What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Newcastle Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Nope, Two Try Tame Tupou does though.

Bott's only game that season was against Souths...and we were their first victims for the season. :(

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I remember Bott was running around in the Shute Shield down here in Sydney, only game i saw of him was when he got sent off for tackling a guy in the air and dropping him on his head.

Big Pete

Referee
Yep after being released to the Sharks (where he played one game), he went over to the Bulldogs before returning to Rugby where he cost some bloke his kidney.

Tame was granted a release in 2007 where he went to Bradford. Think he returned to Australia in 2010 or so to the West Tigers and last year he was apart of the Dolphins squad.

He's a really well spoken guy Gary, sort of surprised me - I expected him to talk like Vatuvei.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Yep after being released to the Sharks (where he played one game), he went over to the Bulldogs before returning to Rugby where he cost some bloke his kidney.

Tame was granted a release in 2007 where he went to Bradford. Think he returned to Australia in 2010 or so to the West Tigers and last year he was apart of the Dolphins squad.

He's a really well spoken guy Gary, sort of surprised me - I expected him to talk like Vatuvei.

Tupou couldn't catch a cold - had that in common with Vatuvei.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Bott had a good first year though didn't he? What happened to him did he just fall out of favour or was it the fact Boyd and Micheals were brought into the squad around that time? Just curious because i never really got why he left

Big Pete

Referee
Not really.

Bott had pace but that was basically it. Everything else from his positioning, defence, performance under the high ball, work from dummy half was poor.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Bott was the standard winger Bennett liked in that era. No idea about football but fast - Bott, Robinson, Michaels etc

Southern Cross

Juniors
Does anyone know if Mr Mac will turn up and actually participate in the Knights game a player who should do more and play more time does little Hunt was much better against the cowboys maybe he needs a week or two in Q cup is Baptist fit yet

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does anyone know if Mr Mac will turn up and actually participate in the Knights game a player who should do more and play more time does little Hunt was much better against the cowboys maybe he needs a week or two in Q cup is Baptist fit yet

Jesus. Punctuate man. My eyes are bleeding from trying to put the above together as a paragraph.

Joker's Wild

Coach
On NRL Head to Head this week they're replaying the Round 9 2006 game between the Broncos and the Knights.

Classic game with Lockyer and Johns at their finest.

That will be on Thursday night 8:30pm Daylight Savings time.

We beat you guys 32-30 or some such didnt we? Great game of footy that one

Big Pete

Referee
Shhh, don't spoil it man!

Yeah, great game it has everything. Big hits, good attacking Rugby League and of course a bit of controversy.

Southern Cross

Juniors
Has Mr Mac been having a rest in the 9 Jersey.His form towards the end of last year was good.He has a lot of ability but might be a bit lazy.he has kicking ability and now might be a good time to show it and take some pressure of Wallace & Norman.Hunt I think has had a lot less time on the field and according to the statistics on Broncos page is only behind in tackles.We need an improved game from him or Bedsey will show him up tonight(hope he proves me wrong.Am like a lot of people who were concerned about Norman at 6 but I think early signs are good and think he is on his way to a great no 6.Wallace is also adjusting well.We will miss Parker all round good oportunity for Teo,Thiday & Anderson to show us what they have All in all happy with the team at this stage

user_nat

Coach
McC seems to have a bit of a problem with starting seasons slow.

I guess it is good that he hits form at the business end if the year, not the other way around.

blaza88z

Coach
the problem with Macca is that he's only good for 1 dummy per game and he only looks threatening 5m out from the line with his grubber kicks

I wouldn't imagine him busting open the defense in his own half to sprint away and setup Hoffman under the sticks, unless of course that was his 1 dummy for the game

user_nat

Coach
So we got the points. Wasn't beautiful, but we still managed 24 points. We seemingly can't score from up close though.
Considering how they scored the defense was pretty good. But why is the entire team so damn slow?

3. Hannant
2. Gillett
1. Hodges

Every other centre in the game would be jealous of how much ball Hodges gets.

That game makes me want a nice dry Sunday game. Might help some of the things in attack stick and put on a bigger score.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Congratulations on the win Broncos fans. I can't really say much more than that because I'm utterly disgusted by my team's performance tonight. Think I'll go sleep it off and hopefully feel better in the morning.

Snappy

Coach
Very gracious SK. Must say though im also pretty disgusted with Broncos performance as well. We should have been at least 20 points up by halftime.

We were throwing stupid un-necessary passes all night which went to ground. How many times tonight were we panicing like it was the fifth tackle when it was only the fourth.

Hodges is a champ but jeez he throws some stupid out the back passes. Good for at least one a game.

Macca's work in plays in the lead up to the Gillet try was good to see.

Hannant did a ton of work and was clearly our stand out prop and deserved MOM.

Did knights even bomb Beale once ? I expected a barrage at him all night. Hoffman had a steller night at the back.

We need to learn how to turn pressure into points becuase if we dont do that soon that wont beat the better teams.

ranga68

Juniors
Mcguire had a solid 60 min run topping the tackle count for broncs, hannat had his best game in a long time.
3 hannant
2 mcguire
1 gillet

Latest posts