What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 v Raiders

Can't stand the Sharks ever since their CEO (can't remember his name) cut up a Saints jersey in their restaurant one night after a game. I won't be cheering for them to win the premiership.
It was an oversight, his daughter told him it was a Manly Jersey and we would all do that to their jersey. Oh and you don’t argue with a woman

since77

Juniors
I was out yesterday so didn't get a chance to watch the game. Was still disgusted after last weeks performance so even if I had the chance to watch I probably wouldn't have.
But while I was out driving in the Bathurst area back towards home I get a text from my son, must have been early in the game. It said "Where the F was this team last week". Ah I thought they must be winning. He tells me it's 18-0.
A bit later I flick the radio on close to half time and its 24-10. They read the possession and error stats and I immediately think if that turns around the Dragons will fold. I've been here before. I know these things......

During half time my radio reception just became static so I turned the radio off as I continued driving.
I get home and had to the option to fire Kayo up but again after last weeks performance I decided I didn't want to bother. So instead I opened Fox Sports website on my phone and was completely unsurprised to see 7 minutes left to go in the game and the score 24-20. I actually laughed at how pea hearted the team I follow is. I knew exactly what would happen from there. I'm a Dragons fan - I know how these things go.
Put my phone down and went back out to my car to bring some stuff inside.
By the time I come back in I see my phone has just received a text message. It's from my son. The message said - "Only the Dragons. Only. the F^&king Dragons. Only. The. F$%king. Dragons. Seriously. Seriously!!!!!!"

It's crazy that I can be out on a drive at half time 14 points up and know with 99.9% certitude what is going to happen in the second half.

Flanno, you know a lot more about coaching than me. And I trust that you will eventually get the job done here.
But I could have told you before you started that this team will never see success before Hunt and all the other "senior" players that are responsible for building the pathetic mentally weak losing culture this club is now famous for are gone. And I would have told you that even though Hunt may objectively be a "good" player, he is an absolute imposter as a game manager, halfback and most of all, captain. And once again this year Hunt has proved to be the disaster that just keeps giving.
Get the broom out Shane.

Yes I remember that incident Nana and it was -
"On ANZAC Day 1999, Cronulla CEO Peter Gow famously cut up a St. George jersey with a pair of scissors in front of onlookers at Cronulla's leagues club and ..."

That really got to me as well the bast..

Sure adds to the spice of the local derby. Not that anyone would think of doing such a thing for that reason

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

You certainly do have a lot of work to do in the off season Mr Flanagan. Get those whips cracking and give your assistants a couple of upper cuts as well because they have made you look like shit. Mr Dean Young - the Cowboys have virtually flourished this year without your services. Mr Todd Payten me thinks was very happy to see you go.
Simple answer Flanno the group hasn't changed enough ( in your words) because youve persisted in keeping a captain that hasn't got a clue about onfield leadership and the skill set that he's failed to deliver over and over for the money this club is paying him.....as I've stated add nauseam when your supposedly marquee player is getting paid shit loads compered to others and not coming up with the goods there's no way there going to bust their arse are they......MOVE HIM ON NOW

Dragon David

First Grade
Simple answer Flanno the group hasn't changed enough ( in your words) because youve persisted in keeping a captain that hasn't got a clue about onfield leadership and the skill set that he's failed to deliver over and over for the money this club is paying him.....as I've stated add nauseam when your supposedly marquee player is getting paid shit loads compered to others and not coming up with the goods there's no way there going to bust their arse are they......MOVE HIM ON NOW
I am dead set not wanting to see Hunt's face and him wearing a Red V jersey again. He looked really morbid throughout the game. As a leader, you want to see so much more animation and taking action and signalling all of the time to the players to set themselves for the next move, rally them to defend, give orders. No, the same look of dejection on his dial. How and why has Flanno persisted with Hunt, I really don't know? If it was Hook, I'd understand but Flanno???

jeffdragon

Bench
And 3 good bench forwards. The game has always been about your forward pack. Holmes and Cook wont make any difference without better forwards.
Thats why I get annoyed when we muss out on Royce Hunt, Safiti and co.
We can't sign them all but we need a change from Lawrie and co.

maestro1

Bench
Why didn't our captain challenge the strip on Suli ??. Blocker Roach called it as an obvious one. Our captain chose to ignore it.

Illusion

Bench
I was out yesterday so didn't get a chance to watch the game. Was still disgusted after last weeks performance so even if I had the chance to watch I probably wouldn't have.
But while I was out driving in the Bathurst area back towards home I get a text from my son, must have been early in the game. It said "Where the F was this team last week". Ah I thought they must be winning. He tells me it's 18-0.
A bit later I flick the radio on close to half time and its 24-10. They read the possession and error stats and I immediately think if that turns around the Dragons will fold. I've been here before. I know these things......

During half time my radio reception just became static so I turned the radio off as I continued driving.
I get home and had to the option to fire Kayo up but again after last weeks performance I decided I didn't want to bother. So instead I opened Fox Sports website on my phone and was completely unsurprised to see 7 minutes left to go in the game and the score 24-20. I actually laughed at how pea hearted the team I follow is. I knew exactly what would happen from there. I'm a Dragons fan - I know how these things go.
Put my phone down and went back out to my car to bring some stuff inside.
By the time I come back in I see my phone has just received a text message. It's from my son. The message said - "Only the Dragons. Only. the F^&king Dragons. Only. The. F$%king. Dragons. Seriously. Seriously!!!!!!"

It's crazy that I can be out on a drive at half time 14 points up and know with 99.9% certitude what is going to happen in the second half.

Flanno, you know a lot more about coaching than me. And I trust that you will eventually get the job done here.
But I could have told you before you started that this team will never see success before Hunt and all the other "senior" players that are responsible for building the pathetic mentally weak losing culture this club is now famous for are gone. And I would have told you that even though Hunt may objectively be a "good" player, he is an absolute imposter as a game manager, halfback and most of all, captain. And once again this year Hunt has proved to be the disaster that just keeps giving.
Get the broom out Shane.
Sound very close to the same text I got from my son also ...... It's a Dragons thing ....... Sad but true ...... Don't need a broom need a street sweeper to clean the joint out .......