What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

Snappy

Coach
Im starting to get a good feeling about tonight. I took the day off so I can get in there early. I like the combo of Hunt in 7 and Wal in 6, much better than wal and norman. Not sure if we can win by 15 (hoping like hell we can) but what I am sure of is that the boys will put in a much better performance than the previous few weeks.

If we can win by 15 tonight ill will stand as one of the best broncons victories of recent times. Up there with the 12-2 win at the gong last year.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED BOYS!

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
If we (Broncos) win tonight by 15 or more I will be soooo happy I will stand tall and proud and drunk!

I have my Bronocs wrist band on atm LETS GO BRONOCS!!!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah I get the feeling the Broncs can be competitive tonight. That's all I hope for anyway. Anything above that would be a bonus.

renouf

Juniors
Look forward to next year I guess, let's just hope Lockyer still has the legs in him and we should go close to winning the premiership (barring any usual season-ending injuries to key players).

beads6

First Grade
Happy with the effort from our boys tonight, I am gald we have finally missed the 8. Now we don't have to listen to the crap every year about us making the 9 for 20 years in a row.

Smiley

Bench
Gotta say I'm not that depressed that we missed the 8. We were too inconsistent to be worthy of a place in the eight but that was expected from the roster for this season.

2 - McCullough
2 - Hunt
2 - Hoffman

Special mention to Wallace for the courage he showed by playing tonight.

johnnyg

Juniors
I thought Hunt and Macca had a few nice little combinations tonight, throw norman into the mix along with hoffman and I think we could have a fab 4 in the next few years.

Id like to see wallace move to lock, hunt into 1/2 back, groom norman for 5/8 and hoffman continue on at fullback.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Special mention to Wallace for the courage he showed by playing tonight.

Also honorable mention to Winterstein for getting up after being knocked out and running it back how k hunt use to.

I thought Hunt and Macca had a few nice little combinations tonight

Yeh they look to have a really good understanding and next season is supposedly going to be Wallace's last in a broncos jersey so hunt will move to HB in 2012. Didn't they play together in the same team for ages at HB and 5/8?

Overall i thought it was a good performance from the boys tonight.

3 - Macca
2 - Hunt
1 - Wallace

Country Bronco

Juniors
I'm satasfied with tonights performance. We dominated that game for a extended length of time and it was only our mistakes in our own half that proved costly or perhaps a missed conversion but nothing to whinge about. We deserved to win that game, we were the better team. Quite pleased to have given Bronson Harrison a spray after roughing up Gillett after his try. Now to my voting:

3 McCullough. Finished the year strong.
2. Hunt. Made first line break in game and organised and defended well.
1. Parker. His best season by far and was strong again tonight.

Honorable mention Yow Yeh and Winterstein. Both bounced back well from errors to play good games.

AuDragon

Juniors
18 years later, we miss the finals, but it's a very young team that will learn from it in the future. They went down fighting and that's all I could ask for, with the forwards aiming up against the monster pack (I really hate that prick of a TLL) of the comp, even though a few less brain farts would have been nice.

Couldn't believe how the ball bounced into Raiders hands every time, effectively made the difference in this game.
The refereeing was at its usual level, with both teams getting away with offsides and interferences in the play the ball.
The disgraceful grounding rule made for another mockery of a try, even if there was no apparent separation when Gillett grounded the ball... :roll:
Every fu**ing team knows that kicking a bomb towards Winterstein is half a try, really glad to see him go for that.

Well done on the Raiders to reach the finals. Please knock the Dragons off their perch!

3- Hoffman
2- Hunt
1- Anderson

Ghoulies

Bench
Tough game. The Raiders weren't at their best, but that shouldn't take away from a good effort from the team. Our forwards did well not to be steamrolled, but the difference in the quality of hitups from the two packs was evident.

McCullough actually looked to be our most creative player out there, while Hunt's running game showed a lot of promise.

I'm obviously gutted that we're out of the premiership race, but I think given our roster and injury concerns, we had a decent year.

3. McCullough
2. Hunt
1. Hoffman

Big Pete

Referee
Tonight was a bitter pill to swallow but realistically we were in the midst of it last week, if not in Round 8 after the Newcastle game. I believe this game did a great job of summing up the season in that there were a lot of positive signs but some crucial mistakes at key times really prevented us from victory.

I was proud of the boys tonight. They could've just thrown in the towel but they played like their lives depended on it and threw the ball around as much as they could from the word go. Unfortunately, it proved to be a little too much and plays just weren't coming off for them. It happens.

Off the ball I thought we were very good in only conceding 17 missed tackles. That's a great effort by us especially after last week.

These are the 3 players who I thought stood out tonight.

3. Andrew McCullough - Was turning Raider's players inside and out from dummy half and was giving us a great boost from the dummy half position.

2. Ben Hunt - Was tearing the Raiders to shreds with his running game. With a bit more experience, it would've been more telling.

1. Josh Hoffman - Did everything he could.

Special mentions...

Scott Anderson - Really hit it up hard tonight. He's been a good replacement for Clinton IMO.

Peter Wallace - Courageous effort and one of his best for the season.

Corey Parker - Busted his ass tonight. Just tried a little too hard and obviously took on too much responsibility.

Antonio Winterstein - For playing on after looking out of it. Yeah, they scored 3 tries down his side. But credit where it's due, the guy tried his heart out for the Broncos.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Superstar halfback again..what is his record without Lockyer again? Useless..yeah he is tough..well so friken what. He did bugger all again. He created zippo, squat, you name it.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah some very courageous efforts especially from Wallace and Winterstein. Although I'm not too upset to see the back of Winterstein. Two simple kicks to his wing cost us the game.

I thought we were easily the better side. Line breaks on NRL.com says 6-2 to Broncs :shock:. If only we had better execution we may have won by the 15 needed. Can't question the boys efforts tonight, and that's all anyone could ask for.

3. McCullough (please play like this next season!!!)
2. Hoffman
1. Hunt (was dangerous but thought he could have got a bit more involved). I did notice his defence seemed quite good, especially in keeping Croker quiet.

It's just unfortunate that a couple of our strike players in Teo and Gillette lost some form at the wrong time of the year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yet people recon Wallace played well. I am sorry but if a team makes 6 linebreaks, a semi-decent halfback puts 30 points on the opposition!

badav

Bench
I don't read too much into this 18 year stuff. There were plenty of seasons with Bennet in charge where the Bronco's fumbled into the 8 with no momentum and got knocked out early on.

And usually those were with far stronger sides than the one running out on the park today. Which put in a pretty good performance i thought.

Dazzat

First Grade
Looking at our roster at the start of the year, I thought only a miracle would get us into the eight, particularly looking at our front row rotation and the average age of our team (youngest in the league).

This has been a valuable year for the young brigade, and adding a few old heads next year (Inglis, Hodges and Hannant) will give the team the balance it needs, not to mention a heap of strike power that was missing this year.

3. McCullough
2. Hunt
1. Thaiday

ponies 4ever

Juniors
It's a great move getting Hannant back but I'm still concerned by the lack of size and aggression in our forward pack. Was at the game and just like a lot of games this year we were bent back far too easily in the middle of the park. Tronc is a real trier and he has proven to be a handy aquisition, but he and the likes of Anderson, Dodds and even Kenny have been quite dissappointing in the contest. Physically they seem a lot smaller than a lot of other NRL packs and really struggle to prevent and promote GO FORWARD for our side. We also lack a backrower who thrives on doing the dirty work , someone that will make the opposition look up before heading into the ruck willy nilly. Don't get me wrong Sammy and Gillett are great on the fringes and I wouldn't swap them for anyone, but we just seem to lack that Gillmeister style of player in the pack. Someone unfashionable, but worth their weight in gold. Hannant will bring go forward and def. help the younger brigade, but where we get a hard edge from, any ideas ?

Latest posts