What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Broncos

TheFrog

Coach
Tightness in his groin and failed to finish training. Expected to play but lets hope it hampers him.

Not good news for the Broncos if this is the case. It will be remembered that Johnson's groin injury cruelled the Warriors' season in '14 after they looked like they could do anything. Groin injuries aren't described as "nagging" for nothing.

GongPanther

Referee
Hopefully this is true. With Wallace and Soward there it would take a bit of pressure off him.

I take no notice of those gobby sites.Once they are wrong,they are redundant.

And they I imagine have been as wrong as the predictions from fans on this site.So honestly,why bother?

maple_69

Bench
Mole has Martin playing as well. Looks like it's happening. Thank Christ. Outside of being happy he is playing, it would be really encouraging to see Hook make the call to bring in a young guy in a key position early. We've suffered from coaches who can't make tough calls for a long time now. While i don't think we've looked bad at all, our attack has been stunted and Martin is the closest thing we have to an answer. This is the most excited I've been to see a guy play for us since Graham and co were all late inclusions one night 5 or so years ago.

Kilkenny

Coach
Peachy is best suited off the bench and playing back row. He is not a five eight or centre. We may not beat the Broncos with Martin but it should make us a little more dangerous in attack.

betcats

Referee
Mole has Martin playing as well. Looks like it's happening. Thank Christ. Outside of being happy he is playing, it would be really encouraging to see Hook make the call to bring in a young guy in a key position early. We've suffered from coaches who can't make tough calls for a long time now. While i don't think we've looked bad at all, our attack has been stunted and Martin is the closest thing we have to an answer. This is the most excited I've been to see a guy play for us since Graham and co were all late inclusions one night 5 or so years ago.

If our forwards can play like they did last week then hopefully Soward and Martin can get something going. If Martin does play I will be happy if he can get through it with a solid performance.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't expect TMM to be MOTM or anything. Just another set of attacking eyes out there. You can count on 1 hand the amount of times the backs have had the ball in theit hand while on the attack.

When nothing's doing give him the ball & he can put it wide or something. Atleast it's something. You can't have half your spine out & not play your backup half.

Frankus

Juniors
The problem with this is that we will keep copping injury after injury. Our medical and fitness staff are incompetent and this is totally beyond doubt now, anyone still saying it's luck is a f**king moron.

Yep, a broken arm is totally Ronnie's fault.

Whare and Moylan's injuries are on the training and medical staff. They ruined Soward's 2015...and Mansour's.

Yes some injuries are part of the game and bad luck. Others are indisputably incompetence

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
TMM played - This is good news.

Hopefully he has good protection from the big boys as no doubt they will be targeting him all night.

But nice job Coach if true. Let him find his feet for a few weeks, then throw him in whilst still having 2 other halves there to help guide him around if needed

betcats

Referee
Seems to just be speculation from one or two internet news sites, nothing I would call reliable yet.

Devilous

Juniors
We need two outlets for attack and kicking, last week the Dogs knew it would go to Soward every time and could adjust accordingly.

With Soward in, Wallace coming off a decent game at dummy half and a forward pack that has been making plenty of metres. I think it's the perfect time for TMM to get a couple of games to see how he goes.

If he kicks on? Great we have our halfback for the next 5+ years. If not, he gets some valuable experience before going back to reserve grade to work on and improve.

betcats

Referee
The thing with TMM is if he continues to play well in NSW cup then he will debut at some point this season. So if we wait till later in the season there is a good chance he will debut as a replacement for an injured Soward or Wallace or both. We are missing half our spine atm but we have two experienced halves out there to help him and with Moylan back next week we really wont be asking him to do to much assuming he debuts and stays in the team for a couple weeks. I think this week is a much better situation than waiting for more injuries and throwing him there with only 1 or less of our first choice spine available and expecting him to be our main half. Our forward pack is 100 percent right now so that is a big help in terms of getting him some space to work with.

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
Rumours of TMM getting a run this weekend. Although I question why he could be brought in for his debut against a very strong broncos team.

Copperhead

Juniors
Griffin hosed down the TMM rumour. Yeo will probably replace Blake, and JFH or Latu onto the bench.

This works out best, because now we can play second rowers in the halves and centres as well.

Latest posts