What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hmm.... in a tricky situation here....

Or perhaps Big Pete is lying to me since he's pissed off I got a better score than him......

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: You got me man, my gamblers came up snake eyes on the weekend but with any luck the JT/Bowen combo will take my fictional children through college. :p

In all seriousness, I've also got Reed in my fantasy team because I reckon he'll play the bulk of the season. If Copley improves, he may take his spot down the line but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Mr Fourex

Bench
So I assume Reed will be staying in first-grade permanantly? As centre or wing in the long run?

In the long run

if not him .......who to replace him with?

He's finding his feet, solid enough performances

....maybe just enough.

His mistake rate isn't higher than to be expected for a new comer IMHO.......

Underlining all that however is a reality that says I don't think he's overly talented. He might make a solid first grader........

But I don't think he'll reach the upper echelon of NRL players

as do I not think a lot of these up and coming players will..........(maybe Hoffman......Gillet?)

It's a concern for the future.....post Hodges

......post Lockyer
dontknow.gif

schubie666

Juniors
Gagai will be a future star and will bring another x factor to the broncos for sure .I think we need to give him abit more time to gain confidence and not bag him at the start of his career. Ive seen him play in the lower comps and he is ******* amazing!!!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Underlining all that however is a reality that says I don't think he's overly talented. He might make a solid first grader........

But I don't think he'll reach the upper echelon of NRL players

Keep in mind he has kept Tonga and Crocker quiet. Not bad for a rookie.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Keep in mind he has kept Tonga and Crocker quiet. Not bad for a rookie.

Yea, defense is one of his strengths. What I think he is saying though is that he can't see him being one of those freakish game winners. Just a solid centre who does his job well (which isn't a bad thing at all) and I would agree.

AuDragon

Juniors
Yea, defense is one of his strengths. What I think he is saying though is that he can't see him being one of those freakish game winners. Just a solid centre who does his job well (which isn't a bad thing at all) and I would agree.
He's no Folau, but he has done quite well in attack. Scored a good try against the Cows and although Yow Yeh finished splendidly against the Raiders, Reed's work to get him the ball was quite good too.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Gagai will be a future star and will bring another x factor to the broncos for sure .I think we need to give him abit more time to gain confidence and not bag him at the start of his career. Ive seen him play in the lower comps and he is ******* amazing!!!

NRL is 20 classes above Under 20s. Should have been playing Qld Cup if the Broncs were fair dinkum.

johns_reds

First Grade
last time i openly tipped broncs to win we lost rd 1 to cowboys! going to keep my tips to myself this time!

Very excited about this game, finally get to see Hannant back in Broncos colours where he belongs! on top of that the long awaited return of hodges! going to be an awesome night win/lose or draw!

Was suprised to see Beale shifted to the wing and Gagai dropped (was he dropped, or injured??), i know Gagai had a few shockers last week but think he has got some great talent and possibly should have been given another week to make amends!

One other thing i don't like about the line up is thaiday at prop still, what the hell???

Last edited:

MightyBronco

Juniors
Im too scared to pick as well!

One thing i've been happy with is the fast exciting (ish) football the Broncs have been playing.

Great team to watch and support.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
last time i openly tipped broncs to win we lost rd 1 to cowboys! going to keep my tips to myself this time!

Very excited about this game, finally get to see Hannant back in Broncos colours where he belongs! on top of that the long awaited return of hodges! going to be an awesome night win/lose or draw!

Was suprised to see Beale shifted to the wing and Gagai dropped (was he dropped, or injured??), i know Gagai had a few shockers last week but think he has got some great talent and possibly should have been given another week to make amends!

One other thing i don't like about the line up is thaiday at prop still, what the hell???

They didn't have to drop him as he's injured

AuDragon

Juniors
They didn't have to drop him as he's injured
Have to? I reckon he would play tomorrow night if he wasn't injured.
He's got the talent to be a top winger, and the worst thing you could do as a coach, is drop a rookie because of a bad night under the high ball. Locky and Hodgo had shockers in their first games too, lucky their coach didn't decide they should be sacked...

AuDragon

Juniors
Way to miss the point...

Yes, so did Hodges in his very first game. So, let's replace first game with first year, where both of them had a few shockers, as well as their first rep games... But were not punted by their coach.

The point is that most saw their talent and potential, and that those errors were part of the learning process in a young rookie.
Showing confidence in their abilities and belief in their talent is the best way to handle it IMO.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Way to miss the point...

Yes, so did Hodges in his very first game. So, let's replace first game with first year, where both of them had a few shockers, as well as their first rep games... But were not punted by their coach.

The point is that most saw their talent and potential, and that those errors were part of the learning process in a young rookie.
Showing confidence in their abilities and belief in their talent is the best way to handle it IMO.

So based on your theory then, how many points do they have to concede or how many games lost at an extreme before they are dropped if they're not going to be dropped for poor performances at the start of their career?

Big Pete

Referee
Lockyer nor Hodges had shockers in their debut.

Hodges came in around Origin time and played impressively in a narrow loss to Canberra in Canberra. He didn't see much first grade that year and wouldn't until 2001 where he was being groomed for 2002...which is where the Roosters threw the vault at him and he jumped straight away.

I get your point though AuDragon and I'm sure there's somebody out their who fits that description...

Latest posts