What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Gareth67

First Grade
Ramsey stands out as a diamond among some of our other duds in the back line . However just how brilliant that shine is , we shall see when he is pitted against the bigger players in the NRL on a week to week basis.

In saying that the young fella does has plenty going for him , his attack is first rate and he is also the type of player that follows the ball . We can only pray that ‘ he who knows nothing ‘ will select him in 1st grade and keep him there , preferably at fullback.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
If Mc Gregor keeps choosing the same team he will get the same result and maintain the same winning ratio in 2019 of 28%. The team that I would select is as follows:-
Lomax
Pereira
Williame
Fuimaono
Ravalawa
Norman
Hunt
Ford
Frizell
Tariq Sims
Kerr
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Bench
Korbin Sims
Graham
Host
Lawrie
This year the team is losing games due to its poor defence not its attack. Aitken and Lafai have had enough chances and need to be moved on. I would also use Ramsey when he is available to replace Ravalawa whose handling is suspect.

I do agree that our defence needs improving, 100%. So far this year, albeit just 2 games, our defence continues to let us down. I thought Flanno was brought in to help Young with the defence coaching? Well he ain't doing it so far, is he? Hopefully that during the break they have worked on some things.

Our attack so far this year seems OK, so we will definitely need a couple of speedy guys in the team to get us plenty of tries. This 6 again rule might help us but let's see how they go in the next few games. The rule could also help the Warriors and Bulldogs, so it will be important for our players to lift in their defence to protect the points we have scored and limit the opposition from scoring more than us.

I would like to see Dufty at fullback, Lomax to centre, Fuimaono to bench. I'd leave out Host.

Full and proper use of the bench players is needed, particularly as I think the game will be faster with the rule changes. I'd also like to see Clune in the team instead of Norman but that is only wishful thinking as the mighty one as well as his disciples will stick with Norman.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Having watched the Dragons since the mid 1960's, I believe that Ramsey has an X factor about him like Langland's and Goodwin.
Why the coaches persist with Aitken, Lafai and Ravalawa is beyond me. Ramsey is the best back to emerge over the past 10 years being in my opinion better than Bird, Dufty, Garrick, Herbert, Marsters, Saab and Sailor. Hopefully like Langlands, Ramsey will be a one club player.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Having watched the Dragons since the mid 1960's, I believe that Ramsey has an X factor about him like Langland's and Goodwin.
Why the coaches persist with Aitken, Lafai and Ravalawa is beyond me. Ramsey is the best back to emerge over the past 10 years being in my opinion better than Bird, Dufty, Garrick, Herbert, Marsters, Saab and Sailor. Hopefully like Langlands, Ramsey will be a one club player.

Whilst I agree 100% on your assessment of young Ramsey, I think Saab has a very bright future. He is uncapped potential, maybe a bit gun-shy at present but huge upside if he can develop.
There are also several other youngsters who have the possibility to be as 'spotlighted' as Ramsey as well, they just need their opportunity which wont happen under our current structure unfortunately.

Also, for those including Ramsey in the team lists, he is not part of the 32 player roster, he wont play this year, hes been given time to fully recover from his shoulder op.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Thanks Dragonslayer. Who else is left out of the squad of 32? I take that three Development Squad players add to the 29 NRL Squad players.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Ramsey stands out as a diamond among some of our other duds in the back line . However , just how brilliant that shine is , we shall see when he is pitted against the bigger players in the NRL on a week to week basis.

In saying that the young fella does has plenty going for him , his attack is first rate and he is also the type of player that follows the ball . We can only pray that ‘ he who knows nothing ‘ will select him in 1st grade and keep him there , preferably at fullback.

And Gareth Ramsey will not be back for maybe for 2months or more.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
And Gareth Ramsey will not be back for maybe for 2months or more.

Hello Sammy ( I do hope that your keeping out of mischief :relaxed: ) I heard that he had a long term injury , but when his name was mentioned in an earlier post it sort of brighten my day . His performances in the lower grades made me realize that the Dragons still have talent there - awaiting the arrival of a proper mentor to appear , so as to give them the direction and skill set that they require .

Dragonsamy

Bench
Hello Sammy ( I do hope that your keeping out of mischief :relaxed: ) I heard that he had a long term injury , but when his name was mentioned in an earlier post it sort of brighten my day . His performances in the lower grades made me realize that the Dragons still have talent there - awaiting the arrival of a proper mentor to appear , so as to give them the direction and skill set that they require .

I'm good thanks he is the future along with Sullivan. But both have been injured this year. Sully's doing ok but Cody will take longer

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm good thanks he is the future along with Sullivan. But both have been injured this year. Sully's doing ok but Cody will take longer
It will be good to see these youngsters play again - whether in lower grades or first grade. These two are specials to shine for us one day in my opinion. It is unfortunate that both have had injuries and ops. Come next year, they will be rearing to fire!!

Crush

Coach
I never understand players getting compared to yesteryear greats before they have even made their NRL debut.
Where are you getting this from? Unless you have watched Ramsey grow up and play football as a teenager and move through the grades surely you cannot say he looks to have the x factor ability of Langlands etc?

BLM01

First Grade
As long as Blacker is tied up and cant not come back.
How do you tie em up...contract?..nah that does not stop em..NRL sanction. I did not worry Tallis for a year. Eddie is off contract at the end of 21.
Players will always put up their hand and ask for a release from their contract through their manager.
it is up to the club to make him happy enough in his own environment he would never contemplate leaving.
i dont trust our organisation with this task.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Crush if you watch a lot of football live and on TV you can see that certain players have exceptional ability which helps win games. Currently the Dragons have no strike players and as an onlooker I would only keep Lomax, Williame and Ramsay out of the current backline and build a team around them which may include the Feagais, Clune, Saab, Sailor and/or Sullivan. Mc Gregor keeps picking the same inadequate players and last year the winning ratio fell to 28% from around 40%. This performance is totally unacceptable and Mc Gregor should never have been given the job as he is clueless, soft and an excuse monger.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Warriors to spring the biggest upset. Not because they beat Sainst but under the Covid-19 circumstances where they have to relocate as well as teh injury toll. They are huge odds to beat anyone.

I would not even be surprised if Mary will be that cocky that he may even give them the week off training as in his mind it is a sure win.

I can also see this happening Saints going in at half time with a small lead, Mary opening the Champaign and toasting to a victory at half time only to get belted in the second half and lose by a huge score. Would not surprise me at all with this fool.

Latest posts