What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Looking at our roster at the start of the year, I thought only a miracle would get us into the eight, particularly looking at our front row rotation and the average age of our team (youngest in the league).

I don't buy into that, 4 weeks ago we were sailing along, we'd beaten a bunch of top 8 sides, then Locky gets injured. If he hadn't of got injured I'm sure we would have finished around 6th position.

DeeJ

Bench
3. McCullough
2. Hunt
1. Wallace

Hunt looked really good running the ball I thought. He will be a really good prospect in the future.

jaycee_17th

Juniors
you guys pretty much sum it all up, we'll be back next year faster, stronger and wiser. Good to see bhunt and macca fin'ly showin up. Sad to see izzy leave thou, he was bustin his heart out week in week out. But I know he'll come back. Btw hope GI stay wit us for good, I'd love too see us build a dynasty.

jaycee_17th

Juniors
I'm proud with the boys despite the result and what it did to my tipping. I had been consistent in number one spot until round 22, I've stuck with 'em thou i knew they were struggling, yes even it meant for me to miss a thousand dollar and finally have my 1987 car's worned off tires replaced.. I've got no regrets.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Obviously the Broncos club is far from happy with the result of missing the 8. They should bounce back strongly though, like they did in 1992, maybe they'll win the comp and maybe they won't, but they'll bounce back. Its not unhealthy for the Broncos to miss the 8 for once, plenty of other clubs often go years at a time without making it. Broncos fans get to experience for 1 season what Souths experience as a norm, the season ending after Round 26.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
I think that was one of our best games without Locky, Wallace lifted dispite the obvious pain, Parker gave it his all under all that preasure and our young guns looked very capable,. Although we needed to catch some of those kicks, we were by far the best side in the second half and although I did not think it was possible for us to get the 15 points break, had there been more time we would have ended the season with a win. The stupid keep your heads down in the scrum rule cost us some time as did the clock counting down while the video ref did his thing. Sorry to be losing Izy, hope GI proves his worth, other than that Bring on 2011

Broncos93

Juniors
Yet people recon Wallace played well. I am sorry but if a team makes 6 linebreaks, a semi-decent halfback puts 30 points on the opposition!

I'd like to see you even take the field with a f**ked shoulder, let alone put 30 points on a team. STFU and stop bagging your own players you idiot.

Article from NRL.com
Brisbane halfback Peter Wallace produced one of the gutsiest performances in years playing the 80 minutes with a busted shoulder which he will need to have surgically reconstructed.

Wallace, who chopped down Canberra's big forwards with sheer courage, tried his heart out and was barely able to walk after the game.

Give credit where it's due. No halfback would have won it for us last night. The fact that he couldn't walk after the game and was taking on the biggest pack in the comp with a shoulder needing surgery shows plenty of heart and he did his best. Can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I'd like to see you even take the field with a f**ked shoulder, let alone put 30 points on a team. STFU and stop bagging your own players you idiot.

Get used to it.

Wallace was courageous last night and i tell you what i felt sorry for him when Duggan ran straight at his shoulder, I was sure he was gone then but he got up and kept playing, he really is a tough nut.

grandorient

Bench
Hello Guys,

Extremely sorry to see the result on Friday night. Sorry, mainly because you won't be there for the finals this year.

Year after year, we all see magical performances from this team, when it comes to the final series. It's quite a sad occasion from the point of view of true rugby league fans to see the finals without the Bronc's.

It's all too easy to say, "better luck next year" when teams are still battling it out this year.

However, all the best to you fans and your team for a lot of enjoyment for fans everywhere.

GO

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore

I see Wallace has the cheer squad here. I don't care how tough he is, he creates bugger all. I said all along, put Hunt/Norman in the halves. We could not do any worse that is for sure.

Broncos93

Juniors
I see Wallace has the cheer squad here. I don't care how tough he is, he creates bugger all. I said all along, put Hunt/Norman in the halves. We could not do any worse that is for sure.
And what did Norman create when he was playing five-eighth? Created tries for the opposition through the holes he left in defence.

Nice to see you conveniently chose not to reply to the Tim Smith statistic by the way...

Looks like you pick and choose what opinions and "facts" you have at the time you post.

Dazzat

First Grade
And what did Norman create when he was playing five-eighth? Created tries for the opposition through the holes he left in defence.

Nice to see you conveniently chose not to reply to the Tim Smith statistic by the way...

Looks like you pick and choose what opinions and "facts" you have at the time you post.

Small story in today's Courier Mail about Bruno Cullen being "in tears" talking about Peter Wallace and his courage. Apparently he was "busted" most of the year, but chose to play on regardless because he knew the team needed him. His shoulder has been gone for most of the season, and he'll be undergoing surgery straight away and will only return to training in five months time.

Ever tried to be 'creative' when you're in pain? Not easy!

I for one was fully aware that Wallace was playing below his best. We all know what he's done in the past ... playing well enough to be chosen for NSW on more than one occasion.

All looks good for next year.

DeeJ

Bench
Small story in today's Courier Mail about Bruno Cullen being "in tears" talking about Peter Wallace and his courage. Apparently he was "busted" most of the year, but chose to play on regardless because he knew the team needed him. His shoulder has been gone for most of the season, and he'll be undergoing surgery straight away and will only return to training in five months time.

Ever tried to be 'creative' when you're in pain? Not easy!

I for one was fully aware that Wallace was playing below his best. We all know what he's done in the past ... playing well enough to be chosen for NSW on more than one occasion.

All looks good for next year.

Everyone forgot that he came into the team from that broken ankle earlier than expected. Plus if you see him in the dressing room he is more strapping than man.

Wallace may not be the most creative but he is very competent when it comes to set plays and probably the best defensive half back in the league.

Braveheat is his nickname and it seems he really lives up to it!

Dazzat

First Grade
I don't buy into that, 4 weeks ago we were sailing along, we'd beaten a bunch of top 8 sides, then Locky gets injured. If he hadn't of got injured I'm sure we would have finished around 6th position.

Sure, but the fact remained that we had the weakest front-row rotation in the league, and had the youngest squad. In NRL you can't replace a) size and power b) experience.

Make no mistake ... Henjak did well go get us within a whisker of the finals.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Norman had to play with a turnip at halfback when he did play. Give Norman a chance with Ben Hunt at halfback and you would see more points. Fact is we made SIX linebreaks...and came up with 3 tries, that is a shocking conversion rate. Fact is if Cronk was at half, he creates a try 9 times out of 10 from a linebreak.

Smith was fine and by the way still has created more tries in the last month than our spud halfback!

Broncos93

Juniors
Norman had to play with a turnip at halfback when he did play. Give Norman a chance with Ben Hunt at halfback and you would see more points. Fact is we made SIX linebreaks...and came up with 3 tries, that is a shocking conversion rate. Fact is if Cronk was at half, he creates a try 9 times out of 10 from a linebreak.

Smith was fine and by the way still has created more tries in the last month than our spud halfback!

What kind of response is that?

Norman could have any of Andrew Johns, Johnathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk inside him, but it's not gonna make him a better defender you clown. What's the point of having a player in the team, particularly a ball player, if they're going to leak more points themselves than they create through assists?! Cronk may score 9 times out of 10 from a linebreak, but he certainly doesn't concede multiple line breaks a game, and he has a hugely talented backline outside him, not a bunch of youngsters, plus a working shoulder.

And no, Smith was not fine. Making 0 metres and 0 runs as a halfback is disgraceful. Had Wallace showed those figures you would never forget it. I have nothing against Smith, in fact I am quite annoyed we didn't do more to hold on to him. Seeing what the Roosters did to Carney (or what he did to the Roosters?) makes me wonder what we could have done with Smith. That aside, 0 runs for 0 metres is a disgraceful effort from a halfback who was recruited by the Sharks to save their club on the field.

Stop trash talking and making up statistics/facts and instead of bagging a player who was learning to run again this season and played with a buggered shoulder and perhaps make some constructive criticism as to how he could improve.

And FFS, don't ever say something so stupid again, no matter what you say/argue/make up, a five eighths defensive capibilities will not be made any better by the halfback inside him.

Latest posts