What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Tigers - Edwards in for Maitua

Eels Dude

Coach
In my opinion, yes, he does. I have seen a bit of him over the years, and he is physical and aggressive, and he can pop a nice offload.

With him and Lussick in the side, we should not be short of aggression and power.

I guess it depends if he can play like that in first grade though. It's certainly not a given.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I guess it depends if he can play like that in first grade though. It's certainly not a given.

Definitely not, mate. It will be interesting to see how he goes. I am quietly confident he will rip in and we won't be disappointed, though.

I am also very, very keen to see Kelepi get more minutes and allow him to show us what he can do. He is such a gun IMO.

Noise

Coach
As long as Edwards and Kelepi run hard and poke their noses through the line and hit and stick in defence then they would have done a good job IMO

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Interesting article on Kenny Edwards.

Seems as though we might have a half decent footy player here if he can get his Sh#t together.

bartman

Immortal
Actually Bart, option (d) - none of the above.

We are two rounds into the comp the season after we collected the wooden spoon and we had very little recruitment to improve the squad toward the back end of last season and over the off season. This didn't however stop a heap of posters in here claiming when he was signed that Ricky would solve the woes of our club that IMHO go back to the Hagan days.
And the CEO. And the Board. Why the negativity about the club's choice and direction?

After round 1 smashing of the Warriors (a team who had lost their last 8 games) the same posters were claiming that the we were back, now that the sole reason for our poor performances over the preceding 2 years was gone (SK) and that Stuart would fix the attitude in the club and everything would be great.
I must've missed these posts.... I thought every was just celebrating a much better team performance. Either that or joking in response to the crap PPE spouted on here for most of last year? Again, why the negativity?

All this from the same people who claimed Ricky was the Messiah when he was signed.
Again, I must have missed all these "same people" you seem to be upset about. Imagining things perhaps? And again, why the negativity?

Going from Cellar to Penthouse takes time - unfortunately the average Parra supporter has been waiting 27 years already and has little patience left.
Thanks Einstein. I guess that's an admission of why you're so grumpy then? A case of emporer's new clothes, except your emperor was Kearney and you don't like seeing him naked? :lol:

bartman

Immortal
I'd never heard of Edwards before this season, or of his past inicident... sounds like he might have a bit of mongrel in him :D

Angry_eel

First Grade
Tigers by 12. Not expecting to win this game. Hayne will again fail as captain. Happy to be proven wrong :)

Gronk

Staff member
Every Benji pass to stick this week. Joel Reddy to tear us a new AH.

WTigers by 18.

Eels to win by 14, because i said so.
It will be the best we have played for years because i'm traveling tonight and won't see it.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Riccio is reporting Reni is a chance of playing tonight. I hope he does. I'm sorry I don't know how to copy the link from Twitter.

bartman

Immortal
That's the type of late mail I like to hear... even if it's off the bench for limited periods.