on Friday night I'll even concede that he's probably the future for the Broncos at halfback.

But, if he plays average, and does no more than Wallace does each week, you have to eat your own words from the last 12 months and admit that Wallace is as good as, if not better, than any other halfback choices we have at the moment.

Tell you what, you are on. If Hunt does not create more than 6 points as a halfback, I'll eat my words. I doubt it though!:lol: