What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Newcastle Discussion + Voting

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah I wouldn't be moving Reed, not a fan of moving players from other positions to cover injuries when it's not necessary. Straight swap is much better.

Jono078

Referee
Parker is a big loss, even though he was so shit last week and probably cost your mob.

This will be another tough grinding game I think. No idea what result to expect other than Knights to have a better home showing than we did against the Dragons.

Big Pete

Referee
He's certainly a loss but if there's one area Brisbane can cover it's the backrow. In fact, it may even be a blessing in disguise as one complaint we've all had here is how misused some of the forwards have been. With Parker out of the picture, the other forwards have a chance to step up and show what they're capable of.

We'll definitely miss his goal kicking though. He started the season as the best goal kicker in the competition.

beads6

First Grade
What kind of clown would you need to be to want to move Reed to lock at this stage?? Very dumb suggestion IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
Interesting article in the CM

"We've got a few options with guys like (Matt) Gillett and Civoniceva," said Griffin, describing the injury to Parker as a "massive loss".
"We'll probably go with Petero (at prop) and push Sammy (Thaiday) back to the lock position."
If that's the case, Alex Glenn and Ben Te'o will remain in the second row with Matt Gillett coming off the bench.
Civoniceva played close to 40 minutes off the bench against the Cowboys and Griffin has no concerns about his ability to step straight into the starting role.
"He had a quality 37 minutes against the Cowboys and got us going forward and he defended very well.
"He's ready to go."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...on-injured-thumb/story-e6frep5x-1226297457489

On Jack Reed in the backrow

Reed, who has been a revelation at centre and earmarked as a future lock, is hoping it doesn't happen this weekend with Griffin looking at all his options.
"I'm liking it on the edge but I'll do what's best for the squad," said Reed.
"Getting in the middle and pulling that jersey on will be a tough gig, I feel sorry for the bloke who has to do it ... I hope it's not me."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...on-injured-thumb/story-e6frep5x-1226297457489

Mr Fourex

Bench
Parker is having surgery on his thumb and will miss 4-6 weeks. Te'o will be OK and likely move to lock

Linkidink

Lucky you provided a link. Otherwise your information would've had to have been questioned. ;-)

The run on side is easy enough

8. Hannant
9. Mc
10. Petro
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Teo

replacements....

14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Gillette
17. Anderson

I have know idea why someone would want to move Reed to lock when he is perfect where he is

and we have back rowers coming out of our anus

user_nat

Coach
Reading that first line of the CM quote I thought Griffin was suggesting that Petro would be an option at lock.
Would be.. interesting.

Big Pete

Referee
Some more news...

Firstly on our opponents - Bennett maybe shifting Boyd to five eigth to cover for Kidley who's definitely been ruled out. That will mean Naiqama will slot in at fullback & Tahu will make his return into the centres. Costigan may also miss the match with a badly corked thigh.

And Gee has ruled out any possibility of signing Lussick and Keating.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Some more news...

Firstly on our opponents - Bennett maybe shifting Boyd to five eigth to cover for Kidley who's definitely been ruled out. That will mean Naiqama will slot in at fullback & Tahu will make his return into the centres. Costigan may also miss the match with a badly corked thigh.

And Gee has ruled out any possibility of signing Lussick and Keating.

Didn't even know we were in the running for these guys. Lussick would be a good bench option, but we have so much depth at the moment, especially in hybrid-type forwards like Lussick is (Teo, Gillette, Glenn, Lui, Frei, Gibbs, Slyney).

God-King Dean

Immortal
Fantasy question time!!:

Who do you guys think will make the most points & $$$ now that both Glenn & Te'o will be in the backrow covering Parker?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Teo has been names at lock and Thaiday in backrow. Would have preferred Gillet at lock given his ball skills, but I don't think it really matters.

BRONCOS

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Gerard Beale
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday (c)
13 Ben Te'o

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Josh McGuire
16 Matt Gillett
17 Scott Anderson

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-against-knights/story-e6frep5o-1226297887782

user_nat

Coach
Fantasy question time!!:

Who do you guys think will make the most points & $$$ now that both Glenn & Te'o will be in the backrow covering Parker?

Teo would be a good pick in the centres.

Can't see any 1 player massively benefitting. The extra 80 minutes/workload will probably be spread.

AceAv

Juniors
Parker is a big loss, even though he was so shit last week and probably cost your mob.

Sure he let a couple easy tries slip through, don't underestimate the skill of the Cowboys there, not an easy task trying to mark up on those two occasions. Parker ran 150m and tackled 33 times and hit all 5 conversions (100%) still this year.

A couple missed tackles is forgivable, was a shame that the cowboys got them at the right end of the field. I would blame Beale for his poor catch before Parker for breaking from a scrum to see an elusive Bowen step inside him within 0.5 seconds...

IBA

Juniors
Parker is by far our most consistent player and an absolute workhorse. A couple of fairly uncharacteristic mistakes last week but still a huge effort. He is not really a game breaker so in that sense he is replaceable but T'eo better bring his A game if he wants to match what Parker does at lock.

hellteam

First Grade
I'll be interested to see how we go without him. He is a good player and does a lot of work, but I sometimes get the feeling he takes one too many hit ups some sets, especially near the line. I could be wrong but we will see

Big Pete

Referee
On NRL Head to Head this week they're replaying the Round 9 2006 game between the Broncos and the Knights.

Classic game with Lockyer and Johns at their finest.

That will be on Thursday night 8:30pm Daylight Savings time.

Latest posts