What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Newcastle Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
So we've dissected and crammed the result on Friday night down our throats. It was disappointing embarrassing and all those colourful words...but there's a phrase I love in sport and it couldn't be anymore appropriate - there is always next week.

And what it a week it promises to be! Friday night, Hunter Stadium, 1988 foundation clubs represent when we tackle our southern brothers in a clash that in the late 90's-early 00's was like a mini Origin.

It seems like ever since they signed our old coach they've been walking around like they own the competition, I for one would love nothing more than to smash them down off their perch at their own home ground and remind Bennett about the club his heart truly resides.

Early mail is that we could be missing Corey Parker & Ben Te'o who both suffered thumb injuries in Friday's shock lost. No reports on replacements so let's act like advisors and inform Hook who should cover for them?

Show us your line-up Brisbane fans and get ready for what should be a very entertaining clash in just 5 more days.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
If Parker and Te'o are out that would be a massive blow because they both add so much to the team, especially in defence. Also we would sorely miss Parkers goal kicking.

1.Hoffman
2.Beale
3.Reed
4.Hodges
5.Yow Yeh
6.Norman
7.Wallace
8.Hannant
9.Macca
10.Civo
11.Glenn
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.McGuire
16.Anderson
17.Slyney

Kiwi

First Grade
Is dodds hurt? And what about lui or even frei who could kick goals.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
1 Hoffman
2 Beale
3 Reed
4 Hodges
5 Yow Yeh
6 Norman
7 Wallace
8 Hannant
9 Macca
10 Petro
11 Thaiday
12 Glenn
13 Gillett

14 Hunt
15 Mcguire
16 Dodds
17 Anderson
18 Lui

IBA

Juniors
Gillett to lock, he'd get 80 minutes as well which would be amazing, Thaiday back to 2nd row where he is much better anyway and will probably play 80 minutes, like a captain should.

Hala is still out with his foot right? I'd expect Anderson if his back is ok, and Slyney to get another shot. I suppose Lui would be next in line.

I get the feeling Thaiday and Glenn will play the entire 80 so there will be limited game time for Slyney/Anderson with 3 much higher quality props there already.

Looking forward to this one.

AuDragon

Juniors
If Parker and Te'o are out that would be a massive blow because they both add so much to the team, especially in defence. Also we would sorely miss Parkers goal kicking.

1.Hoffman
2.Beale
3.Reed
4.Hodges
5.Yow Yeh
6.Norman
7.Wallace
8.Hannant
9.Macca
10.Civo
11.Glenn
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.McGuire
16.Anderson
17.Slyney
This pretty much ^^^^

Not to speak of the nightmare for all my fantasy leagues if Parker misses out! :?

josh1111

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Beale
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannat
9. Macca
10. Mcguire
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Reed
14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Civo
17. Anderson

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Beale
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannat
9. Macca
10. Mcguire
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Reed
14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Civo
17. Anderson

Interesting choice, probably won't happen with Reed at 13. Not sure about moving a player to a position in which he is not entirely familiar especially considering you have Gillett on the bench still.

Kiwi

First Grade
This is the side I would run

1 Hoffman
2 beale
3 reed
4 Hodges
5 jaral
6 Norman
7 Wallace
8 hannant
9 McCullough
10 McGuire
11 Glenn
12 thaiday
13 gillett

14 hunt
15 civo
16 frei
17 Anderson/dodds/lui/slyney

This wanting to promote petero to starting prop didn't watch the game Friday night, big show was clearly the better of the two, and probably the best prop in the game that night for both sides.

josh1111

Juniors
Interesting choice, probably won't happen with Reed at 13. Not sure about moving a player to a position in which he is not entirely familiar especially considering you have Gillett on the bench still.

Just think with Gillett on the bench he can give us that something extra after 20 minutes, otherwise our bench looks a little so so.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Just think with Gillett on the bench he can give us that something extra after 20 minutes, otherwise our bench looks a little so so.

Fair point about the bench to an extent. However I think because all of our starting second rowers are all capable of playing 80 minutes and Mcguire is capable of playing at least 60 minutes, also with Hunt occupying one of the spots the other spots would probably be filled with Anderson and Lui/Slyney in my opinion.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Looks like Gidley will be out with a dislocated shoulder.

Lucky we have good back row depth. I'm with you guys, if Parker is out would love to see Gillett get more minutes at lock. Thaiday def needs to go back to the backrow.

Wouldn't be disappointed if they threw in Gagai for Beale, I doubt it will happen though.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
This wanting to promote petero to starting prop didn't watch the game Friday night, big show was clearly the better of the two, and probably the best prop in the game that night for both sides.

Do you think that might have been because of his impact off the bench though? I agree that he probably had the best performance out there barring Scott and maybe Tamou, but I think he adds more coming off the bench against tired players. I can see him starting soon, but IMO he still needs a little more time.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Reed at lock is interesting, but I think they will ultimately go with Gillette. Should be a cracking game. Wish it was here.

IBA

Juniors
Last time Reed played lock he looked like he was going to have a heart attack. Leave him in the centers, he is playing well there and Norman needs to work his left hand combination with him.

Latest posts