What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Dragons v Raiders

possm

Coach
We worked very hard for our first win of the season. When we started to play as a team, we had some success on the field.

We just scrped in and played very poorly for the first 30 min. Let's hope we get a better start next week and improve on the good work done in the final 50 min.

Well done boys! Special mention for Aiken, surely he has to hold a spot in the centers - hopefully at right center.

Juniors
I dont think its just Dugan - last week Peter M wasnt pushing up in support, in fact none of our players do and its ridiculous. Merrin, Friz and Cooper all tend to get arms free, we should have players ready to run onto it. Needs To be drilled into all of them.

Also, credit to Rein for a great try, but IMO l'Estrange needs to start, the difference in attack when he came on was huge.

I agree. Strange needs to start and have marketo on bench. Rein solid rake in defence but does not cut it steering our pack around or developing 2nd phase play. Wonder how garvey is going or should we be buying someone

The Nick

Bench
A nice little bonus for winning is the deafening silence of Repetitive Spew and Grouch (well at least until the team loses again).

Apologist.

A nice little bonus for winning is the deafening silence of Repetitive Spew and Grouch (well at least until the team loses again).

Apologist.

lol Nick

am sure that if Saints can play 80 minutes consistently as they did the last 50 minutes this week, their will be plenty of positive banter from all forum members.

We all support the club. Some of us find it hard to accept mediocrity, whether that mediocrity is admin/coach or player related.

dino2170

Juniors
well we won and most of the forum is glowing BUT the same problems are there, NAMELY the farrell shoudnt be there, there are halves or two five eighths playing together, im not sure eto is the solution at winger, the dummy half should neither BE rein or le strange, merrin should start the game, the fullback may not be dugan BUT dugan should be centre or lock

WE WILL BE FOUND OUT BY MANLY IF WE DONT MAKE ANY CHANGES

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
well we won and most of the forum is glowing BUT the same problems are there, NAMELY the farrell shoudnt be there, there are halves or two five eighths playing together, im not sure eto is the solution at winger, the dummy half should neither BE rein or le strange, merrin should start the game, the fullback may not be dugan BUT dugan should be centre or lock

WE WILL BE FOUND OUT BY MANLY IF WE DONT MAKE ANY CHANGES

Wait wait wait. So neither Rein no Le Strange played well enough to be selected again? I think that is pretty harsh.

I agree that Merrin should start the game IF he was staying. But he's not, I know we want to win every game but we should be planning for OUR future.

Put a side on paper so I can see your vision of where the team list should be heading this year.

Juniors
another problem i see is that our hooker is defensive and our fullback is ball runner. we need another ball player to ask questions otherwise we are too easy to read defensively. we need an offensive rake or fullback. widdop to fullback is not that crazy if we can get a good 7 or we need to replace rein.

kit66

Bench
I doubt we'll ever see Widdop at full back, Mary and Co don't really have that sort of vision. Not a bad idea though and give Hutchinson a run in the halves.
Good to see the Tiges gave a good account of themselves against the Bunnies today, makes me feel less disappointed with our effort against them somehow. Although why they didn't target Walker all night I'll never know.

Juniors
I doubt we'll ever see Widdop at full back, Mary and Co don't really have that sort of vision. Not a bad idea though and give Hutchinson a run in the halves.
Good to see the Tiges gave a good account of themselves against the Bunnies today, makes me feel less disappointed with our effort against them somehow. Although why they didn't target Walker all night I'll never know.

im sure they do however have we a solid 7 half in hutch/crook/henry. we just need more attacking style players. look at souths. sutton/stewart 2x ball players backrowers, 6-7 say no more then the 9 steering rake + second phase. i dont think jdb is cuttin it which leaves us 2 attacking positions. not enough in this dau and age.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Is Duffy injured? Why doesn't he get a run at fullback, with Dugan at right centre. Dugan can still slip back and help him out with defence until he finds his feet.
I'm not sure how long Runciman and matatuia will hang around, both too talented to be playing reserves. Watch titans make a play for them.

P.S. Mulholland, extend Aitkens contract now! Don't wait until its up for renewal.

watatank

Coach
Dufty hasn't even played U20s yet this year and in any case needs more time, he'd get ragdolled at this stage of his development

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
can someone please give me the final score....Im in the UK for the next 3 months....was reading somewhere the score was 60 to 10..was blowing upbig time then realised it was NYC.....whilst Im here Im going to look for some pommie props and bring them back in my suitcases.....problems is Im only allowed 30kgs.....still that should be enough grunt to overthrow some of our pussies.....

dragondonar1

Juniors
The change in the side was when Le strange passed the ball on front of bengi. forcing him to run on to the ball which straightens the attack. Rein passes the ball to the halves which then gives them the option to run sideways. It's a simple fix in getting our attack in order. Another problem for rein is he plants his feet picks up the ball and passes. He should move forward then pass the ball. This puts the defensive team on the back foot and make attack a lot easier.
That's my two cents

hazzbeen

Bench
The change in the side was when Le strange passed the ball on front of bengi. forcing him to run on to the ball which straightens the attack. Rein passes the ball to the halves which then gives them the option to run sideways. It's a simple fix in getting our attack in order. Another problem for rein is he plants his feet picks up the ball and passes. He should move forward then pass the ball. This puts the defensive team on the back foot and make attack a lot easier.
That's my two cents

Make that four cents.Im with you......

BennyV

Referee
Is Duffy injured? Why doesn't he get a run at fullback, with Dugan at right centre. Dugan can still slip back and help him out with defence until he finds his feet.
I'm not sure how long Runciman and matatuia will hang around, both too talented to be playing reserves. Watch titans make a play for them.

P.S. Mulholland, extend Aitkens contract now! Don't wait until its up for renewal.

Dufty is nowhere near ready. He is far too small and hasnt had a run in NSW Cup yet. He's an exciting prospect but there are plenty of small agile style fullbacks who dont make it. Give him at least 1 more year to come through.

In fact, I dont think hes even part of our first grade squad yet.

rasaint

Juniors
Yeah like 81 Kg fullback for Warriors Tomkins. Gets thrown around like rag doll and not ready............