What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Dragons

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tough away trip on Friday night to Kogarah.

Like us, the Dragons have some injury concerns and are not in the best of form.

I think we can beat them but they will not play as badly as they did on Saturday night which concerns me. There is surely no way they will turn in a performance like that two weeks in a row.

We need to:

a. Bomb the shit out of Kyle Stanley at fullback. He does not look very confident under the high ball. I suspect Soward will do the same to Humble.

b. Hope that Beau Scott is selected in the centres. He is not a centre and hasn't had a good game in the centres for years. He isn't fast enough in defense and stifles their attack when playing in the backline. We need to target him.

c. Our forwards need to step up and dominate. If Ellis is out I will not be confident of this happening at all.

d. Our kicking game needs to improve. Specifically our long kicking game. No more kicks straight down the throat of the opposition wingers and fullbacks. Perhaps "the biggest boot in the club" can try a kick or two? Wouldn't hurt.

e. Hornby has defended on the right side so far this year and nearly all tries have come down his side. He has normally been a decent defender but has been diabolical in the first two games. We need our left side switched on and direct alot of traffic down that side.

hardbaby

Coach
As a Dragon supporter I can assure you they will not play that badly again this season. Expect a big turn around. Injuries/suspensions could be an issue for both teams. Who do you expect to be missing?

_Johnsy

Referee
On current form you guys should lap us by 40-50 points. Anything less is a massive failure.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think ellis will play

Likely to be missing tedesco, Utai, Galloway and lote

Don't know who the dragons are missing and don't care

Last year at kogarah we had like 8 players out against your full strength team and only went down by 6. No excuses for either team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Ellis plays I think we'll win

Really we should be at where the dragons were 2-3 years ago. I think this is our last chance to win the comp for the next few years.

The dragons had theirs and took it, they've come back to the field now and will need to build back up.

saint06

Juniors
last years game was over at half time, you fail to recognise this.....

However, i wouldn't be upset if Ellis didn't play - Champion player!

Wish both teams were at full strength. Can't wait to see what reception little Timmy gets.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully another good chapter in this growing rivalry...

super_coach

First Grade
Should be a good match between to teams that are playing well below expectations. Tigers have plenty of class but really have shown no TEAM WORK or no structure this season. The Dragons without Gaz and Boyd were always going to struggle a little but they very seldom hand in a shocker and never two weeks in a row. Home ground, they will be pumped and in my opion deserve to be a slight favorite.

Das Hassler

Bench
"Tigers have plenty of class but really have shown no TEAM WORK or no structure this season"

yeah right..163 minutes should be more than enough time to have it all running like a swiss watch

(edit /add) of course losing tadesco and Galloway in the first 83 minutes (first half of the season thus far) then Ellis in the second half of the season thus far wouldn't have any effect on teamwork or structure...what the hell's gone wrong?

Last edited:

vookie

Juniors
[/B]
last years game was over at half time, you fail to recognise this.....

However, i wouldn't be upset if Ellis didn't play - Champion player!

Wish both teams were at full strength. Can't wait to see what reception little Timmy gets.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully another good chapter in this growing rivalry...

Can't wait to see what sort of reception little Timmy gets ay? Shit I'm sure he is worried. Who will be leading the charge? Old powder puff Ben creagh?

macnaz

Staff member
Tims reception could be just the thing to make him show what ability he really has.... Well im hoping so lol

macnaz

Staff member
I'm tipping he'll be the Dragons best player.

lol Nah i doubt that ... Maybe playing fullback thats a chance .............. altho he mighten direct play 100% at the moment i dont think one individual play from him will cost us a game. I hate to dwell on old games BUT when he did play 7 we actually won games, maybe they had didly to do with him but the other players did what was needed to win the game ! So far Moltzen has been very average but he wasnt the sole reason for dropped balls etc and the one letting in tries, both weeks we were in front and struggled to hold the lead like we always seem to do . The others have to read the game for what it is and the situation they are in and respond.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dragons will just keep going to Morris and Cooper at the end of every set as always.

Have Fulton on the wing and Heighington at centre marking up on Cooper.

Doesn't matter who defends anywhere else as they won't be making any tackles.

Kick to the corners, kick early and kick deep.

redvwhite

Juniors
Gotta agree with hybrid about the Tigers needing to target Scott at centre and Stanley at the back,in defense. Those are two huge areas of concern for me as a Dragons fan. Scott too slow for that style of game and Kyle still not at home at number 1.

I wish you guys no luck whatsoever.

Bench
Gotta agree with hybrid about the Tigers needing to target Scott at centre and Stanley at the back,in defense. Those are two huge areas of concern for me as a Dragons fan. Scott too slow for that style of game and Kyle still not at home at number 1.

I wish you guys no luck whatsoever.
That is fair enough,you make your own luck as Gus say's.

Latest posts