What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Dragons

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The bit that really sh*ts me, is that their mental attitude and toughness is just so damned frail. Touted as among the favourites during off season but they do nothing to live up to it on the field. Fragile little prima donnas.

Rot permeates the club. We are musty and stale. What can we do to fix it? Sheens wont go, Humphreys wont do anything, the players are too comfortable, the in crowd rule the roost and underlying things is the unsettling kerfuffle with the joint venture tensions. Things bode badly unless someone grabs things by the scruff of the neck- but who?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Losing Gibbs imo has hurt the club more than we all realise.

I think he was someone who united all the players.

Without him there the players start to form little factions and cliques etc.

Makes teamwork and communication suffer massively.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think the reason we are so inconsistent is becasue of two players, those being Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. I am not saying they are not good, I love both players and couldn't be happier they are in the team BUT when they don't fire we don't fire as a team. One has to be on, if both are all the better.

I can't believe a Tigers team is scoring so may tries from kicks, we were the kings of creating tries but that just isn't happening any more. When did the Tigers start doing mid field bombs? That was never our go. As much as it would have me on the edge of my seat we would try and create a try by beating a man, not kicking it over him.

As I say I love watching Benji however I ask the question is he the best player in this position, if would suggest not. He can score a try and set up a try sure but he simply can't control the game. I am not talking about a one off game we are winning by 20 points, he just can't control a team for the whole season season like Lockyer could and how Thurston can. He is just too consistent in my opinion.

This is where the need for a half back comes into play. Get the pressure off Benji and Robbie and let them play their freakish games. Have the half back build the pressure and control the plays for the majority of the time and let these other two cut loose but only WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

How good is this Dane Chisolm? Can he play half back?

I think once Humble becomes more confident he'll start running off Marshall as Moltzen did later in 2011. Moltzen is hard to bag at this stage as he is trying to play off the back of a forward back that is being dominated, particularly against Dragons. Our forwards were laughable. Realyy missing Ellis and Galloway to lead inexperienced forwards and set example out on the field. I would sign mason ASAP at least to use at front row fodder and hit it up to soak up opposition energy. The ack will click soon but useless without strong forwards platform.

dumpy

Juniors
All people agree that props are paramount - without any go forward and stability in defense nothing happens. If things are to turn around Big Keefy, being the senior prop, has to move up several levels and lead forwards onwards. Unfortunately with those lucky legs, I have reservations if he could force his way through a strawberry patch (leg drive). I hope he proves me wrong but he has done little for years and I often wonder why gibbs was shunted and not keefy. It is about time coach sheens made some easy decisions concerning the halfback - have not had a halfback since prince left and we are paying the penalty. It may make coach sheens appear as popular as a turd in a swimming pool with benji, but this is a business and it is all about being competitive and WINNING.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah is facing two weeks on the sideline after he was charged with a dangerous throw by the NRL match review committee on Monday.

Farah was charged for his tackle on Dragons halfback Ben Hornby in the 4th minute of Friday night’s clash at WIN Jubilee Oval.

The Wests Tigers hooker will miss two weeks if he takes the early guilty plea, but could face three weeks if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.

Our condolences, it was accidental and he really did not deserve that, and neither did you!

macnaz

Staff member
Hmmm he did do it i guess altho an accident i think 2 weeks seems a bit much. Did anyone see mutant Taylors one last week? Lucky a team mate saved him slightly but it was a delibrate hand between the leg with drive towards the ground.. It didnt even get reveiwed

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah is facing two weeks on the sideline after he was charged with a dangerous throw by the NRL match review committee on Monday.

Farah was charged for his tackle on Dragons halfback Ben Hornby in the 4th minute of Friday night’s clash at WIN Jubilee Oval.

The Wests Tigers hooker will miss two weeks if he takes the early guilty plea, but could face three weeks if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.

Our condolences, it was accidental and he really did not deserve that, and neither did you!

Alas, the rules are the ruiles and when I saw that tackle I just knew there was going to be at very leasst a visit to the judiciary immaterail of what the ref didnt do at the time. Well, that puts WT further up the cr*pper for a few more weeks.

macnaz

Staff member
What about the hit on Ryan .. Doesnt even get a mention WTF ! it was no dif than the one on Benji. Another year with the same judicary inconsistancies

Magpies Forever

Juniors
What about the hit on Ryan .. Doesnt even get a mention WTF is was no dif than the one on Benji. Another year with the same inconsistancy

I agree the lack of consistency is there, but its always been there. AFAIK, WT could have taken it and asked for a review but they didnt. We should have learnt by now not to rely on the the fairness of other parties. We have to stand up for ourselves.

As far back as the Boyd and Donnelly video rub outs vs Manly I was miffed that the rules were applied inconsistently. They transgressed the rules and were eventually suspended, my anger was that the video checking of matches was not done on every first grade match after that to be consistent with the precedent the heirachy set. That took longer to come in and in the interim the Magpies missed out and were used as an example.

Seems now WestsTigers still seem to get selective viewing of their matches by the hierachy. Not complaining, things just go around. If WT really felt that miffed they should have lodged a complaint and taken it to the judiciary. Staying silent and keeping things on the field only goes so far. Should we squeal every time there is a bad tackle against us? No. Should we stand up for oursleves and lodge complaints both to the ref and later to the NRL heirarchy if there is a pattern of bad tackles in a game i.e 'proof' of a deliberate ploy by the opposition to put players out of the game? Yes, we cant, and shouldnt, rely on a higher authority seeing things our way without us jumping up and down.

saint06

Juniors
Matchball....Are you there Matchball? Have you anything worthy to contribute?

Matchball.....Matchball.....

Matchball

Bench
Matchball....Are you there Matchball? Have you anything worthy to contribute?

Matchball.....Matchball.....

Game is over and done with.
Have you got anything worthy to contribute besides trolling the Wests tigers forum?

Get a life loser.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I agree the lack of consistency is there, but its always been there. AFAIK, WT could have taken it and asked for a review but they didnt. We should have learnt by now not to rely on the the fairness of other parties. We have to stand up for ourselves.

As far back as the Boyd and Donnelly video rub outs vs Manly I was miffed that the rules were applied inconsistently. They transgressed the rules and were eventually suspended, my anger was that the video checking of matches was not done on every first grade match after that to be consistent with the precedent the heirachy set. That took longer to come in and in the interim the Magpies missed out and were used as an example.

Seems now WestsTigers still seem to get selective viewing of their matches by the hierachy. Not complaining, things just go around. If WT really felt that miffed they should have lodged a complaint and taken it to the judiciary. Staying silent and keeping things on the field only goes so far. Should we squeal every time there is a bad tackle against us? No. Should we stand up for oursleves and lodge complaints both to the ref and later to the NRL heirarchy if there is a pattern of bad tackles in a game i.e 'proof' of a deliberate ploy by the opposition to put players out of the game? Yes, we cant, and shouldnt, rely on a higher authority seeing things our way without us jumping up and down.

When you are hot, you are hot, when you are not....then this happens

"Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah is facing two weeks on the sideline after he was charged with a dangerous throw by the NRL match review committee on Monday.
The Wests Tigers hooker will miss two weeks if he takes the early guilty plea, but could face three weeks if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses. I DON'T GAVE A PROBLEM HERE, IT WAS A BAD TACKLE, IT WAS PENALISED & SHOULD BE REVIEWED
Dragons Jeremy Latimore and Melbourne’s Todd Lowrie were both charged with Grade 1 offences, but will be free to play if they take the early guilty plea.
Latimore was charged with a Grade 1 careless high tackle on Wests Tigers five-eighth Benji Marshall in the 26th minute, but will be free to take on the Sea Eagles in Round 4 with the early plea." WTF??? NO PENALTY TO TIGERS, WE LOST THE BALL IN THE RYAN TACKLE AND STILL NO VIDEO REF INTERVENTION.

IS IT JUST MY IMAGINATION, OR HAVE FARAH, HEIGHINGTON & LAWRENCE ALL LOST THE PLOT SINCE PLAYING INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL???? ALTHOUGH IN SAYING THAT I DON'T RECALL FARAH'S LAST GOOD GAME !!! MAYBE A COUPLE OF WEEKS OFF THE FIELD WATCHING SOMEONE ELSE IN "HIS" NUMBER 9 JUMPER WILL BE THE SHAKE UP HE NEEDS...????

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We are no chance without Farah, IMO.

I thought last week was his best game for a while.

If our halfback continues to sit back and do f**k all the next two weeks will go: L L

Fordy20

Juniors
Agreed. I think Farah is lifting, but he can't do much without the forwards working with him. Making roughly 40 tackles is bound to sap your offensive potential. Also need both halves contributing. I want to see Chisholm at fullback and either Humble or Miller in the halves. Moltzen is too much of a limousine for mine.

macnaz

Staff member
We are no chance without Farah, IMO.

I thought last week was his best game for a while.

If our halfback continues to sit back and do f**k all the next two weeks will go: L L

Bla bla bla bla bla .. Jeez Hybrid give the Moltzen bash a f**king rest! You know , i know the club knows ... THE FORWARDS LOST THAT f**kING GAME so move on. When our forwards have a blinder and he sux well go for your life but FMD enough is enough its boring and makes you look a you know nothing about the game which i sure isnt true, man if its raining on the weekend you will blame Moltzen for the weather.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Never blamed Moltzen for the loss and yes, our forwards lost that game.

Doesn't make his lack of involvement any less ridiculous, does it?

When he has a f**king go I will back off. That's all I ask.

Bla bla bla bla bla .. Jeez Hybrid give the Moltzen bash a f**king rest! You know , i know the club knows ... THE FORWARDS LOST THAT f**kING GAME so move on. When our forwards have a blinder and he sux well go for your life but FMD enough is enough its boring and makes you look a you know nothing about the game which i sure isnt true, man if its raining on the weekend you will blame Moltzen for the weather.

Mate for most of last year you were calling him Tim the tissue & one of his biggest critics,why have your opinions changed it certainly could not be due to a run of better performances.

Moltzen deserves all the criticism that comes his way,his continual lack of involvement can only be attributed to himself,he is f**king lazy as well as useless & in no way deserves to be any where near the first grade side

macnaz

Staff member
The reason being is last year he played fullback which was not a position that was anywhere near a natural one. The guy has a metal plate in his head so to play him there where high speed collisions are imenent was always going see him wimp out. Although im sure most here must agree he actualy improved enormously after being left their. So why cant he be expected to improve in a position that IS natural to him now ? jeez 3 games is hardly much time to expect massive improvement. As for the lazy bit he made from memory 16 tackles, twice that of benji so i dont think that is his issue. Someone mentioned here about Sheens directing him to take a step back and leave the play making to Robbie and Benji ... Could that be a reason he isnt involved enough ? Who knows.
Once again id just like to see him behind a dominate pack before i pass judgement.

Last edited:

Latest posts